+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Re: Tan's apology

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Good post.

Really don't think it's a good use of anybodies time going over the same old bullshit, there's a very small minority of people who continue to post on this mb that are ex-fans and aren't likely to change their minds.. whatever.. doesn't matter. Their opinions are increasingly irrelevant. The stadium will be packed out next season, and god willing, if we can stay in the top league for a couple of seasons, the debt will be a distant memory also. Onwards and upwards.
    Our opinions have been irrelevant from day one.

OK - that really is my final post. The sun is out, so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No - Never supported Chelsea in all of my life. Don't know where you got that from.
    It was common knowledge before the other plonker stole your username.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Id echo this.

Same for BIS.

Wont be holding my breath as it appears both are taking pedantry to a new level.

Shame as yesterday I can truly say was one of the greatest days I've had as a City fan.

Sad that people who had previously put so much into supporting the club should miss out over something which is just part of our history now.

No more posts on this from me today as it's a time for looking forward not back.

Good luck to you both whatever you decide to do.
    Well said

Wont be holding my breath as it appears both are taking pedantry to a new level.
    Pedantry? Do me a favour, Tim. You started this thread under the title 'Tan's Apology'. The simple fact of the matter is that he hasn't made one, not yesterday and not ever. He's finally admitted he made a mistake but, unless there is footage out there that we haven't seen, he certainly hasn't made an apology.

I appreciate you are desperate for Tan to be seen in a better light and for everyone else to feel about him as you do, but that's never going to happen and claiming he's made apologies when he hasn't is not going to change that.

If it was "common knowledge" it was ill informed common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You'll have to point me in the direction of Tan's apology. I haven't seen it. I saw a brief clip from BBC Wales on Twitter last night in which he finally admits he made a mistake with his ridiculous re-brand, but I haven't seen any apologies. If someone has a link to the footage where he apologises to the fans I'd like to see it.

To be honest though, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of him. The summer of 2012 seems a very long time ago, as does the return to blue in early-2015. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and things have changed significantly for me on a personal level during that time. For much of my life, the football club was an all-consuming obsession. Now it is a source of interest and occasional amusement but little else. That situation's unlikely to change any time soon and certainly won't change as a result of any of the Emperor's proclamations, and I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other ex-supporters who were deeply affected by the re-brand and all that went with it.

It's entirely understandable that Tan would want to paint himself in a better light now as he knows full well what a fool he made of himself the last time he was in the global football spotlight. He won't want to embarrass himself again, so any charm offensive is only natural.
    'ex- supporters who were deeply affected'

Jeez, if it was that bad, they shouldn't go near a football ground again. A persons mental health is very important.

It's all water under the bridge now the guys said he made a mistake let's just let it go now city are in the premier league and in fecking blue how can anyone not be happy about that

Surely now even the haters can forgive him ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcsportw...0%7Ctwterm%5E3

We are on our third foreign owners in four years. Our Russian owner left the club in deep trouble with unpaid tax bills. Our Thai owners moved on after two years having grabbed the land outside the ground. We never see our current Chinese owners.

Tan would not have realised the importance of the playing strip when he made his decision to switch to red. As a successful businessman he will be used to getting his own way so to revert back to blue would have really peed him off. He now admits he made a mistake in the first place.

He has also stuck by the club. All those years of Cardiff City struggling to avoid becoming bankrupt are over. You have had financial stability for a long time now. He deserves credit for that. This is hardly a short term project. He has stuck with it and not tried to flog the club for financial game. He is a better owner than our recent ones. Those that want him out need to be careful for what they wish for.

You either believe in redemption or you don't.

Although for what it's worth, I thought a lot of the stay-aways were more offended by the supporters acceptance of the rebrand than the act itself. I could be wrong, though.

In any case - yesterday was simply a brilliant day to be a City fan. I wasn't at either promotion game, but even so this one looked a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    'ex- supporters who were deeply affected'

Jeez, if it was that bad, they shouldn't go near a football ground again. A persons mental health is very important.
    Yet, I recall the same poster, when talking about Black Friday, describing it as only "selling a player".

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    'ex- supporters who were deeply affected'. Jeez, if it was that bad, they shouldn't go near a football ground again. A persons mental health is very important.
    I was going to bite and give you some examples of why some of us were deeply affected by the re-brand, but then I realised it would be utterly pointless as you're just a thick **** who's not interested in genuine discussion or debate and only wants to irritate people. Therefore, you can go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yet, I recall the same poster, when talking about Black Friday, describing it as only "selling a player".
    Why not put your snide comments to me directly?

I was going to bite and give you some examples of why some of us were deeply affected by the re-brand, but then I realised it would be utterly pointless as you're just a thick **** who's not interested in genuine discussion or debate and only wants to irritate people. Therefore, you can go **** yourself.
    Do you see what I mean?

