+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 READING: BLUEBIRDS ARE PROMOTED

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 READING: BLUEBIRDS ARE PROMOTED

City are just one win away from the Premier League

More...

C:WindowsTempphpD4DE.tmpThe simple outcome for Cardiff City to be promoted on Sunday is to beat Reading.

Then Cardiff will go up to the Premier League and there will be nothing Fulham can do about it.

City need to match Fulham's results so the Bluebirds could still go up with a draw or a defeat providing Fulham do no better.

There will be a sell out 32,000 or more crowd at CCS with around 2,000 Reading fans making the trip. They are not safe from relegation but it would take a specific set of results to see them go down.

Cardiff are without Aron Gunnarsson for what they hope will be a promotion party at home to Reading on Sunday, live on Sky Sports Football from 12pm (ko 12:30pm)

The Iceland midfielder has undergone knee surgery this week and misses out as Cardiff chase the win which will take them into the Premier League.

Marko Grujic or Craig Bryson are the favourites to replace Gunnarsson, who still hopes to make next month's World Cup in Russia. Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock also has to decide who gets the nod up up front between Kenneth Zohore and Gary Madine.

Reading welcome back defender Paul McShane (groin) and winger Callum Harriott (hamstring) as they seek the point which will almost certainly guarantee their Championship status. Defender Leandro Bacuna is also available after completing a three-match suspension.

Loan signing Tommy Elphick is contention for only his second Royals start after recovering from a knee problem. But fellow defender Tyler Blackett misses out again after his recent red card at Sheffield Wednesday.

Opta stats

Cardiff have won three of their last four home league meetings with Reading (L1) although they lost 1-0 last season.

The Royals are unbeaten in their last four league games against Cardiff (W2 D2).

Cardiff have won 13 of their 20 Championship games in 2018 - only Fulham have won more since the turn of the year (16).

By contrast, only Sunderland (two) have won fewer Championship games than Reading (three) in 2018.

Neil Warnock is set to face Reading in a home match for the first time since November 2010 with QPR, a 3-1 win - his last six games against them have all been at the Madejski Stadium.

Junior Hoilett has both scored more goals (nine) and provided more assists (11) this season than he has in any of his previous eight seasons in England.

Match Officials

ROBERT MADLEY
    Harry Lennard and Marc Perry
    Fourth Official: Oliver Langford

Re: CARDIFF CITY v READING: Match thread

Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Let's do this.
    Great team talk, simple and to the point

C'mon you Bloooooobirds

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

“....Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others I expect you to rock their world. Wipe them out if that is what they choose. But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.”

Excerpt from Lt Colonel Tim Collins 1st Battalion, Royal Irish Regiment eve-of-battle speech to his troops in Kuwait on Wednesday 19 March 2003.

Show me a gracious loser and I'll show you a failure

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Show me a gracious loser and I'll show you a failure
    Magnanimous not gracious

Team today then?

Which 2 out of Grujic Patterson and Bryson?

Manga or peltier at right back?

Zohore or madine in attack?

Get into them! Fck them up!

Etheridge
    Peltier
    Bennett
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Paterson
    Bryson
    Ralls
    Mendez-Laing
    Hoilett
    Zohore

That's the team for me. We have good options on the bench if we need a goal and Manga is great cover at the back.
    It's going to be physical today.

Blòoooooooooobirds! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Get into them! Fck them up!
    See my note above 💪

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    “....Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others I expect you to rock their world. Wipe them out if that is what they choose. But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.”

Excerpt from Lt Colonel Tim Collins 1st Battalion, Royal Irish Regiment eve-of-battle speech to his troops in Kuwait on Wednesday 19 March 2003.
    "...ducks fly together.."

Coach Gordon Bombay, The Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

There's always one

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Etheridge
    Peltier
    Bennett
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Paterson
    Bryson
    Ralls
    Mendez-Laing
    Hoilett
    Zohore

That's the team for me. We have good options on the bench if we need a goal and Manga is great cover at the back.
    It's going to be physical today.
    That's the team I think we'll start with.

Brum one up against Fulham....

That's two penalties we could have had. This ref doesn't want to give us a goal though.

Brum now two up against Fulham...

Weird results so far, Brum two up against Fulham, Sunderland two up against Wolves, Leeds winning and Bristol City three goals down at home. Come on City...

For all of the talk before the game it doesn't look like we are feeling the pressure. Good half and could have easily got one or two. Reading look really nervous. Surely it's just a matter of time.

Fulham have blown it good and proper.

Not being biased but 3 pens not awarded to us!!!.

Was it a penalty on hoilett? Certainly looked like from where I am sitting

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Was it a penalty on hoilett? Certainly looked like from where I am sitting
    No, it wasn't. Bad defending, but not a pen. The one on Morrison was more of a penalty.

Is it time for the six million dollar man to come on and send us up? Zohore has played alright but hasn't got his shooting boots on today.