Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
Really shocked to hear that Abruzzesse (thanks for spelling)!! Has been released. Have never seen him play for city however I have seen entire 90 min Wales U21 games normally as a result of links you have provided btw!! And he has usually been one of our better players.

Think it was the U21 game away with Switzerland where he was left back and Coxe at right back and both had fantastic games during our 3 nil victory. Brooks naturally took the headlines in that game for his display but both our full backs acquitted themselves very well throughout. Since when should full backs be 6 foot, never happened when I was a lad!!!!!
Not sure what you're thanking me for, I still spelt Abbruzzese's name wrong That was my first attempt at writing his name without googling and I failed.

On a serious note, I could be wrong on that. I'm just parroting what I read on here. I remember the Swiss game also. He does have potential but I wonder if, because he is now 20, he might be one of the few types of footballer who is better off finding a club that really wants to invest in him long term. Anyway, I should wait for the club to announce the retain list before posting.