+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tan's apology

Re: Tan's apology

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm not one for hats of any sort.
    Judging by the available internet pictures of you, you should perhaps reconsider

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Judging by the available internet pictures of you, you should perhaps reconsider
    Only in the snow.

Only in the snow.

The irony here is that I usually get accused of only posting on this board when something negative happens at the club.

I hope you're reading this Auntie Andy and Insider.

Don’t start on me you freeeloder

Getting into the 4th page now this thread. Must admit, TLG is premier league when it comes to fighting fires and swatting away opponents with a few taps of the keyboard.
    Sometimes it’s quite funny, other times it’s a bit boring,I think if you looked up the word stubborn in the dictionary, TLG would be mentioned somewhere?
    At the end of the day, Tan has given a little ground, TLG and BIS have stood firm. I can only see 2 losers in this scenario, as both appear so very bitter and twisted toward a club they both claimed to have supported once.
    Ps. A question for both TLG and BIS. Would you have taken the same stance if you’d been around at the time we changed from our original colours to Blue ?

What is the point of these threads?

No one is going to change their stance now and just giving a troll like BIS a platform to vent his spleen again?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Getting into the 4th page now this thread. Must admit, TLG is premier league when it comes to fighting fires and swatting away opponents with a few taps of the keyboard.
    Sometimes it’s quite funny, other times it’s a bit boring,I think if you looked up the word stubborn in the dictionary, TLG would be mentioned somewhere?
    At the end of the day, Tan has given a little ground, TLG and BIS have stood firm. I can only see 2 losers in this scenario, as both appear so very bitter and twisted toward a club they both claimed to have supported once.
    Ps. A question for both TLG and BIS. Would you have taken the same stance if you’d been around at the time we changed from our original colours to Blue ?
    Ah **** em. Who cares.

Really really sorry I posted this now.

I should really have known better.

Stupidly I was hoping something positive could come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Tim you’re one of the best posters, and most positive City fans on here, but this thread was only ever going to go one way.

Enjoy the promotion. You deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    wonder if he would have apologised if we had lost, or was the apology before the game. Seems odd, he's had a long time to say sorry, through the press etc. Maybe he was waiting for the right 'time'
    Perhaps his mum give him another bollocking

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What is the point of these threads?

No one is going to change their stance now and just giving a troll like BIS a platform to vent his spleen again?
    This.

The man brought JOY to thousands yesterday, thanks for pointing out his admission, it takes a big man to admit he was wrong .

Cardiff-City-v-Reading-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg

Shocking performance from you young man.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    The man brought JOY to thousands yesterday, thanks for pointing out his admission, it takes a big man to admit he was wrong .

Cardiff-City-v-Reading-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
    Look at Tans face pure joy

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Look at Tans face pure joy
    Yes Jeeps. Vincent Tan THE JOYBRINGER, These are GREAT days.

Whilst he didn't actually utter the words "I am sorry" what he said - "I must admit I made a mistake early on changing the colour, but I removed the mistake. There will be no more tinkering with the colours. "I feel the club is united again, everybody is pulling in the same direction. The Board, the team, the fans, the media. We need everyone to be positive because there is lots to be positive about.

"I can understand how the fans feel. But I reverted back to blue. I want to say thank-you very much to them for continuing to support the club.

"There are good positive feelings and you need that to be successful. Together, hopefully, we can make this club bigger, stronger, better, greater."

Is as close to that as is possible. The man is sorry, he made a mistake, he admits he made a mistake and he put it right. He got dogs own abuse from thousands but still kept putting his own cash in to the club. OK, he made us suffer by giving us Solskjaer, Slade and Trollope but he has also now given us Warnock and a team that we can all love and support.

It's been a journey since he first set foot in to Cardiff, there have been bad times - The red fiasco and the dire football under Slade particularly, but what a ride the last 18 months have been. I've certainly enjoyed it and hope that will continue for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Whilst he didn't actually utter the words "I am sorry" what he said - "I must admit I made a mistake early on changing the colour, but I removed the mistake. There will be no more tinkering with the colours. "I feel the club is united again, everybody is pulling in the same direction. The Board, the team, the fans, the media. We need everyone to be positive because there is lots to be positive about.

