+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Re: Tan's apology

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Fair enough. Personally, I've enjoyed the days out at the City matches I've been to during the last couple of years, even if the football itself has been dire at times. The feelings are totally different though, and that's by no means a bad thing.
    I am happy you have been able to enjoy attending matches, So would I be right to make the assumption that the problem here is that you are unable to forgive Tan for the way he behaved during the rebrand?

You know me well enough to make such judgements, huh? OK, well here's a line for you to ponder:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.
    You are not seriously comparing the 2 are you?

Better to have written nothing at all than to write that - You fall into the stupid box of those that can neither forgive and forget

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You are not seriously comparing the 2 are you?

Better to have written nothing at all than to write that - You fall into the stupid box of those that can neither forgive and forget
    A lot of the time I read TLG's posts and can't help but respect his personal stance, but conflating the words, ideals and sentiments of MLK with his attitude towards CCFC and it's owner is just ridiculous on every single level.

I wasn't talking about me, you thick ****.
    Of course you weren't.

Every time something positive happens within the club, you pop up banging the same drum.

How long has it been now ....5 years? As mentioned before, you're like a guy who constantly mentions his ex. While claiming he's over her.

Soft ****.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I am happy you have been able to enjoy attending matches, So would I be right to make the assumption that the problem here is that you are unable to forgive Tan for the way he behaved during the rebrand?
    In a nutshell, based on his motivations for the re-brand and his behaviour during that lengthy episode, his public proclamations and also what I know of him from people who have dealt with him directly, there is absolutely nothing I like about Vincent Tan. As regards forgiving him, there is no need for me to do that. It's his club and he can do whatever he likes with it, as he was keen to tell us in 2012/13/14. He stated that he was content to lose supporters like me and he did. It was big deal to me back then but it's no big deal now.

You are not seriously comparing the 2 are you? Better to have written nothing at all than to write that - You fall into the stupid box of those that can neither forgive and forget
    OK, so you didn't understand what I meant but you chose to call me stupid. Fair enough. You can join Louth in the naughty corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    You will always be welcome back down here should you ever change your mind TLG, and that goes for anyone else out there who felt betrayed by the actions of our owner 6 years ago. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive and forget one day and resume your love affair with the club. Only then would it have come full circle.
    Oh please. The reconciliation within the club, is not marked by TLG's or Jirga's wholehearted return to the club. Anybody who was there yesterday will know that. It was so much better than 5 years ago. Rarely have I felt such passionate and united support. Those who missed it probably dont care anymore, or so they tell us. But the can't wait to post on here.... for people with no interest in Cardiff City I find that very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    A lot of the time I read TLG's posts and can't help but respect his personal stance, but conflating the words, ideals and sentiments of MLK with his attitude towards CCFC and it's owner is just ridiculous on every single level.
    Football is just ridiculous on every single level when you stop and think about it.

By the way, I was conflating the MLK quote with Tan himself rather than my attitude towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Oh please. The reconciliation within the club, is not marked by TLG's or Jirga's wholehearted return to the club. Anybody who was there yesterday will know that. It was so much better than 5 years ago. Rarely have I felt such passionate and united support. Those who missed it probably dont care anymore, or so they tell us. But the can't wait to post on here.... for people with no interest in Cardiff City I find that very strange.
    Not sure if you noticed, but this thread was designed specifically in order to attract the views of people like me, although I don't fall into the category of people with no interest in Cardiff City. I too would find it strange if anybody with no interest in Cardiff City logged onto a Cardiff City message board, but I doubt that's ever happened unless somebody arrived here by accident.

Football is just ridiculous on every single level when you stop and think about it.

By the way, I was conflating the MLK quote with Tan himself rather than my attitude towards him.

Well, at least we can agree on that.. I rather enjoy the ridiculousness of it.. it's great.

Oh well that’s alright then... as long as you are conflating Tan to MLK

That’s so much more acceptable

You’re still in the stupid box that exists for those that can neither forgive or forget though 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Every time something positive happens within the club, you pop up banging the same drum.
    The irony here is that I usually get accused of only posting on this board when something negative happens at the club.

I hope you're reading this Auntie Andy and Insider.

In a nutshell, based on his motivations for the re-brand and his behaviour during that lengthy episode, his public proclamations and also what I know of him from people who have dealt with him directly, there is absolutely nothing I like about Vincent Tan. As regards forgiving him, there is no need for me to do that. It's his club and he can do whatever he likes with it, as he was keen to tell us in 2012/13/14. He stated that he was content to lose supporters like me and he did. It was big deal to me back then but it's no big deal now.
    That is fair, I have read lots on here about you and others, nice to read your perspective from the horses mouth, in terms of liking the guy I do not personally like him either, although to be fair I have never had strong personal feeling towards any CEO or chairman of Cardiff or any other organisations.

