+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Tan's apology

Surely now even the haters can forgive him ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportw...0%7Ctwterm%5E3

Re: Tan's apology

We all make mistakes and that was one giant one but time to let bygones be bygones.

Well there it is. An apology for messing with our colours. Surely now we can all forget the rebrand debacle and just let it fade into the history of the club.
    Yesterday was a new dawning for us. The club seems to be run much better than it has been since I’ve been supporting them,
    Let’s have an end to all the bitterness on here, and infighting between fellow fans. How about we draw a line now and all move forward together.
    Yesterday as we were winning promotion, one of the greatest managers of all time was fighting for his life in hospital.
    It is after all, only a game. Good luck to Fergie and good luck to us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

wonder if he would have apologised if we had lost, or was the apology before the game. Seems odd, he's had a long time to say sorry, through the press etc. Maybe he was waiting for the right 'time'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    wonder if he would have apologised if we had lost, or was the apology before the game. Seems odd, he's had a long time to say sorry, through the press etc. Maybe he was waiting for the right 'time'
    Maybe it was only yesterday he truly realised how wrong he was. Seeing a united fan base- 32k strong all wearing blue and singing all game then celebrating like he has never seen Cardiff fans celebrate before. Even he seems to admit coming 2nd this time was better than winning it in red.

doesnt matter how, where, when etc. its there in black and white (or 4k). Time to celebrate and move on.
    I hope TLG and Thames Valley Blue were there yedterday and will be there next season.
    Only one life we have lets not be bitter until the end of time. Enjoy watcging cardiff city and experience more memories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We all make mistakes and that was one giant one but time to let bygones be bygones.
    fair enough, but I didn't see an apology, he just said that he made a mistake-which he did-a huge one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    fair enough, but I didn't see an apology, he just said that he made a mistake-which he did-a huge one.
    Come on mate.

Shouldn't be looking for angles here, that's as good as we are going to get and pretty humble if you ask me.

He could just as easily have said nothing and just told us to be greatful for what he's done here.

It should really be enough for anyone with the slightest bit of forgiveness in them.

Come on mate.

Shouldn't be looking for angles here, that's as good as we are going to get and pretty humble if you ask me.

He could just as easily have said nothing and just told us to be greatful for what he's done here.

It should really be enough for anyone with the slightest bit of forgiveness in them.
    This. In other major sports regularly changing colours, names and even locations is fairly normal. That’s not the way in football and he made a mistake, which he now admits.

It would have been more natural if he apologised when he reversed his madness, instead he hid behind his mum. That tells me all I need to know about Tan. A choreographed pitch celebration (carried onto the pitch by "fans" who are club employees)

By the way, I have watched that "apology" so many times - am I looking at the right link because all I see is the rebrand being called a mistake. Usually an apology has words like "sorry" and "regret" and even "apologise".

Today is the 6 year anniversary of the rebrand story breaking on here. Today is the first admission that there was a mistake, but little in the way of an apology.

Are we to wait 6 years for him to convert debt to equity - something he claimed was imminent in February 2016. Is he going to use his money to clear the debts he's accrued, or is he going to use the Sky money? That question would not need to be asked if he was good to his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Maybe it was only yesterday he truly realised how wrong he was. Seeing a united fan base- 32k strong all wearing blue and singing all game then celebrating like he has never seen Cardiff fans celebrate before. Even he seems to admit coming 2nd this time was better than winning it in red.
    Maybe yesterday he saw that superstition is nonsense.

You'll have to point me in the direction of Tan's apology. I haven't seen it. I saw a brief clip from BBC Wales on Twitter last night in which he finally admits he made a mistake with his ridiculous re-brand, but I haven't seen any apologies. If someone has a link to the footage where he apologises to the fans I'd like to see it.

To be honest though, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of him. The summer of 2012 seems a very long time ago, as does the return to blue in early-2015. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and things have changed significantly for me on a personal level during that time. For much of my life, the football club was an all-consuming obsession. Now it is a source of interest and occasional amusement but little else. That situation's unlikely to change any time soon and certainly won't change as a result of any of the Emperor's proclamations, and I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other ex-supporters who were deeply affected by the re-brand and all that went with it.

