+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Re: Tan's apology

Tan knocks on the door of a Cardiff flat. He is shocked and frightened when the door is opened by a man in a homemade black spider costume. Three pairs of toilet brushes sticking out of the side of the costume represent legs and the costume wearer's own legs complete the number of legs you would expect on a spider. Although the hairy black body suit looks convincing the effect is spoiled by the whiteness of its owner's bare legs and by the fact that he has painted his toenails blue. The man's shiny bald head looks very small in contrast to the size of the body suit.

Tan : Are you The Lone Gunman?

TLG : I sometimes use that nomenclature. (Imagine Eugene from The Walking Dead and you won't be far off.)

Tan : Why are you dressed like that? You are frightening me. It is bad luck to come to the door wearing a spider costume in my country.

TLG : I am normalizing my appearance to blend in with my araneae, aka spiders. Also I like looking like this and no low life degenerate, aka red shirter, is going to stop me wearing it.

Tan : I have come to apologise for my mistake. We should never have changed the kit without consulting you.

TLG : Too late. You have upset me and you have upset my spiders.

Tan : What can we do to get you back?

TLG : I am on record as saying I will never return, but perhaps there is one thing that might change my mind. I am talking rebrand times 100. This will tax your cognitive capacity and your knitting skills. Prepare to have your mind blown.

Tan leaves carrying The Lone Gunman's notes and drawings for a new kit. The football world is surprised when The Bluebirds change their name to The Spiders. Surprise turns to astonishment when they run out to the first game of the season in a one piece all black kit with two pairs of extra sleeves and thick bulbous padding around the waist to represent a spider's abdomen. The hairy spider effect was achieved by making the kit in mohair. After only ten minutes of the first game of the season when every Cardiff player except the goalie has been carried off with heat exhaustion Tan begins to realise he made a mistake paying any attention to TLG.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The problem is not with anti-tan contingent. It's all the pro-Tan lot that can't stand for anyone to disagree with them. Don't want to see anti-Tan comments? Stop creating threads designed to change people's minds.

There is no apology in that statement. An admission of mistake is not an apology. We know it was a mistake. If it wasn't, we'd still be playing in red. Even if Tan did apologise, I don't think it would change my opinion of him. I don't find him a likeable person. What does it matter?

I love Cardiff City, I hated the red, but I never stopped supporting the club, I'm glad we're back in blue, this season has been amazing and I'm overjoyed that we got promoted. Where does it say I have to like the owner? Why am I not I allowed my own opinions? Why should someone I don't know care whether or not I like Vincent Tan?
    Dont you think 5 years is long enough? The same people keep harping on about the same old thing. It keeps being brought up when something positive happens.

Perhaps we could have a separate mb under the title 'For those that can't come to terms with reality.'

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Tan knocks on the door of a Cardiff flat. He is shocked and frightened when the door is opened by a man in a homemade black spider costume. Three pairs of toilet brushes sticking out of the side of the costume represent legs and the costume wearer's own legs complete the number of legs you would expect on a spider. Although the hairy black body suit looks convincing the effect is spoiled by the whiteness of its owner's bare legs and by the fact that he has painted his toenails blue. The man's shiny bald head looks very small in contrast to the size of the body suit.

Tan : Are you The Lone Gunman?

TLG : I sometimes use that nomenclature. (Imagine Eugene from The Walking Dead and you won't be far off.)

Tan : Why are you dressed like that? You are frightening me. It is bad luck to come to the door wearing a spider costume in my country.

TLG : I am normalizing my appearance to blend in with my araneae, aka spiders. Also I like looking like this and no low life degenerate, aka red shirter, is going to stop me wearing it.

Tan : I have come to apologise for my mistake. We should never have changed the kit without consulting you.

TLG : Too late. You have upset me and you have upset my spiders.

Tan : What can we do to get you back?

TLG : I am on record as saying I will never return, but perhaps there is one thing that might change my mind. I am talking rebrand times 100. This will tax your cognitive capacity and your knitting skills. Prepare to have your mind blown.

