+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We may need some more tiers.......

We may need some more tiers.......

Should be full to capacity every week next season. I’m sure it will be. With wales games starting to sell out also it could happen..........

This is obviously tongue in cheek but tan has had a bit of ridicule on here for adding the extra tier over the years- and it’s very rare we get chance to post outrageously positive things like this!

Re: We may need some more tiers.......

Problem was though, fail to go up automatically, lose in playoffs, those very many loyal supporters wouldn't be seen again... until the next really big game.

Reality is, we're not a Newcastle with massive loyal support, we've an incredibly high level of plastics. Plummet back down to League 2 and the core support of 2500 would be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Problem was though, fail to go up automatically, lose in playoffs, those very many loyal supporters wouldn't be seen again... until the next really big game.

Reality is, we're not a Newcastle with massive loyal support, we've an incredibly high level of plastics. Plummet back down to League 2 and the core support of 2500 would be visible.
    It’s the Liverpool and United fans we need to get onboard. How they can refer to a team the other end of the country as “we” is beyond me. Especially when their only link to them is that Ian Rush / Ryan Giggs played for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    It’s the Liverpool and United fans we need to get onboard. How they can refer to a team the other end of the country as “we” is beyond me. Especially when their only link to them is that Ian Rush / Ryan Giggs played for them.
    The only link is that they are successful, nothing else.

Even if those magically suddenly started to follow us... as soon as they relegate they disappear.

I think it is wrong to suggest that anyone in there today supporting Cardiff City - Our team - to promotion to the Premiership - is a plastic. The support was absolutely fantastic today. Not every City supporter either can, for a variety of,reasons, watch every game. They don't deserve to be sneered at and called plastics by fellow city supporters on a day like this.

Agree with Nick.

Plastics are the local Liverpool and Man U fans.

The whole of your post is a load of rubbish. 2500 core support ? - you are having a laugh. That was in the 70s & 80s when we were playing at a decrepid old stadium for a start. Things are rather different now. Oh and by the way - we did go up in case you didn't notice and all are welcome to come and watch next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think it is wrong to suggest that anyone in there today supporting Cardiff City - Our team - to promotion to the Premiership - is a plastic. The support was absolutely fantastic today. Not every City supporter either can, for a variety of,reasons, watch every game. They don't deserve to be sneered at and called plastics by fellow city supporters on a day like this.
    Exactly. Well said. We are all in this together. That’s whats got us to where we are

We need to establish ourselves in the premier league first, build the team up stay up for a few seasons before even thinking about expanding the stadium again, if we can do that and say 2/3 years we are looking like a stoke to say that we can compete up there then we should

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The whole of your post is a load of rubbish. 2500 core support ? - you are having a laugh. That was in the 70s & 80s when we were playing at a decrepid old stadium for a start. Things are rather different now. Oh and by the way - we did go up in case you didn't notice and all are welcome to come and watch next year.
    Hmm, no it wasn't. You might want to recollect the attendances when we nearly went out of the League with the inspired signing of Dai f*cking Penney, who took full avail of relocation expenses to move his family to Sheffield.

Yup, I'm sure the shiny newish stadium would really help us in League 2. Relegate and the attendances plummet, something you conveniently want to ignore.

A club needs support when at lowest ebb. Ours, like virtually every other club, disappear and magically reappear when promotions occur.

The only link is that they are successful, nothing else.

Even if those magically suddenly started to follow us... as soon as they relegate they disappear.
    This.

Weak as ****.

I’d like to see those red seats changed to blue now we got a few bob coming to us.

Nothing has changed over the past 70 years regarding attendances with the Club, and it won’t change now. Always been up and down with the population of Cardiff and the valleys.

Enjoy the ride boys -we are in the prem in BLUE, with A proper BLUEBIRD badge,not a daft Beer Mat-This could be OUR time.
    BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDSSS Hopefully The MOTD big game will one week be the South Wales derby -providing the tramps stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Nothing has changed over the past 70 years regarding attendances with the Club, and it won’t change now. Always been up and down with the population of Cardiff and the valleys.
    Which was my point. We don't have an amazing fanbase despite what some would like to claim. Do well, higher attendances, relegate those loyal fans miraculously disappear.

Rather than glorifying the fanbase, it's better to recognise it for what it really is, to accept we have challenges a lot of other clubs don't because of it.

32k today? Ok, promotion not on cards, come back and tell me with a straight face we'd have had that crowd. Anybody doing so would be an outright liar.