How they operate is important to me,and I am happy with how things are run at the moment. What is your motivation it continue debating the issue, do you wish to get others to see him how you see him? Is it purely defending yourself and your views? or do you just simply enjoy the process of debating on here?

I ask these out of genuine curiosity, as I find these debates a little toxic and just want to get my head around the purpose of putting yourslef into the middle of it, or even the end goal, what is the optimum outcome for you?

You’re still in the stupid box that exists for those that can neither forgive or forget though

Sure. Everything must be forgiven and forgotten. If you are unprepared to do either of things, you are definitely stupid. After all, somebody said it once upon a time and it now says so on the internet.

Not sure if you noticed, but this thread was designed specifically in order to attract the views of people like me, although I don't fall into the category of people with no interest in Cardiff City. I too would find it strange if anybody with no interest in Cardiff City logged onto a Cardiff City message board, but I doubt that's ever happened unless somebody arrived here by accident.
    Why do you think its all about you FFS? A poster celebrates the fact that Tan is concilaitory the day after this club goes back into the Premier League. But of course in your head it's all about you.

As I said in another post it comes to something whereby supporters of other clubs, notably our biggest rivals for promotion - Fulham come on to this message board to congratulate the, team, the club and its supporters only to find a number of supporters of our club continually bitching about the owner of the club. What the hell must they think of the supporters of the club??

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    What is your motivation it continue debating the issue, do you wish to get others to see him how you see him? Is it purely defending yourself and your views? or do you just simply enjoy the process of debating on here?
    I have no interest in getting other people to see Tan how I see him and I don't think that would be possible anyway.

I do like to defend myself and my views, and I think like anybody else I'm more than entitled to them. Indeed, on the subject of Tan and the re-brand, I believe I have more insight than most, having been one of the few people who was involved in several meetings with high-ranking club officials and directors at the outset of the saga. The funny thing is that people frequently criticise me for occasionally posting here, but then some of those very same people mention me when I'm not posting. That amuses me greatly.

Overall, though, I simply enjoy the process of debate. Cardiff City FC was a huge part of my life for almost 40 years and continues to be a subject that interests me. Debating the issues on here is entertaining - at least some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Why do you think its all about you FFS? A poster celebrates the fact that Tan is concilaitory the day after this club goes back into the Premier League. But of course in your head it's all about you.
    Well, Tim asked a question of the 'Tan haters' and he'd definitely view me as one of those. I know Tim, you see. We've spent plenty of time together over the years. We haven't always seen eye to eye by any means, but he's a good guy and we get on despite our differences. Still, if this thread wasn't directed at people like me but at other 'Tan haters' instead, then I'm sure he'll let us know in due course.

FFS.

Which is it to be.... earlier you said you would 'never forgive and never forget'...?

Which is it to be.... earlier you said you would 'never forgive and never forget'...?
    Uh, both. Obviously. I'll never forgive Tan and I'll never forget what he did, but it makes no odds anyway as there is no need for me to do either. He's the owner of a football club, not a friend or a family member. I'm not even one of his customers.

You know me well enough to make such judgements, huh? OK, well here's a line for you to ponder:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.
    "Get over yourself" A wise person

Sure. Everything must be forgiven and forgotten. If you are unprepared to do either of things, you are definitely stupid. After all, somebody said it once upon a time and it now says so on the internet.
    If the cap fits....

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    "Get over yourself" A wise person
    Boy, do I ever regret posting that quote.

I wasn't relating it to me! I was relating it to.....oh, forget it.

If the cap fits....
    I'm not one for hats of any sort.

I have no interest in getting other people to see Tan how I see him and I don't think that would be possible anyway.

I do like to defend myself and my views, and I think like anybody else I'm more than entitled to them. Indeed, on the subject of Tan and the re-brand, I believe I have more insight than most, having been one of the few people who was involved in several meetings with high-ranking club officials and directors at the outset of the saga. The funny thing is that people frequently criticise me for occasionally posting here, but then some of those very same people mention me when I'm not posting. That amuses me greatly.

Overall, though, I simply enjoy the process of debate. Cardiff City FC was a huge part of my life for almost 40 years and continues to be a subject that interests me. Debating the issues on here is entertaining - at least some of the time.
    Okay thanks, as you admitted your views are very unique and personal to yourself (as are all of ours), so debating them with no possibility of an agreed outcome just for the purpose of debating seems counter intuitive, and I would not personally get any satisfaction from doing that.

Therefore I am going to make a conscious effort not to post about the topic anymore, as I said I personally find it a little toxic and not enjoyable (would much rather debate politics or football tactics).

In terms of defending yourself I can appreciate that, and agree about certain posters who love to bring you into topics for the sake of presumably winding you up. Perhaps if they took my future stance above and as you admitted only tend to post to defend yourself and respond to people who create topics about you, we could see a heavy decrease in the threads like this in the future, this i think we would both be happy with.