+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday is my first game since the rebrand.

Re: Sunday is my first game since the rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've always found face to face conversation to be more tolerant of one another's views regardless of our differing opinions between mates and family, online is always a free for all with people happily being abusive, saying things they likely wouldn't when sat round a table in say a pub. People are happy to type "you're an idiot" etc but wouldn't take that stance if doing it face to face, even after a few pints and shorts.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow and the bug comes back, whatever anyone says.
    I've never had a problem saying it in or out of drink.
    The same could be said for people looking for attention and playing the sentimental card. Ffs go to the game or not. No need to be all luvvy about it.
    "I haven't been for 5 years etc" I was almost forced to etc.
    Yer man needs to get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    The same could be said for people looking for attention and playing the sentimental card. Ffs go to the game or not. No need to be all luvvy about it.
    You have no problem announcing when you attend games. Why do care when someone else does it? You seem to care a lot about others expressing their opinions or circumstances. You also are quick to infer whatever values you choose. What on earth makes you think anyone is "playing the sentimental card"? You have no evidence to back that up. Why can't you just live and let live?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You have no problem announcing when you attend games. Why do care when someone else does it? You seem to care a lot about others expressing their opinions or circumstances. You also are quick to infer whatever values you choose. What on earth makes you think anyone is "playing the sentimental card"? You have no evidence to back that up. Why can't you just live and let live?
    For long enough I've had to read about certain fans taking the high moral ground. I haven't been for so long etc etc as if they're martyrs.

Go to the game and enjoy, don't make a fecking meal of it. " I don't know how I'll feel blah blah blah. Talk about milking it. Also, it just happens to be promotion day, they tend to leave that part out of it. He's not even pretending he's there for the big day and to celebrate 'its out of my hands ' What a legend

Yeah, I announce it because I'm actually excited about attending games, even after all these years. Plus I look for advice.

It's a message board. People have to talk about something. And everybody has different ideas/feelings/opinions/circumstances. Don't let it bother you. At least the bloke who stared this thread seems genuine and not a WUM.

Louth, I'd understand a bit better if it wa say BIS starting this thread. But the fella posting seems decent. Also from reading the board over time it looks like a few know him as well, so he's not some wind up.

For long enough I've had to read about certain fans taking the high moral ground. I haven't been for so long etc etc as if they're martyrs.

Go to the game and enjoy, don't make a fecking meal of it. " I don't know how I'll feel blah blah blah. Talk about milking it. Also, it just happens to be promotion day, they tend to leave that part out of it. He's not even pretending he's there for the big day and to celebrate 'its out of my hands ' What a legend

Yeah, I announce it because I'm actually excited about attending games, even after all these years. Plus I look for advice.

Fair play, you've certainly jumped to a number of conclusions there butt.

Glad to see your CCFC moral compass is in working order.

Drop a pill or something to lighten up?

Were you banging your head against the keyboard whilst typing that?

If that was said 'face to face' I could well be tempted to 'get a grip'.

You're a beaut

Only one thing matter today lads. Whatever your background we are all City, let's get behind the boys and cheer them from start to finish.

On a day like this no place for petty arguments 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Look at me! It isn't about you at all.
    Vincent Tan has done more for this club than almost anybody I could think of. Move on like the rest of us have.
    The guy is a grade A cockshaft. Let’s not delude ourselves. Has he done what he promised in paying off the debt? When he goes you will see exactly what he has done for the club. Enjoy it while it lasts.

If all else fails Jordi, just tell Louth and Shute you’ve been following Fulham for the past few years instead.

Swooning.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    The guy is a grade A cockshaft. Let’s not delude ourselves. Has he done what he promised in paying off the debt? When he goes you will see exactly what he has done for the club. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    He could have gone after relegation from the premiership. With his debt secured by a floating charge over the club he could have recouped the bulk of his debt by stripping the club to the bone, selling any asset of value including the playing staff.

He could have run the club as a shell putting the youths out plummeting down the leagues, not particularly giving a shit while pocketing the parachute payments.

That fact that he stuck around, retained the structure of the club, getting us to where we are now speaks volumes for the guy, especially after the vile abuse aimed at him.

Hope it goes well and you enjoy a memorable occasion today. Just remember to thank VT. It wouldn't have happened without his continued commitment to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    He could have gone after relegation from the premiership. With his debt secured by a floating charge over the club he could have recouped the bulk of his debt by stripping the club to the bone, selling any asset of value including the playing staff.