Which was my point. We don't have an amazing fanbase despite what some would like to claim. Do well, higher attendances, relegate those loyal fans miraculously disappear.

Rather than glorifying the fanbase, it's better to recognise it for what it really is, to accept we have challenges a lot of other clubs don't because of it.

32k today? Ok, promotion not on cards, come back and tell me with a straight face we'd have had that crowd. Anybody doing so would be an outright liar.
    Even when doing well attendances have varied. Seems to be endemic in the area in which the Club is.

I for one, fully appreciate those referred to in this thread as "plastics" turning up to watch us today they added thousands in revenue for the club and added to what was a great atmosphere in the ground today.

I for one, fully appreciate those referred to in this thread as "plastics" turning up to watch us today they added thousands in revenue for the club and added to what was a great atmosphere in the ground today.
    Indeed. My view is it would be fantastic if they turned up, if not every game then at least most.

We both know that's not the case and never will be.

It does apply to all clubs but I do think South Wales is particularly good/bad at a bandwagon. I think we could have sold upwards of 50k today genuinely. It was sold out a week in advance after all.

Yes it goes without saying the support won’t last if we struggle. But if the CCS held 50k it would sell out a few times at least next year and we could sell upwards of 30k season tickets.

The tears will come the season after next

Indeed. My view is it would be fantastic if they turned up, if not every game then at least most.

We both know that's not the case and never will be.
    I'll give you an example mate. My son is a fervent Cardiff City Supporter and he goes to every game he can possibly attend in Cardiff. He is also a footballer himself, he plays in the Welsh League. He plays football every single Saturday during the season. He's only got a couple of years left before his football career will come to an end, so he doesn't like missing any matches.

He is not a plastic, which is what you consider him to be.

I'll give you an example mate. My son is a fervent Cardiff City Supporter and he goes to every game he can possibly attend in Cardiff. He is also a footballer himself, he plays in the Welsh League. He plays football every single Saturday during the season. He's only got a couple of years left before his football career will come to an end, so he doesn't like missing any matches.

He is not a plastic, which is what you consider him to be.
    So one edge case you identifies thus invalidates the point? Makes sense, I guess.

Try claiming 32k would have attended today if promotion wasn't on the cards. There were many present who were there SPECIFICALLY because of the importance of the game. Lost toay, not gone up, lose in playoffs... you know as well as everyone else the crowd would be halved.

Rather than defending / castigating it, just try accepting it.

Hmm, no it wasn't. You might want to recollect the attendances when we nearly went out of the League with the inspired signing of Dai f*cking Penney, who took full avail of relocation expenses to move his family to Sheffield.

Yup, I'm sure the shiny newish stadium would really help us in League 2. Relegate and the attendances plummet, something you conveniently want to ignore.

A club needs support when at lowest ebb. Ours, like virtually every other club, disappear and magically reappear when promotions occur.
    Why do you post stuff like this on the day we got promotion automatically ?. Are you trying to spoil the party ?. The atmosphere was excellent today and if its anything like that next season, we wont go far wrong and most people will be very happy with it - obviously not you though.

So one edge case you identifies thus invalidates the point? Makes sense, I guess.

Try claiming 32k would have attended today if promotion wasn't on the cards. There were many present who were there SPECIFICALLY because of the importance of the game. Lost toay, not gone up, lose in playoffs... you know as well as everyone else the crowd would be halved.

Rather than defending / castigating it, just try accepting it.
    I will not accept you slagging off fellow City Supporters. No.

It is not a rule that everyone has to be there every game. That doesn't mean that they don't support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why do you post stuff like this on the day we got promotion automatically ?. Are you trying to spoil the party ?. The atmosphere was excellent today and if its anything like that next season, we wont go far wrong and most people will be very happy with it - obviously not you though.
    Yeah, you got me skippy. Debbie downer.

The atmosphere was indeed excellent, will be needed next season.

It would also be needed the season after next should we relegate.

You seem to have your head in the sand and want to ignore the undeniable truth; we've an incredibly fickle fanbase who turn up for the big games and not necessarily when the club need that support the most. That's the truth of it regardless of how much you want to ignore it.

That's one of the biggest hurdles the club need to deal with - with little room to do so. Tickets are already cheaper than far many other clubs, for example.

For many of those creating the great atmosphere today, we relegate and they go back to supporting Liverpool and Man Utd.