+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We may need some more tiers.......

Re: We may need some more tiers.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Jesus.

The capacity then was 28,000. How the hell did you expect 30,000 crowds with a 28,000 capacity.

Joke.
    Of course the f*cking capacity was 28k - where did I say it was anything else? The point about no crowd being over 30k then was to show that we'd need to *increase* the numbers coming through the gates over and above that.

Unless you've some conclusive evidence pulled out of your arse that there were large numbers unable to attend those games due to no tickets being available, then it's likely we may well not average over 30k as claimed.

I can see why many don't seem to like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Fair play that is one hell of a mare!!
    He’s obviously just a very poor WUM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Of course the f*cking capacity was 28k - where did I say it was anything else? The point about no crowd being over 30k then was to show that we'd need to *increase* the numbers coming through the gates over and above that.

Unless you've some conclusive evidence pulled out of your arse that there were large numbers unable to attend those games due to no tickets being available, then it's likely we may well not average over 30k as claimed.

I can see why many don't seem to like you.
    It’s the bit where you said - no crowd over 30,000 then. That was the giveaway.

It’s the bit where you said - no crowd over 30,000 then. That was the giveaway.
    Ah, so an admittedly poorly worded statement of fact magically turns into an assertion about the capacity. Yup, that makes sense I guess.

Ah, so an admittedly poorly worded statement of fact magically turns into an assertion about the capacity. Yup, that makes sense I guess.
    Indeed, I too was disappointed we didn’t get 70,000 there some weeks

Indeed, I too was disappointed we didn’t get 70,000 there some weeks
    Have a nice night, Nick.

Have a nice night, Nick.
    I am, son. Unlike you.

I am, son. Unlike you.
    Time will tell, "dad".

Time will tell, "dad".
    Time will tell what?

If I’m having a good evening?.

I am, I’m not filled with hatred and bile on what has been a great day.

What do you have in mind?

Time will tell, "dad".
    Don't engage-you made a point about how our fan base fluctuates massively for certain games, all the evidence suggests you are correct. Leave it there mate, Someone has been on the sauce, and it aint HP.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure there's a great deal City can do really - they won the vast majority of their home matches this season and yet until the closing weeks of the campaign, it didn't seem to have any effect on our crowds. Historically, the key to getting really big attendances at Cardiff has been to play top teams as often as possible, but, if the club's support stays true to tradition, there'll be a full house with thousands more trying to get tickets when we play Man United next season and then about twenty four thousand there when we play, say, Brighton the following weekend.
    Just build a solid fan base slowly like we have in the last 15 years. No need for a bigger ground until we make the next jump in core support. Reckon it would take a good 5 to 10 years of being at the top table, which is unlikely. So let’s just enjoy it

Newport County are averaging well over 3000 in League 2 this season playing on a cabbage patch in a rickety old rugby stadium.

If you honestly believe we would go back to averaging less than that after moving into a modern purpose built football stadium, contesting two major cup finals, making countless promotion bids and spending a season in arguably the biggest league in the world then you can hardly expect anyone to take you even remotely seriously when it comes to the subject of crowds. Its one thing to say our crowds will go down if we go plummeting down the leagues, its quite another to suggest that we will end up smaller than that tin pot club (no disrespect to them or nothing).

And anyone expecting us to get massive crowds at this level on a regular basis at the moment is just plainly not being realistic, especially after selling only 12k season tickets last summer. Only a handful of clubs are doing that at this level and they've all spent donkeys years at the highest level. We, by contrast, have spent just ONE season in the top flight in the last 50 YEARS, and a good proportion of that time has been spent fumbling along in the bottom two divisions. Our crowds are fickle for a very good reason - we are not a big club! We've never had the chance to become one. Might never now given how difficult it is to establish yourself in the Premier League is these days. If you are not one of the big guns, then you are in a relegation battle it seems.

However, spend a few years at that level and yes our fanbase would probably get bigger. How much? I dont know!? Its irrelevant anyway as its way to premature to start talking about making our ground bigger! You don't do that until you are selling out your ground consistently, year after year and ideally have a very long waiting list for season ticket holders. You look at the Uniteds and Liverpools of this world, they 'sell out' every game. Why? Because they have this, so existing season ticket holders are constantly under pressure to keep renewing - even during fallow periods - otherwise they go to the back of the queue and they will no longer get guaranteed entry for the big games. Bless.

