+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tan

Re: Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Great to see the reception he had at the end of the game ..

Forget what happened in the past, its the here and now .

There is a "tiny" minority who will drone on and on. These people are history, Tan has proved his worth. They must feel sick. :)
    I feel ****ing great. Tan is a twat. And has proved nothing other than he will show up to soak in undeserved glory from sycophants like you.

Loved Tan since the day he came in, introduced by Dato Chan.

Got the red shirts thing wrong, fair enough. As I posted on here at the time I always thought it would be transient, so couldn't get too worked up about it.

So time has told.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Loved Tan since the day he came in, introduced by Dato Chan.

Got the red shirts thing wrong, fair enough. As I posted on here at the time I always thought it would be transient, so couldn't get too worked up about it.

So time has told.
    It wasn’t just the shirt thing though was it. Go look at the articles from round that time. Asking fans for apologies, threatening us.... he had a couple of months to a year where he showed utter contempt and total disrespect to the fans.

I don’t care how much money you’ve got, you can’t just show up in a new city and just ride roughshod over everyone and expect everything to be hunky dory .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It wasn’t just the shirt thing though was it. Go look at the articles from round that time. Asking fans for apologies, threatening us.... he had a couple of months to a year where he showed utter contempt and total disrespect to the fans.

I don’t care how much money you’ve got, you can’t just show up in a new city and just ride roughshod over everyone and expect everything to be hunky dory .
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It's a thread entitled "Tan".

Perhaps we can get it changed to "Tan - only positive posts please".
    I'm feeling pretty positive thanks very much

I've had a great day - few beers with my friends, brother and sons

Watched my team win promotion which was fantastic

I watched a team with identity and pride

and now I'm laughing at you because you have a 'special' identity as an anonymous troll on the internet showing such immaturity its extremely laughable

All the best - keep posting you're great

I suggest you start a thread with I'm a martyr to my cause

Yes you can. And he did. And got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Great to see the reception he had at the end of the game ..

Northern Ireland.

Forget what happened in the past, its the here and now .

There is a "tiny" minority who will drone on and on. These people are history, The Crown has proved its worth. They must feel sick. :)
    What do you think?

Also, when you put the word tiny in inverted commas, it implies the value of the word tiny is different from its traditional meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/st...23357301653505

He was carried by his security team not Cardiff fans

His apology is pretty clear

I despised the rebrand but I don't get why people want to dig it up today
    Dragged up by bitter and twisted people who are now jealous of the success created after mistakes running the Club and those supporters enjoying it. They really weren’t true supporters.

Were you there on that cold February night against bha when 95% of the 20k there wrapped themselves up in his freebie red scarves? hardly riding roughshod was he? The majority at that time were compliant.

See all the usual suspects have turned up on this thread to have a go at Tan again. You really are a sad bunch of t**ts arent you. Your continual moaning about him on this board has been shown up today for what it is - a load of twaddle. This club doesnt need people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    See all the usual suspects have turned up on this thread to have a go at Tan again. You really are a sad bunch of t**ts arent you. Your continual moaning about him on this board has been shown up today for what it is - a load of twaddle. This club doesnt need people like you.
    Who the **** are you to decide what the club needs?

He made a mistake and rectified it

Grown men still bitter over a shirt colour. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Were you there on that cold February night against bha when 95% of the 20k there wrapped themselves up in his freebie red scarves? hardly riding roughshod was he? The majority at that time were compliant.
    Compliant...cold....marketing strategy .... whatever.

Hey, I’m not telling you how to think. I just think that Vincent Tan is not the type of person I would consider worthy of respect.

I think that he is invested in this club for personal gain......whether it be financial or an ego boost.

My criteria for what makes someone a decent person is not the same as some of the people on this board.

BTW , I was there on that cold night against Carlisle in 89. No free scarves. If only Tony Clemo had thought of giving away cheapo polyester scarves. He’d have been remembered a lot differently.

Compliant...cold....marketing strategy .... whatever.

Hey, I’m not telling you how to think. I just think that Vincent Tan is not the type of person I would consider worthy of respect.

I think that he is invested in this club for personal gain......whether it be financial or an ego boost.

My criteria for what makes someone a decent person is not the same as some of the people on this board.

BTW , I was there on that cold night against Carlisle in 89. No free scarves. If only Tony Clemo had thought of giving away cheapo polyester scarves. He’d have been remembered a lot differently.
    Oh no! A spine and a brain. Watch out.

He won me over when he changed us back, showing he wasn't the **** I believed him to be.

Anyone who can change their mind in that situation deserves credit to balance out the mistake.

As far as I am concerned though, this is our first time in the Premier League.

The club is united despite Tan. Happy in spite of his antics.

He can ride on people’s shoulders when the sun is shining but he is totally untrustworthy.