Tan leaves carrying The Lone Gunman's notes and drawings for a new kit. The football world is surprised when The Bluebirds change their name to The Spiders. Surprise turns to astonishment when they run out to the first game of the season in a one piece all black kit with two pairs of extra sleeves and thick bulbous padding around the waist to represent a spider's abdomen. The hairy spider effect was achieved by making the kit in mohair. After only ten minutes of the first game of the season when every Cardiff player except the goalie has been carried off with heat exhaustion Tan begins to realise he made a mistake paying any attention to TLG.
    This is what I call humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    This is what I call humour.
    Guess that sums you up

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You are knocking your head against a brick wall responding to these posters, City could win champions league and they would still not forgive Tan.
    Here's the nub of the matter - it is easier for many to forgive Tan following promotion than it was during relegation, Slade and Trollope.

Essentially, owners can do whatever they want at football clubs, providing the team keeps winning trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As I said in another post it comes to something whereby supporters of other clubs, notably our biggest rivals for promotion - Fulham come on to this message board to congratulate the, team, the club and its supporters only to find a number of supporters of our club continually bitching about the owner of the club. What the hell must they think of the supporters of the club??
    Who are these supporters bitching about Tan?

Why can't all Cardiff "supporters" share one opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

We do with one or two ex supporters.

Why do people even mention the stay aways? Let's all forget about the irrelevant few who no doubt want nothing good to happen to our club anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Dont you think 5 years is long enough? The same people keep harping on about the same old thing. It keeps being brought up when something positive happens.

Perhaps we could have a separate mb under the title 'For those that can't come to terms with reality.'
    The only "reality" here is that you can't accept that other people have and are entitled to opinions that differ from yours.

The only "reality" here is that you can't accept that other people have and are entitled to opinions that differ from yours.
    He doesn’t do reality. He’s from Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Why do people even mention the stay aways? Let's all forget about the irrelevant few who no doubt want nothing good to happen to our club anyway
    Bringing up Tan and the rebrand, then telling people to forgive and forget is a bit like AA moaning about attendances, then moaning about plastics.

Don’t give them the attention they clearly want.

He's not the only one though. The OP started this with a thread that was basically saying "Yeah, well Tan apologised, and so the haters have to stop hating".

Except, when it was pointed out that Tan didn't apologise, the people who (once again) had to justify their positions were said to be pedantic.

I am being told that my views are "increasingly irrelevant" - but I am under no illusions. My views have always been irrelevant.

It is amusing that, because someone has a view that differs from the majority view, they get labelled a troll. The basic objective of that labelling is to try to force those oddballs (another term used here recently) away from forums like this - it is now commonplace on the internet to try to lessen an opposing view by promoting the person with the opposing view as a troll.

This thread was started with the sole aim of belittling the opposite view to the OP's and, if anyone is trolling, it is him. Except, he isn't trolling because he is posting a view that I have no doubt he believes in. Similarly, when I post my "anti-Tan" stuff (which seems to get a lot more criticism when the team is winning promotion, and a lot more support when the team is not winning promotion) I am not trolling - I am expressing my opinion. An opinion to which I am entitled, and an opinion that, just because it is an extremely minority opinion in these days of on the pitch success, is an opinion that carries as much weight with me as your opinion carries with you.

Now, there is an argument that my views are not welcome here - and that is upto the moderators to decide - although I am not sure that Cardiff City needs another echo chamber, and this is the one forum where opposition fans are welcomed as much as home fans - and this is the only forum where "bitter ex-fans" like me can spout off all their "crap". It's a tolerant forum, always has been - but I don't think it always will be.