People need to realise how lucky we are compared to some other owners. Yes he was a complete arse hole when he was first here but he has at least admitted that was a mistake.

It’s a shame we’ve lost quite a few supporters forever, especially as they were some of the more die hard and a few of the better posters on here.

The club right now is more together than I can remember it and for me I can’t be bothered discussing the rebrand over and over again. I respect the opinions of those who can’t forgive Tan but for me he’s done enough to win me round.

You'll have to point me in the direction of Tan's apology. I haven't seen it. I saw a brief clip from BBC Wales on Twitter last night in which he finally admits he made a mistake with his ridiculous re-brand, but I haven't seen any apologies. If someone has a link to the footage where he apologises to the fans I'd like to see it.

To be honest though, any kind of apology now will be far too little and way too late for me to radically alter my opinion of him. The summer of 2012 seems a very long time ago, as does the return to blue in early-2015. An awful lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and things have changed significantly for me on a personal level during that time. For much of my life, the football club was an all-consuming obsession. Now it is a source of interest and occasional amusement but little else. That situation's unlikely to change any time soon and certainly won't change as a result of any of the Emperor's proclamations, and I'm sure the same is true for plenty of other ex-supporters who were deeply affected by the re-brand and all that went with it.

It's entirely understandable that Tan would want to paint himself in a better light now as he knows full well what a fool he made of himself the last time he was in the global football spotlight. He won't want to embarrass himself again, so any charm offensive is only natural.
    To be fair TLG, if the club was an all consuming obsession to you, then Tan has probably done you a favour.
    It’s only a game and it’s only a team.
    I’m Cardiff born and bred and the City have been my team all my life, and will be till I die, but there are many many more important things in my life than the City.
    I’ve spent fortunes over the yrs supporting them, and I’d do it all over again. I’ve never been obsessed with it though.

Give it a rest eh lads! We have just got promoted to the premier league.

Let's all just celebrate and be happy. As the man said, it's time to look forward not back.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    To be fair TLG, if the club was an all consuming obsession to you, then Tan has probably done you a favour.
    Not probably, I'd say undoubtedly. If I had my time over again the football club would still be a part of my life but a much, much smaller one. Tan broke the spell for me and that's definitely been a good thing, but I won't be sending him a Christmas card all the same.

Not probably, I'd say undoubtedly. If I had my time over again the football club would still be a part of my life but a much, much smaller one. Tan broke the spell for me and that's definitely been a good thing, but I won't be sending him a Christmas card all the same.
    Probably wise, isn't he Muslim Dave..?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are on our third foreign owners in four years. Our Russian owner left the club in deep trouble with unpaid tax bills. Our Thai owners moved on after two years having grabbed the land outside the ground. We never see our current Chinese owners.

Tan would not have realised the importance of the playing strip when he made his decision to switch to red. As a successful businessman he will be used to getting his own way so to revert back to blue would have really peed him off. He now admits he made a mistake in the first place.

He has also stuck by the club. All those years of Cardiff City struggling to avoid becoming bankrupt are over. You have had financial stability for a long time now. He deserves credit for that. This is hardly a short term project. He has stuck with it and not tried to flog the club for financial game. He is a better owner than our recent ones. Those that want him out need to be careful for what they wish for.
    Best post in the thread

Pedantry? Do me a favour, Tim. You started this thread under the title 'Tan's Apology'. The simple fact of the matter is that he hasn't made one, not yesterday and not ever. He's finally admitted he made a mistake but, unless there is footage out there that we haven't seen, he certainly hasn't made an apology.

I appreciate you are desperate for Tan to be seen in a better light and for everyone else to feel about him as you do, but that's never going to happen and claiming he's made apologies when he hasn't is not going to change that.
    Just watched the twitter link for what Tan said. If you, BIS and a couple of others wont recognise what he said as an apology, then I feel sorry for you all. What do you want, a personal message from him written on parchment ?. You accuse another poster of being desperate to portray Tan in a better light, whilst at the same time being desperate yourself to do anything to portray him in a bad light - hypocrites you all are. When Tan came on the pitch yesterday, did you see any anger or violence towards him by the thousands of fans around him ? - no, only adulation and thanks because most people recognise what he has done and is continuing to do for the club and are prepared to leave the past behind and move on together. Pity you 'dinosaurs' cant do the same.

U ok hun?

Minimising it to a mistake does yesterday's pictures a disservice. He placed himself in a position to be seen again but this time it was accepted or supported by the fans as we all stood in blue, and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    U ok hun?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just watched the twitter link for what Tan said. If you, BIS and a couple of others wont recognise what he said as an apology, then I feel sorry for you all.
    If you believe that (finally) admitting to a mistake equates to an apology, then I feel sorry for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    U ok hun?
    I'm fine babes. Not sure what's happened to you in recent months though.