+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Re: Tan's apology

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What do you want, a personal message from him written on parchment ?
    Sorry, missed this. For the benefit of doubt, I want nothing from him whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sorry, missed this. For the benefit of doubt, I want nothing from him whatsoever.
    Only his name so you can keep banging the same old drum. Ffs don't you tire of it?

How many times can one person claim to have no interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    How many times can one person claim to have no interest?
    I have never, ever claimed to have no interest in the football club. On the contrary, I have consistently stated that I am interested in it. Indeed, I did so once again today in this very thread, in a post that you actually quoted and responded to, but I guess you didn't notice that on account of the fact that you're a really thick ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are on our third foreign owners in four years. Our Russian owner left the club in deep trouble with unpaid tax bills. Our Thai owners moved on after two years having grabbed the land outside the ground. We never see our current Chinese owners.

Tan would not have realised the importance of the playing strip when he made his decision to switch to red. As a successful businessman he will be used to getting his own way so to revert back to blue would have really peed him off. He now admits he made a mistake in the first place.

He has also stuck by the club. All those years of Cardiff City struggling to avoid becoming bankrupt are over. You have had financial stability for a long time now. He deserves credit for that. This is hardly a short term project. He has stuck with it and not tried to flog the club for financial game. He is a better owner than our recent ones. Those that want him out need to be careful for what they wish for.
    Hallelujah! Great points mate.

A fan of another team giving a balanced view of ‘what else could be true’....

I love the game of football, and having a team I love and passionately support is one of life’s great and simple pleasures. They’ll be my team come rain or shine for as long as I’m around. There is literally nothing that could change that - certainly nothing as fickle as some debt, an attempt at rebranding or a plethora of owners.

You're a soft one. Always waiting in the wings to pounce on your favourite subject over the last 5 years.

You'll be repeating the same old shite in a bar when you're 75.
    Locals giving each other a wink 'poor fecker.'

Have you and your 'affected' mates considered group therapy? You need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just watched the twitter link for what Tan said. If you, BIS and a couple of others wont recognise what he said as an apology, then I feel sorry for you all. What do you want, a personal message from him written on parchment ?. You accuse another poster of being desperate to portray Tan in a better light, whilst at the same time being desperate yourself to do anything to portray him in a bad light - hypocrites you all are. When Tan came on the pitch yesterday, did you see any anger or violence towards him by the thousands of fans around him ? - no, only adulation and thanks because most people recognise what he has done and is continuing to do for the club and are prepared to leave the past behind and move on together. Pity you 'dinosaurs' cant do the same.
    You are knocking your head against a brick wall responding to these posters, City could win champions league and they would still not forgive Tan.

I'll never forgive and never forget, and that goes for some of the fans as much as the owner. As for the love affair with the club, I'm 100% certain that is over, but I'm also pretty sure I'll actively support City again at some point in the future after Tan has gone.
    So an apology would still be wasted on you anyway

Have you and your 'affected' mates considered group therapy? You need to move on.

Thick ****.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    So an apology would still be wasted on you anyway
    Absolutely. As I said earlier in this very thread, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of Tan. I guess a genuine attempt at an apology might help to reinforce the bridges he seems to be seeking to build with the fanbase as a whole, but for plenty of people it won't make a scrap of difference at this stage.

To be fair for some , they miss the ice cream and cuddles off the Arab who made them feel itk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    To be fair for some , they miss the ice cream and cuddles off the Arab who made them feel itk.
    He was gone a long time before Tan arrived. To be fair.

That sums up my own perspective perfectly. I stopped coming on this forum a number of years ago because of the pettiness on both sides of the debate. We could certainly be in a lot worse of a position regarding ownership, stability, future prospects, etc. but I doubt we could realistically be in a much better position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are on our third foreign owners in four years. Our Russian owner left the club in deep trouble with unpaid tax bills. Our Thai owners moved on after two years having grabbed the land outside the ground. We never see our current Chinese owners.

Tan would not have realised the importance of the playing strip when he made his decision to switch to red. As a successful businessman he will be used to getting his own way so to revert back to blue would have really peed him off. He now admits he made a mistake in the first place.

He has also stuck by the club. All those years of Cardiff City struggling to avoid becoming bankrupt are over. You have had financial stability for a long time now. He deserves credit for that. This is hardly a short term project. He has stuck with it and not tried to flog the club for financial game. He is a better owner than our recent ones. Those that want him out need to be careful for what they wish for.

