+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 17 teams for premier league next season confirmed- who do you want to join us?

17 teams for premier league next season confirmed- who do you want to join us?

The top 15 plus Cardiff and Wolves.

Possibilities for the last 3 places-
    2 of-
    Southampton
    Huddersfield
    Swansea
    West Brom

1 of
    Fulham
    Villa
    Middlesborough
    Derby

Any preferences either way?

Predictions?

Re: 17 teams for premier league next season confirmed- who do you want to join us?

My predictions are it will be Swansea and Southampton and middlesborough.

Re: 17 teams for premier league next season confirmed- who do you want to join us?

Huddersfield, Southampton and Villa

Would like Huddersfield, Southampton and Boro. Think it will be Swansea, Southampton and Fulham

Huddersfield, Southampton, Derby

I don't want Derby to join us because they cheated to get to the playoffs.
    I don't want Villa to go up because I'm enjoying watching premier league royalty not being good enough to get back there.
    I don't much care from Boro and Fulham, but suspect it will be Boro and that's fine.

I don't want Swansea to stay up because Swansea.
    I want the Baggies to stay up because it's so unlikely.
    I want Huddersfield to survive because we might beat them.

So see you next season Boro, Baggies and Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I don't want Villa to go up because I'm enjoying watching premier league royalty not being good enough to get back there.
    I don't much care from Boro and Fulham, but suspect it will be Boro and that's fine.

Chances of West brom staying up are less than tiny.

Swansea and saints must draw and then must both lose on last day- and a 5 goal turnaround is needed on the last day for them to overtake Southampton. Never know though.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Chances of West brom staying up are less than tiny.

Swansea and saints must draw and then must both lose on last day- and a 5 goal turnaround is needed on the last day for them to overtake Southampton. Never know though.
    Yes, that's why I want them to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Sound logic. I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The top 15 plus Cardiff and Wolves.

Possibilities for the last 3 places-
    2 of-
    Southampton
    Huddersfield
    Swansea
    West Brom

1 of
    Fulham
    Villa
    Middlesborough
    Derby

Any preferences either way?

Predictions?
    Southampton and Fulham.

Good (easy!) away days.

Villa, Swansea, Southampton

I think it will be Huddersfield, Jacks & Boro

Looking forward to the play offs and watching the snowflakes fail along with media darlings Fulham whose arrogance finally caught up with them today.

Its Swansea down and Boro up for me.

Tell you what, when you avoid relegation by scoring in the ninety second minute and then a couple of hours later you're down until one of your rivals concedes a ninety sixth minute equaliser, you must start thinking that it's fated that you stay up - it's seemed impossible that West Brom were going to avoid the drop for weeks, but I'm beginning to wonder about that now.

Realistically though, the baggies are going to be playing Championship football next season, but I can see the jacks getting four points from their last two matches and I think that wiil save them. I'd have backed Southampton to stay up if it weren't for that late, late Everton eqauliser, but I reckon three teams that play in stripes will go down (which gives me Huddersfield to fall back on as well!).

As for the Play Offs, I want Fulham to go up and, if all four sides play to their best, they will do, but that's unllkely to happen. With us, we are better than the sum of our parts, but I've always thought that the opposite was true about Villa and Derby don't deserve to be there full stop, so maybe Boro to win make it if it's not Fulham.