If he admitted to his errors and apologised that’d go some way to making up for it. Until that time my judgement will be indefinitely reserved.
    Bellend

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    If anyone made an error it was all the nodding dogs who agreed the rebrand then changed their mind once they koped on they'd have the piss ripped everywhere they went.
    I loved the rebrand, and took the money or else we wouldn't even have a club today. I loved my decision then, and I love it even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What did you expect them to do after a provocative OP clearly designed to bring about responses like that?

After originally being neutral about the rebrand, I became very anti Tan and still find it hard to completely forgive and forget, but I'm getting there and the fact is that over the past eighteen months or so, he has been exactly the sort of owner of the club that many supporters had been crying out for.

Vincent Tan has appointed the "football man" supporters, including me, used to say we were desperate for and, better than that, has given him the freedom to get on with his job and manage. As a result, the relegation fight of the first few weeks of 16/17 (a fight we were appearing destined to lose when he took over) became a very minor skirmish once the football man got going and now we have an automatic promotion a season later which I think will have amazed even Neil Warnock himself.

Vincent Tan deserves credit in my book for, firstly, overseeing a promotion which has been achieved not by throwing money around willy nilly like so many others do in this league and, secondly for backing Neil Warnock when he did come to him to ask for a fairly substantial sum to be spent on a striker in January - it would be wrong to say we won promotion on a shoestring, but we were prudent when compared to many others.

Vincent Tan was an owner fans dream of for the first two years of his association with us and things only started going wrong around the time of our League Cup Final appearance when he talked of becoming more hands on in his running of the club. It appears that he now acknowledges he made mistakes during that time and, as someone who would still be quick to criticise if I thought he was returning to being the sort of owner he was between, say, 2012 and 2016, I must say that, certainly during the time Neil Warnock has been here, he has reverted to being the type of owner we were crying out for in the years when we played in red - that is, someone who stays in the background, who makes sure we are not spending too much, but is still willing to back his manager financially when he is persuaded that it is necessary. I give Vincent Tan credit for that and thank him for his part in a promotion that feels so much more right than the 12/13 one was from a supporters point of view - that doesn't mean I've forgotten the rebrand, but I do say credit where credit is due.

Sometimes it is better the devil you know ! He ain’t perfect, took poor advice (or ignored) regarding rebrand but he does appear to be learning from his mistakes and maybe that is the best we can wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What did you expect them to do after a provocative OP clearly designed to bring about responses like that?

After originally being neutral about the rebrand, I became very anti Tan and still find it hard to completely forgive and forget, but I'm getting there and the fact is that over the past eighteen months or so, he has been exactly the sort of owner of the club that many supporters had been crying out for.

Vincent Tan has appointed the "football man" supporters, including me, used to say we were desperate for and, better than that, has given him the freedom to get on with his job and manage. As a result, the relegation fight of the first few weeks of 16/17 (a fight we were appearing destined to lose when he took over) became a very minor skirmish once the football man got going and now we have an automatic promotion a season later which I think will have amazed even Neil Warnock himself.

Vincent Tan deserves credit in my book for, firstly, overseeing a promotion which has been achieved not by throwing money around willy nilly like so many others do in this league and, secondly for backing Neil Warnock when he did come to him to ask for a fairly substantial sum to be spent on a striker in January - it would be wrong to say we won promotion on a shoestring, but we were prudent when compared to many others.

Vincent Tan was an owner fans dream of for the first two years of his association with us and things only started going wrong around the time of our League Cup Final appearance when he talked of becoming more hands on in his running of the club. It appears that he now acknowledges he made mistakes during that time and, as someone who would still be quick to criticise if I thought he was returning to being the sort of owner he was between, say, 2012 and 2016, I must say that, certainly during the time Neil Warnock has been here, he has reverted to being the type of owner we were crying out for in the years when we played in red - that is, someone who stays in the background, who makes sure we are not spending too much, but is still willing to back his manager financially when he is persuaded that it is necessary. I give Vincent Tan credit for that and thank him for his part in a promotion that feels so much more right than the 12/13 one was from a supporters point of view - that doesn't mean I've forgotten the rebrand, but I do say credit where credit is due.

Fantastic post TOBW

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    History being rewritten before our very eyes.

The club weren't facing extinction - Alan Whitely confirmed as much during May 2012.
    We were facing administration without Tan's support.

Absolutely.

Still are really.

Back and forth to court with massive debts to people who couldn't give a shit if we disappeared.

**** me, you really are stupid.

It's no wonder you are so bitter if you really think we would have been OK if Tan left us.

Well. I can’t say I suddenly love the guy BUT it does go some way to making him appear a little less arrogant and a bit more humble.

The guy is blatantly a bit of a weirdo though and I’d say has delusions of grandeur.(see post match celebrations). I would not put it past him to turn into a vindictive maniac again but at least we know what we are dealing with and at least he appears to be willing to make some concessions.

I honestly don’t see why the moneymen have to play such a visible role at any club though. Their game is the money, not the on field stuff, and as such, maybe he should just keep a low profile and take satisfaction from a far.
    I think he's shown a lot more humility than most of the people who continue to slag him off to be fair.

And as such comes across as the better man.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This.
    Double 'This'