To Ask for an apology back in 2015, and saying it is now all to late, is holding an individual to an unattainable level of humanity, I believe when we changed back he most likely did so reluctantly due to external pressures, he was likely confused, bitter and hurt. his project had failed all be it the project was wrong but I believe he genuinely thought he was doing what was right for the long term future of our club. unfortunately he did not have the experience to understand the delicate nuances of supporting a football team.

As said previously it is possible that it was yesterday that allowed him to finally see the true error of his ways, and therefore admitting to his mistakes earlier than this would have been a hollow remark, I much rather wait 6 years and have a genuine and humble admission from him.

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

'Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.'

'The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.'

Sometimes in life you can become so entrenched in an argument or view point you fail to see perspective of the bigger picture, I am a big believe in self evaluation, put the circumstances of the last 6 years into a different context, and how would you expect a reasonable man to react to those circumstances, I was a massive Tan Out supporter and then I realised in the last 12 months my short term hate of the rebrand was blinding me from seeing that we currently have one of the best owner-board-management setup in British football, ironically as a fall out of the rebrand itself!
    Pearcey's external unbiased opinion in this thread has reinforced this thought.#

Also after dropping my season ticket for 2 years, it took me about 6-8months of watching Warnock for the bug to develop again, and now it is here to stay, something I was scared I would never get back. So if you are expecting an instant re connection without being prepared to work for it, then you are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    To Ask for an apology back in 2015, and saying it is now all to late, is holding an individual to an unattainable level of humanity, I believe when we changed back he most likely did so reluctantly due to external pressures, he was likely confused, bitter and hurt. his project had failed all be it the project was wrong but I believe he genuinely thought he was doing what was right for the long term future of our club. unfortunately he did not have the experience to understand the delicate nuances of supporting a football team.

As said previously it is possible that it was yesterday that allowed him to finally see the true error of his ways, and therefore admitting to his mistakes earlier than this would have been a hollow remark, I much rather wait 6 years and have a genuine and humble admission from him.

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

Sometimes in life you can become so entrenched in an argument or view point you fail to see perspective of the bigger picture, I am a big believe in self evaluation, put the circumstances of the last 6 years into a different context, and how would you expect a reasonable man to react to those circumstances, I was a massive Tan Out supporter and then I realised in the last 12 months my short term hate of the rebrand was blinding me from seeing that we currently have one of the best owner-board-management setup in British football, ironically as a fall out of the rebrand itself!
    Pearcey's external unbiased opinion in this thread has reinforced this thought.#

Also after dropping my season ticket for 2 years, it took me about 6-8months of watching Warnock for the bug to develop again, and now it is here to stay, something I was scared I would never get back. So if you are expecting an instant re connection without being prepared to work for it, then you are mistaken.
    Some very wise words in there that should be easy for anyone to relate to

Excellent post.

People should read the words very carefully and remember them.

So if you are expecting an instant re connection without being prepared to work for it, then you are mistaken.
    I'm not sure if this post was directed at me or not, but from a personal perspective I'm not seeking any reconnection with the football club. The feelings I had for it before the re-brand episode have long since gone and the way I view the club and football in general now is totally different. I'll continue to take an interest and will no doubt attend the occasional game, as I have done during the last two seasons, but that's more than enough for me at the moment.

I'm not sure if this post was directed at me or not, but from a personal perspective I'm not seeking any reconnection with the football club. The feelings I had for it before the re-brand episode have long since gone and the way I view the club and football in general now is totally different. I'll continue to take an interest and will no doubt attend the occasional game, as I have done during the last two seasons, but that's more than enough for me at the moment.
    There was a line in there that seemed to be much more appropriate for you other than the reconnection stuff

Hi mate, not directed at an individual more of a 'letter to myself' created around points raised in this thread. Just some of the emotions I had to battle with to be able to enjoy yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    There was a line in there that seemed to be much more appropriate for you other than the reconnection stuff
    You know me well enough to make such judgements, huh? OK, well here's a line for you to ponder:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thick ****.
    Of course I am. You're just a sad one. Constantly looking for attention.

Of course I am. You're just a sad one. Constantly looking for attention.
    IRONY ALERT

You know me well enough to make such judgements, huh? OK, well here's a line for you to ponder:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Ffs - where he stands at times of challenge and controversy? You're a legend in your own mind.

Hi mate, not directed at an individual more of a 'letter to myself' created around points raised in this thread. Just some of the emotions I had to battle with to be able to enjoy yesterday
    Fair enough. Personally, I've enjoyed the days out at the City matches I've been to during the last couple of years, even if the football itself has been dire at times. The feelings are totally different though, and that's by no means a bad thing.

Ffs - where he stands at times of challenge and controversy? You're a legend in your own mind.
    I wasn't talking about me, you thick ****.