He could have run the club as a shell putting the youths out plummeting down the leagues, not particularly giving a shit while pocketing the parachute payments.

That fact that he stuck around, retained the structure of the club, getting us to where we are now speaks volumes for the guy, especially after the vile abuse aimed at him.

Hope it goes well and you enjoy a memorable occasion today. Just remember to thank VT. It wouldn't have happened without his continued commitment to the club.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post

Nice post 👍🏻

Great to see the scenes. Best day in my Cardiff City life. A truly great season. The togetherness is unbelievable.

Thank you Tan, Mehmet, Neil and an amazing squad of players

It's a bit strange that after what has been perhaps the best season in many a year, you still have such hatred for our owner. With FFP it's not possible to just invest 100million like that. Time will tell if you are right or not but on the evidence so far he has really got things right on and off the pitch with the help of the chairman and manager. What a fantastic season and I can't wait to see what Neil does with a bit of money. Hopefully we'll be smart and get a few younger players to build for the future.

I take back my comments back from earlier. Put it down to nerves and drink.

Great scenes from CCS

Am I allowed to say I enjoyed the day?

Fantastic atmosphere, fantastic occasion for the supporters. Warnock deserves never to buy another drink in Cardiff.

It was also my first game in a while. Great atmosphere, reminded me of the city I fell in love with as a kid.

Wasn’t a big fan of the adulation Tan got at the end, and his apology is a bit meh (he doesn’t actually say sorry...).

Glad there are fans enjoying it. It kinda put a downer on it for me. Maybe I’ll try again in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    It was also my first game in a while. Great atmosphere, reminded me of the city I fell in love with as a kid.

Wasn’t a big fan of the adulation Tan got at the end, and his apology is a bit meh (he doesn’t actually say sorry...).

Glad there are fans enjoying it. It kinda put a downer on it for me. Maybe I’ll try again in a few years.
    close the door on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Am I allowed to say I enjoyed the day?

Fantastic atmosphere, fantastic occasion for the supporters. Warnock deserves never to buy another drink in Cardiff.
    Genuinely pleased for you.
    It was a day for everyone who cares for the club to enjoy.

Hope you don't wait too long before your next game 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Hope you don't wait too long before your next game 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Hope you don't wait too long before your next game ��
    Genuinely enjoyed the whole day. Thrilled for City in 'going up' and thrilled for mates who kept going where I decided to bunk out. The atmosphere was fantastic and it did feel like City again.

What you apparently refuse to acknowledge is that the debt is owed to VT and he is gradually paying off/converting the debt over a number of years, in accordance with FFP rules. When he goes/sells eventually the debt will go with him and now we are back in the Premier League, what the club owe him will reduce a lot quicker. From what I recollect about the accounts, he has converted £8-11m of debt each year for the last three years - you talk about this as though it us a piffling amount. Have you got £8m to put into the club or would you if you did have it ? - no I didnt think so. Your language about our owner is appalling by the way.

Genuinely enjoyed the whole day. Thrilled for City in 'going up' and thrilled for mates who kept going where I decided to bunk out. The atmosphere was fantastic and it did feel like City again.
    Glad u enjoyed it.

First game of the season yesterday. Another old folks Saga trip.

Couple of pints with old mates in The Grange pre & post match. Level 5 is a bit windy and cold but really enjoyed the game, atmosphere was good. City got something about them haven't they.

Am I allowed to say this? Can somebody ask my butty Louth for his thoughts?

First game of the season yesterday. Another old folks Saga trip.

Couple of pints with old mates in The Grange pre & post match. Level 5 is a bit windy and cold but really enjoyed the game, atmosphere was good. City got something about them haven't they.

Am I allowed to say this? Can somebody ask my butty Louth for his thoughts?

Glad you enjoyed it.

We should leave the past in the past.

Today is a great day to be a City fan, let’s makre the most of it as who knows what tomorrow might bring .

Personally I was so proud, sat in the ground yesterday knowing all 3 of my kids were sharing my joy and having pride in their club and where they come from.

Someone put a video up of an old game from 1991 and there couldn’t have been 3000 there.

A lot of us remember those times . There was 30000 there yesterday.
    How far have we come ?

And if we can miraculously stay up a few seasons maybe we can build something here even better ?