It's entirely understandable that Tan would want to paint himself in a better light now as he knows full well what a fool he made of himself the last time he was in the global football spotlight. He won't want to embarrass himself again, so any charm offensive is only natural.

Groundog Day alert!!!

The next 60 or so posts are really predictable.

People have a go at fans who hate him but it's not us bringing him up. Some have forgiven him, some still think he's a ****. Why not just leave it at that lads?

Come on mate.

Again, this. You don't need to apologise to admit to a mistake. The apology goes without saying in my book.

You will always be welcome back down here should you ever change your mind TLG, and that goes for anyone else out there who felt betrayed by the actions of our owner 6 years ago. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive and forget one day and resume your love affair with the club. Only then would it have come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You'll have to point me in the direction of Tan's apology. I haven't seen it. I saw a brief clip from BBC Wales on Twitter last night in which he finally admits he made a mistake with his ridiculous re-brand, but I haven't seen any apologies. If someone has a link to the footage where he apologises to the fans I'd like to see it.

To be honest though, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of him. The summer of 2012 seems a very long time ago, as does the return to blue in early-2015. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and things have changed significantly for me on a personal level during that time. For much of my life, the football club was an all-consuming obsession. Now it is a source of interest and occasional amusement but little else. That situation's unlikely to change any time soon and certainly won't change as a result of any of the Emperor's proclamations, and I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other ex-supporters who were deeply affected by the re-brand and all that went with it.

It's entirely understandable that Tan would want to paint himself in a better light now as he knows full well what a fool he made of himself the last time he was in the global football spotlight. He won't want to embarrass himself again, so any charm offensive is only natural.
    Agreed with that. The amount of choreography surrounding Tan yesterday was amusing. I wonder if he will get to more games, and I wonder if he will bring an entourage with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    You will always be welcome back down here should you ever change your mind TLG, and that goes for anyone else out there who felt betrayed by the actions of our owner 6 years ago. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive and forget one day and resume your love affair with the club. Only then would it have come full circle.
    Id echo this.

Same for BIS.

Wont be holding my breath as it appears both are taking pedantry to a new level.

Shame as yesterday I can truly say was one of the greatest days I've had as a City fan.

Sad that people who had previously put so much into supporting the club should miss out over something which is just part of our history now.

No more posts on this from me today as it's a time for looking forward not back.

Good luck to you both whatever you decide to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    I'll never forgive and never forget, and that goes for some of the fans as much as the owner. As for the love affair with the club, I'm 100% certain that is over, but I'm also pretty sure I'll actively support City again at some point in the future after Tan has gone.

Id echo this.

Same for BIS.

Wont be holding my breath as it appears both are taking pedantry to a new level.

Shame as yesterday I can truly say was one of the greatest days I've had as a City fan.

Sad that people who had previously put so much into supporting the club should miss out over something which is just part of our history now.

No more posts on this from me today as it's a time for looking forward not back.

Pedantry?

I am chuffed for long suffering fans like you - I know all to well the emotions that you have been going through, and will continue to go through. It's disappointing that you cannot grasp the emotions that "ex"-fans are going through. Believe me, it would have been easier to stop supporting Cardiff when we were 90th in the League, or drawing 23 games in one season than it is now. That's also my last post on it today. Today is rebrand day, but it's also a glorious Bank Holiday and I need to finish some gardening before heading to the Bay.

Have a great day folks, well done - particularly to those who understand/appreciate the opposing viewpoint. I seriously think you have a better chance this time around than the last time.

Groundhog day

Id echo this.

Same for BIS.

Good post.

Really don't think it's a good use of anybodies time going over the same old bullshit, there's a very small minority of people who continue to post on this mb that are ex-fans and aren't likely to change their minds.. whatever.. doesn't matter. Their opinions are increasingly irrelevant. The stadium will be packed out next season, and god willing, if we can stay in the top league for a couple of seasons, the debt will be a distant memory also. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Groundhog day
    You'll get to see Chelsea in the flesh again Nick. Didn't you used to support them when City were shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You'll get to see Chelsea in the flesh again Nick. Didn't you used to support them when City were shit?
    No - Never supported Chelsea in all of my life. Don't know where you got that from.