+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Patrick Roberts on a season's loan?

Man City surely can't want him to waste any more time up in the SPL?

Ben Woodburn/Harry Wilson on loan

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ben Woodburn/Harry Wilson on loan
    We're allowed 2 Prem loans only I believe. I'd want better than those two based on what I've seen so far. We need some real quality if we're going to be paying ridiculous loan fees.

Blue in the Face

Two Berlin attatched players that I've seen play over the past couple of years.

First at Union Berlin in Bundesliga Zwei. Goalkeeper Daniel Mesenhöler is a free agent. I'm suggesting this guy less based on what I've seen but more based on the fact that he's represented Germany at all youth levels, has league experience, will be on wages lower than championship levels and he's FREE.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dani...spieler/150080

Came on to write a post about attacking right back Mitchell Weiser, Hertha Berlin's one stand out player left after Anthony Brooks left for Wolfsburg last year. Then googled him and found out he moved to Bayer Leverkusen a few days ago for £10.8m a few days ago. Has the potential to be a top player. Was clearly too good for Hertha.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mitc...spieler/119211

Been thinking about this along the lines of players with either a great work ethic or those that have maybe not been getting the game time they’d like that Warnock could work his magic on. Some may be a bit pricey

Okazaki
    Llorente
    Ings
    Andre Gray (even though his names out there it does fit the bill)
    Bolasie
    Ibe
    Gibbs
    Walker-Peters
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 16-05-18 at 11:36. Reason: ..

I saw a rumour of Chelsea to sign Adama Traore for £30million which is ridiculous.

Blue in the Face

Another young goalie on a free. Another montage video with horrible europop electro

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I saw a rumour of Chelsea to sign Adama Traore for £30million which is ridiculous.
    Good Championship player but my word £30m?

I think I’ll be sticking with Liam Feeney!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Good Championship player but my word £30m?

I think I’ll be sticking with Liam Feeney!
    Agreed! Avoid hype players. Buy low, sell high.

Haven't seen his name mentioned in this thread, but I have always thought Jota at Birmingham is a very gifted technical player and I know Warnock and co had specific plans to deal with him. His career particularly flourished under Wharburton at Brentford, ironically alongside a certain Andre Grey, who if you didn't know already we have been heavily linked with already!! Brentford were awesome as an attacking unit during this period. Birmingham paid £6 mil for his services but unbelievably Cotterill didn't even pick him when he was in the hot seat. One of the first thing Monk did when appointed was reinstate him to the first team and he has again flourished ever since. He was their best player by a mile when we played them at home towards the end of the season. Warnoch himself has openly admitted that his track record in signing forwards is poor. However, he does have a nose for a wide midfielder (he was a winger himself) as we know to our benefit in Hoilett and NML. If we can bag Jota for a similar fee to what Birmingham paid I believe he could flourish in the premier next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Another young goalie on a free. Another montage video with horrible europop electro

Cardinale is under 6 foot tall, and Warnock loves the fact Etheridge is tall.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statis...dendevertraege

Wonder if anyone on here takes our fancy.

Joel Ward might be a good option at right back, wouldn't rule out him going for a James Morrison type player, or even someone like Hennessey as competition for Etheridge.

Nils Peterson is a striker playing for Freiburg in Germany, has consistently scored goals in a poor side.
    Is tall and skillful, and wins a lot of flick one.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cardinale is under 6 foot tall, and Warnock loves the fact Etheridge is tall.
    Yeah he looks small. Where did you get that Warnock quote from? Isn't this guy the same height as Etheridge? Etheridge looks a bit on the small side too.

Yeah he looks small. Where did you get that Warnock quote from? Isn't this guy the same height as Etheridge? Etheridge looks a bit on the small side too.
    Think etheridge is 6 '1" or 6'2"

"We haven't had a big goalkeeper, and this lad is 6"2," said Warnock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40097728

There's a longer article somewhere but Warnock definitely wants a tall keeper.

Nils Peterson is a striker playing for Freiburg in Germany, has consistently scored goals in a poor side.
    Is tall and skillful, and wins a lot of flick one.
    He's in the German squad, he's not coming here!

He's in the German squad, he's not coming here!
    Hadn't realised that, he's not been capped before.

Blue in the Face

"We haven't had a big goalkeeper, and this lad is 6"2," said Warnock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40097728

There's a longer article somewhere but Warnock definitely wants a tall keeper.
    I can't believe Etheridge is 6"2. Think everyone looks big to Warnock

I can't believe Etheridge is 6"2. Think everyone looks big to Warnock
    Maybe he looks small because we are a tall team in general.
    Paul onoachu inbound it is then.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    **** stats.
    People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination
    There are examples of it being used both ways

Blue in the Face

Some young Welshies on possible frees to look at

Welsh u21 left back Cole Dasilva's contact is up at Chelsea. It will be interesting to see if they renew his contract there as we have released Abbruzzese. Chelsea have already released twin brother Rio. But Jay, who has just won player of the year at Charlton, might have been the reason why this trio was bought as a package. Cole looked a brilliant prospect two years ago, but the last three times I've seen him for Wales and Chelsea he hadn't progressed as much as I'd hoped. Just turned 19 a few days ago though.

Welsh u21 keeper Michael Crowe has been released by Ipswich, even though he has made their bench countless times. It could be down to the player that he's leaving, but I suppsose it doesn't look good this he is. I've seen him once for the Welsh u21s and thought he looked excellent. Likewise former Man City keeper Billy O'brien. But he has been without a club for so long that it must be that scouts just don't rate him.

Some young Welshies on possible frees to look at

Welsh u21 left back Cole Dasilva's contact is up at Chelsea. It will be interesting to see if they renew his contract there as we have released Abbruzzese. Chelsea have already released twin brother Rio. But Jay, who has just won player of the year at Charlton, might have been the reason why this trio was bought as a package. Cole looked a brilliant prospect two years ago, but the last three times I've seen him for Wales and Chelsea he hadn't progressed as much as I'd hoped. Just turned 19 a few days ago though.

Welsh u21 keeper Michael Crowe has been released by Ipswich, even though he has made their bench countless times. It could be down to the player that he's leaving, but I suppsose it doesn't look good this he is. I've seen him once for the Welsh u21s and thought he looked excellent. Likewise former Man City keeper Billy O'brien. But he has been without a club for so long that it must be that scouts just don't rate him.
    Sounds like rabbi matondo is progressing well there too, but too early for him to be loaned out, especially to the premier league. Apparently they had offers from league one sides in the January window

Blue in the Face

Sounds like rabbi matondo is progressing well there too, but too early for him to be loaned out, especially to the premier league. Apparently they had offers from league one sides in the January window
    I wonder if some of the ones who will progress first out of our u21s generation are the ones who haven't been hyped as much, yet have more solid league experience. Though to be fair Rabbi is a young one for that team still. I'm thinking of the likes of Joe Morrell who is coming off the back of a very successful loan a Cheltenham. I'm hoping the over-spending wurzles will look to play him in the champ next year. Likewise, I'm hoping Swansea will giving opportunities to a glut of u21s that they have.