If we are still filling our ground every other week in 2 or 3 years time, maybe then we can start pushing the boat out a little bit in terms of increasing our ground capacity. For now though, our ground is just about perfect for a club in our position.

Lets just try to keep things into perspective shall we? I know we are all getting a little bit carried away at the minute and justifiably so we've got to be careful we don't disappear up our own backsides and make ourselves look like complete hypocrites.

Phew - can't see Nick having a go at you for a vaguely similar view.

The problem is what the club can do to address that. Cutting ticket prices to the bare minimum I don't see as being viable. I just don't see any solution.
    That’s because the only solution is success on the pitch. Name 6 UK fan bases that aren’t fickle. After Newcastle and maybe Liverpool/Man City you start to struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Newport County are averaging well over 3000 in League 2 this season playing on a cabbage patch in a rickety old rugby stadium.

If you honestly believe we would go back to averaging less than that after moving into a modern purpose built football stadium, contesting two major cup finals, making countless promotion bids and spending a season in arguably the biggest league in the world then you can hardly expect anyone to take you even remotely seriously when it comes to the subject of crowds. Its one thing to say our crowds will go down if we go plummeting down the leagues, its quite another to suggest that we will end up smaller than that tin pot club (no disrespect to them or nothing).

And anyone expecting us to get massive crowds at this level on a regular basis at the moment is just plainly not being realistic, especially after selling only 12k season tickets last summer. Only a handful of clubs are doing that at this level and they've all spent donkeys years at the highest level. We, by contrast, have spent just ONE season in the top flight in the last 50 YEARS, and a good proportion of that time has been spent fumbling along in the bottom two divisions. Our crowds are fickle for a very good reason - we are not a big club! We've never had the chance to become one. Might never now given how difficult it is to establish yourself in the Premier League is these days. If you are not one of the big guns, then you are in a relegation battle it seems.

However, spend a few years at that level and yes our fanbase would probably get bigger. How much? I dont know!? Its irrelevant anyway as its way to premature to start talking about making our ground bigger! You don't do that until you are selling out your ground consistently, year after year and ideally have a very long waiting list for season ticket holders. You look at the Uniteds and Liverpools of this world, they 'sell out' every game. Why? Because they have this, so existing season ticket holders are constantly under pressure to keep renewing - even during fallow periods - otherwise they go to the back of the queue and they will no longer get guaranteed entry for the big games. Bless.

If we are still filling our ground every other week in 2 or 3 years time, maybe then we can start pushing the boat out a little bit in terms of increasing our ground capacity. For now though, our ground is just about perfect for a club in our position.

Lets just try to keep things into perspective shall we? I know we are all getting a little bit carried away at the minute and justifiably so we've got to be careful we don't disappear up our own backsides and make ourselves look like complete hypocrites.
    Sorry - I posted before I got to this. I think you nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The tears will come the season after next
    Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sorry - I posted before I got to this. I think you nailed it!
    Our crowds are what they are. They are neither good or bad. Just.....are.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Should be full to capacity every week next season. I’m sure it will be. With wales games starting to sell out also it could happen..........

This is obviously tongue in cheek but tan has had a bit of ridicule on here for adding the extra tier over the years- and it’s very rare we get chance to post outrageously positive things like this!

You really are a lost cause slagging fellow City supporters off on the day we gained promotion to the premier league.

I'll leave there.

Despicable.
    More despicable than spitting???

......or was that disgraceful.

If that massive chunk on the bob bank took the capacity up by 6k then I can’t see how any further expansion behind the gosls would put the capacity much higher than 38/39k anyway.

It’d be a modest upgrade.

You really are a lost cause slagging fellow City supporters off on the day we gained promotion to the premier league.

I'll leave there.

Despicable.
    He said. Slagging off a City supporter.

One thing missing at the club that I can think of, that most of those BIG clubs enjoy, is a batch of home grown youth prospects taking up significant roles in the squad. I reckon the fans could be more excited about the squad if we had some more of our own pulling up trees and playing their way into the Wales squad. Being in the top flight won't neccesarily help us attract better teenagers to the youth setup but we've got to be doing a better job at scouting the juniors for talent.