+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Re: Tan's apology

I despised the rebrand with a venom and came back to the fold when we returned to blue - and it's been a great ride. I still can't bring myself to praise or applaud Tan in any way but I have put my bitterness to bed otherwise.
    While football clubs are dependent on wealthy owners there will always be potential conflicts between fans and owners. "It's our club" is a fine motto but the reality is that it belongs to rich people who don't usually have a link to the club or even the locality.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    You have gone on and on and on about Tan for years , firstly under the user name if Jirga, then B.I.S.

Why don’t you just give it a rest ?
    If you read the OP it was directed towards Tan's "haters". Maybe the OP should give it a rest?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Your irrelevant along with the other stay aways who have convinced themselves that they are some kind of martyrs
    I am under no illusion, I am completely irrelevant. As for martyrdom, it seems to be a label dished out by people unable to debate.

Just think, if Tan had made good on his promise of converting debt to equity - Cardiff Ciry FC would now be entering the PL debt free and with no danger of the Sky money being used to address the folly of five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve been posting under this name since 2002
    Copying someone's username? FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Shouldn't be allowed

I am under no illusion, I am completely irrelevant. As for martyrdom, it seems to be a label dished out by people unable to debate.

Just think, if Tan had made good on his promise of converting debt to equity - Cardiff Ciry FC would now be entering the PL debt free and with no danger of the Sky money being used to address the folly of five years ago.
    How come no one wants to counter this?

Maybe it's another of those things were supposed to forget and move on from?

This thread is now getting farcical. Into the 6th page, and mostly full of dull, rugurgitated shite.
    Hope this teaches you a lesson Lawnmower!!
    I hope Tan stays at the club for yrs. Imagine in say 15 yrs time, Tan is still here. Will BIS, TLG etc still be bitterly waiting in the wings to release all their bile?
    The simple answer, is to stop starting threads that goad them, and hopefully they’ll quietly snake off to bore someone else to tears.
    Grown men harbouring hatred inside for this long, over the change and change back of a colour is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Why not forget? You can't change history. It's called moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Whilst far more weirdly you continue to use my formed message board name. Now that is really weird.
    Weird? Coming from a guy who posted as his wife 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Surely now even the haters can forgive him ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportw...0%7Ctwterm%5E3
    indeed , never hated the man who invested far more money in to football in this city " the world has ever seen "
    and our best owner by far

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    This thread is now getting farcical. Into the 6th page, and mostly full of dull, rugurgitated shite.
    Hope this teaches you a lesson Lawnmower!!
    I hope Tan stays at the club for yrs. Imagine in say 15 yrs time, Tan is still here. Will BIS, TLG etc still be bitterly waiting in the wings to release all their bile?
    The simple answer, is to stop starting threads that goad them, and hopefully they’ll quietly snake off to bore someone else to tears.
    Grown men harbouring hatred inside for this long, over the change and change back of a colour is ridiculous.

Oh mate 🤦🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Nobody has attempted to counter it, other than vacuous responses.

Probably because it’s veen discussed to death. Go search in one of the 20 other threads about it.

No one is saying he’s an angel and the debt to equity thing is a concern, I admit I’m not clever enough to understand it, maybe he knows better than me?

What people are saying is despite being a complete c*nt 5 years ago he’s admitted a mistake and the club is in a decent state. He even comes across as being a bit more humble these days.

I stayed away after the re-brand.

I'm back now.

Tan isn't the worst owner we've ever had - but had the biggest impact of any.

There will always be some people who can't forgive or who have moved on - let's leave them in peace.

No point in going over history we can't change anything.

Point about debt to equity though is still valid.

Lets see what Tan does next.

Probably because it’s veen discussed to death. Go search in one of the 20 other threads about it.

No one is saying he’s an angel and the debt to equity thing is a concern, I admit I’m not clever enough to understand it, maybe he knows better than me?

What people are saying is despite being a complete c*nt 5 years ago he’s admitted a mistake and the club is in a decent state. He even comes across as being a bit more humble these days.
    The club owes him money for his incompetence. Doesn't quite add up for me, but it's a shame he didn't deliver on his promise of a debt free club. There is a risk (probably small) that he could use the PL money to pay himself off. Had he cleared the debts, then there would have been no risk of that happening. Tan isn't stupid when it comes to money, the majority of us are. There's a bigger game at play here. There must be because, despite repeatedly promising it, he has repeatedly moved the goal posts or, lately, just not even bothered giving an explanation at all.

He was promising a debt free club in 2012. Perhaps, unlike me, he has decided to give it a rest. I wonder why?

Maybe he’s going to f*ck the club over or maybe he’ll end up wiping out the debt completely, who knows? Maybe he’ll sell the club? I can see why people would be suspicious of him but seems a bit of a strange thing to attack him with now.

As someone else has said, people aren't staying away/bitter about the club because of Tan. They're staying away/still bitter because of their experiences with fellow supporters during the rebrand.

Maybe he’s going to f*ck the club over or maybe he’ll end up wiping out the debt completely, who knows? Maybe he’ll sell the club? I can see why people would be suspicious of him but seems a bit of a strange thing to attack him with now.
    I have mentioned this issue previously. It's hardly a strange thing to "attack" (strong word) him with. Especially after he made so many promises, the last being February 2016 when he said it was imminent.

And? No one is saying he’s perfect are they?

I have mentioned this issue previously. It's hardly a strange thing to "attack" (strong word) him with. Especially after he made so many promises, the last being February 2016 when he said it was imminent.
    Did he actually utter the words ‘I promise’ or is it a similar situation to ‘mistake’ not being accepted as an ‘apology’

I don’t know - so happy to be informed by a quote

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Did he actually utter the words ‘I promise’ or is it a similar situation to ‘mistake’ not being accepted as an ‘apology’

I don’t know - so happy to be informed by a quote
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-debt-10875878

And? No one is saying he’s perfect are they?
    I didn't claim that anyone said that. The OP did, however, claim that the haters "must surely forgive him now". As if there was only one problem in Tan's (mis-)handling of the club.

I don’t understand the difference between all these financial thingys. I’m sure someone will tell me I should show more interest but I don’t really care. I’ve been reading this board since 1999 and I know some people have followed the finances closely for 20 years now- many before that.

My own view is we will always be in potential trouble- just like every other club really, (even the perfect Swansea everyone used to be jealous of). And if a time happens when it all seems too good to be true- then it probably is and a fall will come soon.

I don’t think I’ve ever liked any of our owners, I certainly have never trusted any of them and I’m sure I never will. Just the way it is. The way it should be in my opinion- fans getting too close to owners rarely ends well- as we know better than anyone.

You got to stick by the club through the bad times as well as the good we're now reaping the rewards from a couple of bad years I feel for tlg and bis who will hold a grudge to the grave but hey ho that's their choice