"I can understand how the fans feel. But I reverted back to blue. I want to say thank-you very much to them for continuing to support the club.

"There are good positive feelings and you need that to be successful. Together, hopefully, we can make this club bigger, stronger, better, greater."

Is as close to that as is possible. The man is sorry, he made a mistake, he admits he made a mistake and he put it right. He got dogs own abuse from thousands but still kept putting his own cash in to the club. OK, he made us suffer by giving us Solskjaer, Slade and Trollope but he has also now given us Warnock and a team that we can all love and support.

It's been a journey since he first set foot in to Cardiff, there have been bad times - The red fiasco and the dire football under Slade particularly, but what a ride the last 18 months have been. I've certainly enjoyed it and hope that will continue for years to come.
    Good post, even topping the previous best post of Pearcey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As I said in another post it comes to something whereby supporters of other clubs, notably our biggest rivals for promotion - Fulham come on to this message board to congratulate the, team, the club and its supporters only to find a number of supporters of our club continually bitching about the owner of the club. What the hell must they think of the supporters of the club??
    The problem is not with anti-tan contingent. It's all the pro-Tan lot that can't stand for anyone to disagree with them. Don't want to see anti-Tan comments? Stop creating threads designed to change people's minds.

There is no apology in that statement. An admission of mistake is not an apology. We know it was a mistake. If it wasn't, we'd still be playing in red. Even if Tan did apologise, I don't think it would change my opinion of him. I don't find him a likeable person. What does it matter?

I love Cardiff City, I hated the red, but I never stopped supporting the club, I'm glad we're back in blue, this season has been amazing and I'm overjoyed that we got promoted. Where does it say I have to like the owner? Why am I not I allowed my own opinions? Why should someone I don't know care whether or not I like Vincent Tan?

It’s both sides, both stubborn people who are either blinded by hatred or rose tinted specs.

We are never all going to agree so I’m at a loss to why we have the exact same thread with the exact replies every couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s both sides, both stubborn people who are either blinded by hatred or rose tinted specs.

We are never all going to agree so I’m at a loss to why we have the exact same thread with the exact replies every couple of months.
    Probably because posters like you and me, keep contributing lol!

Have to agree. It’s tedious as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The problem is not with anti-tan contingent. It's all the pro-Tan lot that can't stand for anyone to disagree with them. Don't want to see anti-Tan comments? Stop creating threads designed to change people's minds.

There is no apology in that statement. An admission of mistake is not an apology. We know it was a mistake. If it wasn't, we'd still be playing in red. Even if Tan did apologise, I don't think it would change my opinion of him. I don't find him a likeable person. What does it matter?

I love Cardiff City, I hated the red, but I never stopped supporting the club, I'm glad we're back in blue, this season has been amazing and I'm overjoyed that we got promoted. Where does it say I have to like the owner? Why am I not I allowed my own opinions? Why should someone I don't know care whether or not I like Vincent Tan?
    Whilst I agree the Pro Tan supporters should stop trying to change people’s minds, the anti tan threads / posts outnumber them by 10-1 when you’ve got a troll like BIS given free reign on here.

TLG is another who only seems to turn up when there’s a bad result, or something negative to revel in.

That said he does get a ridiculous amount of mentions. Which is kind of ironic considering people are telling him he should forget about the rebrand, when they themselves keep mentioning it!!!!

Both sides contribute to the threads, but nobody is starting threads titled "Tan hasn't Apologised" or "Remember The Past", Don't Move on, Don't Forgive and Forget etc etc

Both sides contribute to the threads, but nobody is starting threads titled "Tan hasn't Apologised" or "Remember The Past", Don't Move on, Don't Forgive and Forget etc etc
    You must have BIS on ignore if you think no one is starting anti tan threads

You cannot be serious