Vincent Tan is owed a lot of money by Cardiff City football club - money that he spent on a vanity project (or mid-life crisis project) in 2012. It's a shame that he didn't convert debt to equity like he promised 27 months ago. If he had carried out that one promise, then Cardiff would be entering the money league debt free. Just for once, I would like to see a Cardiff City owner take responsibility for their actions. Tan hasn't done that. Still no real apology for causing discord and discontent among a customer/fan base, still no debt to equity, still no long term structure or planning. One promotion may outweigh or even delete these facts for many of you. It's nowhere near enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Surely now even the haters can forgive him ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportw...0%7Ctwterm%5E3
    Not really an apology, but actions speak louder than words.
    It's bygones for me.

Agreed with that. The amount of choreography surrounding Tan yesterday was amusing. I wonder if he will get to more games, and I wonder if he will bring an entourage with him.
    This would only be a good thing. His entourage will have very wealthy people in it. The more money around the club and the higher the profile the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    This would only be a good thing. His entourage will have very wealthy people in it. The more money around the club and the higher the profile the better.
    Fair enough. I'm not altogether sure that the entourage are men of wealth, as such, but more men of "power" in Malaysia.

You have gone on and on and on about Tan for years , firstly under the user name if Jirga, then B.I.S.

Why don’t you just give it a rest ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He doesn’t do reality. He’s from Ireland.
    I'd have expected better , even from you.

He's not the only one though. The OP started this with a thread that was basically saying "Yeah, well Tan apologised, and so the haters have to stop hating".

Except, when it was pointed out that Tan didn't apologise, the people who (once again) had to justify their positions were said to be pedantic.

I am being told that my views are "increasingly irrelevant" - but I am under no illusions. My views have always been irrelevant.

It is amusing that, because someone has a view that differs from the majority view, they get labelled a troll. The basic objective of that labelling is to try to force those oddballs (another term used here recently) away from forums like this - it is now commonplace on the internet to try to lessen an opposing view by promoting the person with the opposing view as a troll.

This thread was started with the sole aim of belittling the opposite view to the OP's and, if anyone is trolling, it is him. Except, he isn't trolling because he is posting a view that I have no doubt he believes in. Similarly, when I post my "anti-Tan" stuff (which seems to get a lot more criticism when the team is winning promotion, and a lot more support when the team is not winning promotion) I am not trolling - I am expressing my opinion. An opinion to which I am entitled, and an opinion that, just because it is an extremely minority opinion in these days of on the pitch success, is an opinion that carries as much weight with me as your opinion carries with you.

Now, there is an argument that my views are not welcome here - and that is upto the moderators to decide - although I am not sure that Cardiff City needs another echo chamber, and this is the one forum where opposition fans are welcomed as much as home fans - and this is the only forum where "bitter ex-fans" like me can spout off all their "crap". It's a tolerant forum, always has been - but I don't think it always will be.

Vincent Tan is owed a lot of money by Cardiff City football club - money that he spent on a vanity project (or mid-life crisis project) in 2012. It's a shame that he didn't convert debt to equity like he promised 27 months ago. If he had carried out that one promise, then Cardiff would be entering the money league debt free. Just for once, I would like to see a Cardiff City owner take responsibility for their actions. Tan hasn't done that. Still no real apology for causing discord and discontent among a customer/fan base, still no debt to equity, still no long term structure or planning. One promotion may outweigh or even delete these facts for many of you. It's nowhere near enough for me.
    Your irrelevant along with the other stay aways who have convinced themselves that they are some kind of martyrs

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    You have gone on and on and on about Tan for years , firstly under the user name if Jirga, then B.I.S.

Why don’t you just give it a rest ?
    Weirdly he posted as Kris too but was a bit less obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Guess that sums you up
    You're obviously from the Brendan O'Carroll school of comedy.

Wonder what he’s like in real life .....

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Weirdly he posted as Kris too but was a bit less obvious.
    Whilst far more weirdly you continue to use my formed message board name. Now that is really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Whilst far more weirdly you continue to use my formed message board name. Now that is really weird.
    I’ve been posting under this name since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve been posting under this name since 2002
    Deluded liar.

Do you not remember my infamous player ratings and how I kept slagging off Jamie Bird? Not to mention all those times I flounced off? I’m part of the furniture here and have been for 16 years under this user name.