+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To Put it Bluntly, it's down to 'bottle'..

To Put it Bluntly, it's down to 'bottle'..

Probably one of the biggest games in our manager's long career, and it's his job to do what he can to put the players in the right mentality.

We showed frailties at a strong Derby, and who can forget the two penalties - I think both scenarios highlight just how even the professionals get nerves.

Hull was a tremendous result, though they were in 'end of season mode', which Reading certainly won't be. Reading can beat us, as any team in this division can beat anyone else on their day.

The bookies all have City around 1/3, and Reading 9/1, 10/1. The draw 3/1, 4/1. If my life depended on it I'd put City at better-than-evens to win, say 4/5.

It's not about how well we play - like the majority of our games it's all about what goes on at either end of the pitch. Take the decent chance or chances, don't make any mistakes at the back.

Do that, as we have done for most of our games, especially home ones, and we are there.

I expect Fulham to beat Birmingham, so we are going to have win this. If the players stay strong, don't show any nervousness, put in decent, faultless performances throughout the side, that will be enough.

Hmm !

Re: To Put it Bluntly, it's down to 'bottle'..

One of Fulham or Cardiff will drop points.

I love a few clichés on the eve of a big game, it settles the nerves

Now where did I put that Valium!

Lets be honest many a supporter it’s all about the bottle tonight. Me I’m in tiny Rebel for a pre match drink!

I can't wait for tomorrow, just been told that one of my lot has a spare in the Nubian stand

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I can't wait for tomorrow, just been told that one of my lot has a spare in the Nubian stand
    I heard that the Nubian Stand is going to be desert..ed! Predictive Text eh!

The guy who invented predictive text has died today
    He's funfair is next Monkey

Some City players were in Starbucks today, and Bryson said they'd " had 2 days off".
    They seemed pretty calm....unlike me!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Some City players were in Starbucks today, and Bryson said they'd " had 2 days off".
    They seemed pretty calm....unlike me!
    Had they just got back from Amsterdam?