+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Surely you now want Swansea to stay up?

Surely you now want Swansea to stay up?

Not only for the derbies, but also for the fact that Cardiff will almost certainly finish above them next season.

Re: Surely you now want Swansea to stay up?

Nope, not for me

Relegated and in free fall out of the leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Not only for the derbies, but also for the fact that Cardiff will almost certainly finish above them next season.
    I've been enjoying the crack on here tonight. Didn't have the chance after the game, so making up for things now my boy is in bed. If you're going to keep trying to sour things, I might leave you to your bitterness and go to bed.

Without trying to sound obsessive, there are positives to both sides. They stay up, we get two derbies and added excitement next season. They go down, we leapfrog them and end their delusions that they're somehow a bigger club than us. The latter may be of slight preference to me.

I think if you finish 20th you'll be above us. I can't see us staying up, it'll all be over by ten to ten on Tuesday. No mystery as to why we're going down, billionaire owners making £30 million profit in the summer.

As I've said for the last seven years, target is to finish out of the bottom three. Enjoy the PL, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I think if you finish 20th you'll be above us. I can't see us staying up, it'll all be over by ten to ten on Tuesday. No mystery as to why we're going down, billionaire owners making £30 million profit in the summer.

As I've said for the last seven years, target is to finish out of the bottom three. Enjoy the PL, and good luck.
    Big 2 games for you, I think if you win one you might be alright. Huddersfield looked in big trouble before today, but still have 2 very tough games left. Exciting end to the season down there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Big 2 games for you, I think if you win one you might be alright. Huddersfield looked in big trouble before today, but still have 2 very tough games left. Exciting end to the season down there too.
    Thanks for the encouragement, but we need two wins and you can't win if you can't score. I am a very glass half full person, but its not my club any more. I don't care where the freefall ends as long as the Americans sod off.

Derby or no derby, enjoy next season and beat some of the "big boys".

Nah.

Down with *****.

Honestly couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    Arsenal at home against a team who have lost all of their away games in 2018 might not be as tough

Yes!!!

BECAUSE THERE IS A POTENTIAL 6 POINTS THERE, we will need every point we can get.

And Derbies are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Arsenal at home against a team who have lost all of their away games in 2018 might not be as tough
    True, but they were class today and Wenger's last ever game there. Although I certainly wouldn't bet against a Huddersfield side fighting for their lives, who proved themselves today at the Etihad. Will be an interesting watch.

Let them go. It's difficult for me to have any sympathy. I work with hundreds of the bastards and they had enough to say to me through the rebrand and all that.

They quickly forgot the rough time they've had up until fairly recently, so I'd like to see them go through it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement, but we need two wins and you can't win if you can't score. I am a very glass half full person, but its not my club any more. I don't care where the freefall ends as long as the Americans sod off.

Derby or no derby, enjoy next season and beat some of the "big boys".
    2 wins?

2 draws will be fine. You don’t need to score any at all. 2 0-0s and you will be safe.

International

They shouldn't even be in the leagues.
    Threy should have been thrown out the last time the didn't pay their creditors.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They shouldn't even be in the leagues.
    Threy should have been thrown out the last time the didn't pay their creditors.
    Twice

I think Southampton will be better next season if they stay up, so if it's a choice between the two I'd probably prefer Swansea

Sorry, but I don't want the hassle of being "bubbled" 40 miles.

It's supposed to be an enjoyable day out.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sorry, but I don't want the hassle of being "bubbled" 40 miles.

It's supposed to be an enjoyable day out.
    Good point
    Supporters living west of Jack central or indeed anywhere else had to travel Cardiff to be allowed to travel to JC
    Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Yes!!!

BECAUSE THERE IS A POTENTIAL 6 POINTS THERE, we will need every point we can get.

And Derbies are awesome!
    That 3-0 thumping last time wasn't awesome I prefer them in league 2 if I can't have the confrence

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    2 wins?

2 draws will be fine. You don’t need to score any at all. 2 0-0s and you will be safe.
    Here's the Premier League table: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

Your post only makes sense from the perspective it's a certainty Southampton will lose their final game.

prob. from an older generation that sees Bristol city as true rivals - nasty place, people dislike us, and quite happily see them out of the league.

Swansea ? rivals, but they're Welsh, and whenever I'm there on business have a great 'crack' with their fans, so hope they stay up...