+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading

Reading

Whilst the result suited both parties in the end, should have Fulham done what they could have and won, then the cheating, time wasting and unsportsmanship could have cost us promotion.

In essence we’re lucky Fulham ****ed up as we wouldn’t have scored in a month of Sunday’s. Literally.

Re: Reading

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst the result suited both parties in the end, should have Fulham done what they could have and won, then the cheating, time wasting and unsportsmanship could have cost us promotion.

In essence we’re lucky Fulham ****ed up as we wouldn’t have scored in a month of Sunday’s. Literally.
    Bollocks, we'd have stuck a couple on them if we'd wanted

Fulham were completely outplayed. No luck involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Fulham were completely outplayed. No luck involved.
    I don’t disagree with you but doesn’t mean toss - you can still play poorly and win.

surprised by the timewasting right from the first whistle

Gunts looks a master at it, fair play

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don’t disagree with you but doesn’t mean toss - you can still play poorly and win.
    But they didn’t. We did better than them today when the pressure was on so doesn’t seem particularly crucial to speculate in the overall scheme of things.

We were in dreadful form coming into this game and could still have gone down. We were ultra defensive and set up purely to get a point. Not great but I suppose it was job done. We are very lucky to be staying up. Glad the season is over.

Second half Warnock had obviously told his players to have a breather. Morrison had stopped taking long throw-ins into the box being one small example.

Had Fulham been winning, we definitely wouldn't have been that lax. In the first half it was a miracle that Reading were level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Second half Warnock had obviously told his players to have a breather. Morrison had stopped taking long throw-ins into the box being one small example.

Had Fulham been winning, we definitely wouldn't have been that lax. In the first half it was a miracle that Reading were level.

That's how I saw it too. There was a drop in our energy levels and intensity after half time but I'm sure that's because we knew Fulham were losing.
    However, it was frustrating to watch, we were poor in front of goal and Reading were terrible. They were wasting time almost from the first minute and got away with that and a fair few fouls. Thought the ref was weak considering he's meant to be PL.

Jeeezus, we were shit today. Thank gawd for Brum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Jeeezus, we were shit today. Thank gawd for Brum.
    And the other 89 points we gathered before today.

Warnock must have told them that a point would mean Fulham needed 3 goals. I'm sure he was doing what we've done all season, game management. If Fulham did start to mount a comeback to get 3 points, Neil would have released the fullbacks to go forward to try and get a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bollocks, we'd have stuck a couple on them if we'd wanted
    I agree, although those two goals before half time seemed like bad news for Reading at the time, paradoxically, they turned out to be very good for them. I'm confident we could have won that game if we had to- after all, we've made a habit of beating teams from the lower half of the table at Cardiff City Stadium all season long

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

The foot was definitely off the pedal after half time