+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tan's apology

Surely now even the haters can forgive him ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportw...0%7Ctwterm%5E3

Re: Tan's apology

We all make mistakes and that was one giant one but time to let bygones be bygones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We all make mistakes and that was one giant one but time to let bygones be bygones.
    fair enough, but I didn't see an apology, he just said that he made a mistake-which he did-a huge one.

Well there it is. An apology for messing with our colours. Surely now we can all forget the rebrand debacle and just let it fade into the history of the club.
    Yesterday was a new dawning for us. The club seems to be run much better than it has been since I’ve been supporting them,
    Let’s have an end to all the bitterness on here, and infighting between fellow fans. How about we draw a line now and all move forward together.
    Yesterday as we were winning promotion, one of the greatest managers of all time was fighting for his life in hospital.
    It is after all, only a game. Good luck to Fergie and good luck to us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

wonder if he would have apologised if we had lost, or was the apology before the game. Seems odd, he's had a long time to say sorry, through the press etc. Maybe he was waiting for the right 'time'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    wonder if he would have apologised if we had lost, or was the apology before the game. Seems odd, he's had a long time to say sorry, through the press etc. Maybe he was waiting for the right 'time'
    Maybe it was only yesterday he truly realised how wrong he was. Seeing a united fan base- 32k strong all wearing blue and singing all game then celebrating like he has never seen Cardiff fans celebrate before. Even he seems to admit coming 2nd this time was better than winning it in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Maybe it was only yesterday he truly realised how wrong he was. Seeing a united fan base- 32k strong all wearing blue and singing all game then celebrating like he has never seen Cardiff fans celebrate before. Even he seems to admit coming 2nd this time was better than winning it in red.
    Maybe yesterday he saw that superstition is nonsense.

doesnt matter how, where, when etc. its there in black and white (or 4k). Time to celebrate and move on.
    I hope TLG and Thames Valley Blue were there yedterday and will be there next season.
    Only one life we have lets not be bitter until the end of time. Enjoy watcging cardiff city and experience more memories.

Perhaps his mum give him another bollocking

fair enough, but I didn't see an apology, he just said that he made a mistake-which he did-a huge one.
    Come on mate.

Shouldn't be looking for angles here, that's as good as we are going to get and pretty humble if you ask me.

He could just as easily have said nothing and just told us to be greatful for what he's done here.

It should really be enough for anyone with the slightest bit of forgiveness in them.

Come on mate.

Shouldn't be looking for angles here, that's as good as we are going to get and pretty humble if you ask me.

He could just as easily have said nothing and just told us to be greatful for what he's done here.

It should really be enough for anyone with the slightest bit of forgiveness in them.
    Again, this. You don't need to apologise to admit to a mistake. The apology goes without saying in my book.

Come on mate.

This. In other major sports regularly changing colours, names and even locations is fairly normal. That’s not the way in football and he made a mistake, which he now admits.

You'll have to point me in the direction of Tan's apology. I haven't seen it. I saw a brief clip from BBC Wales on Twitter last night in which he finally admits he made a mistake with his ridiculous re-brand, but I haven't seen any apologies. If someone has a link to the footage where he apologises to the fans I'd like to see it.

To be honest though, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of him. The summer of 2012 seems a very long time ago, as does the return to blue in early-2015. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and things have changed significantly for me on a personal level during that time. For much of my life, the football club was an all-consuming obsession. Now it is a source of interest and occasional amusement but little else. That situation's unlikely to change any time soon and certainly won't change as a result of any of the Emperor's proclamations, and I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other ex-supporters who were deeply affected by the re-brand and all that went with it.

It's entirely understandable that Tan would want to paint himself in a better light now as he knows full well what a fool he made of himself the last time he was in the global football spotlight. He won't want to embarrass himself again, so any charm offensive is only natural.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You'll have to point me in the direction of Tan's apology. I haven't seen it. I saw a brief clip from BBC Wales on Twitter last night in which he finally admits he made a mistake with his ridiculous re-brand, but I haven't seen any apologies. If someone has a link to the footage where he apologises to the fans I'd like to see it.

To be honest though, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of him. The summer of 2012 seems a very long time ago, as does the return to blue in early-2015. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and things have changed significantly for me on a personal level during that time. For much of my life, the football club was an all-consuming obsession. Now it is a source of interest and occasional amusement but little else. That situation's unlikely to change any time soon and certainly won't change as a result of any of the Emperor's proclamations, and I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other ex-supporters who were deeply affected by the re-brand and all that went with it.

It's entirely understandable that Tan would want to paint himself in a better light now as he knows full well what a fool he made of himself the last time he was in the global football spotlight. He won't want to embarrass himself again, so any charm offensive is only natural.
    Agreed with that. The amount of choreography surrounding Tan yesterday was amusing. I wonder if he will get to more games, and I wonder if he will bring an entourage with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Agreed with that. The amount of choreography surrounding Tan yesterday was amusing. I wonder if he will get to more games, and I wonder if he will bring an entourage with him.
    This would only be a good thing. His entourage will have very wealthy people in it. The more money around the club and the higher the profile the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    This would only be a good thing. His entourage will have very wealthy people in it. The more money around the club and the higher the profile the better.
    Fair enough. I'm not altogether sure that the entourage are men of wealth, as such, but more men of "power" in Malaysia.

It would have been more natural if he apologised when he reversed his madness, instead he hid behind his mum. That tells me all I need to know about Tan. A choreographed pitch celebration (carried onto the pitch by "fans" who are club employees)

By the way, I have watched that "apology" so many times - am I looking at the right link because all I see is the rebrand being called a mistake. Usually an apology has words like "sorry" and "regret" and even "apologise".

Today is the 6 year anniversary of the rebrand story breaking on here. Today is the first admission that there was a mistake, but little in the way of an apology.

Are we to wait 6 years for him to convert debt to equity - something he claimed was imminent in February 2016. Is he going to use his money to clear the debts he's accrued, or is he going to use the Sky money? That question would not need to be asked if he was good to his word.

Groundog Day alert!!!

The next 60 or so posts are really predictable.

People have a go at fans who hate him but it's not us bringing him up. Some have forgiven him, some still think he's a ****. Why not just leave it at that lads?

You will always be welcome back down here should you ever change your mind TLG, and that goes for anyone else out there who felt betrayed by the actions of our owner 6 years ago. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive and forget one day and resume your love affair with the club. Only then would it have come full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    You will always be welcome back down here should you ever change your mind TLG, and that goes for anyone else out there who felt betrayed by the actions of our owner 6 years ago. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive and forget one day and resume your love affair with the club. Only then would it have come full circle.
    I'll never forgive and never forget, and that goes for some of the fans as much as the owner. As for the love affair with the club, I'm 100% certain that is over, but I'm also pretty sure I'll actively support City again at some point in the future after Tan has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'll never forgive and never forget, and that goes for some of the fans as much as the owner. As for the love affair with the club, I'm 100% certain that is over, but I'm also pretty sure I'll actively support City again at some point in the future after Tan has gone.
    So an apology would still be wasted on you anyway

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    So an apology would still be wasted on you anyway
    Absolutely. As I said earlier in this very thread, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of Tan. I guess a genuine attempt at an apology might help to reinforce the bridges he seems to be seeking to build with the fanbase as a whole, but for plenty of people it won't make a scrap of difference at this stage.

To Ask for an apology back in 2015, and saying it is now all to late, is holding an individual to an unattainable level of humanity, I believe when we changed back he most likely did so reluctantly due to external pressures, he was likely confused, bitter and hurt. his project had failed all be it the project was wrong but I believe he genuinely thought he was doing what was right for the long term future of our club. unfortunately he did not have the experience to understand the delicate nuances of supporting a football team.

As said previously it is possible that it was yesterday that allowed him to finally see the true error of his ways, and therefore admitting to his mistakes earlier than this would have been a hollow remark, I much rather wait 6 years and have a genuine and humble admission from him.

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

'Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.'

'The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.'

Sometimes in life you can become so entrenched in an argument or view point you fail to see perspective of the bigger picture, I am a big believe in self evaluation, put the circumstances of the last 6 years into a different context, and how would you expect a reasonable man to react to those circumstances, I was a massive Tan Out supporter and then I realised in the last 12 months my short term hate of the rebrand was blinding me from seeing that we currently have one of the best owner-board-management setup in British football, ironically as a fall out of the rebrand itself!
    Pearcey's external unbiased opinion in this thread has reinforced this thought.#

Also after dropping my season ticket for 2 years, it took me about 6-8months of watching Warnock for the bug to develop again, and now it is here to stay, something I was scared I would never get back. So if you are expecting an instant re connection without being prepared to work for it, then you are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Oh please. The reconciliation within the club, is not marked by TLG's or Jirga's wholehearted return to the club. Anybody who was there yesterday will know that. It was so much better than 5 years ago. Rarely have I felt such passionate and united support. Those who missed it probably dont care anymore, or so they tell us. But the can't wait to post on here.... for people with no interest in Cardiff City I find that very strange.