+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Heisenberg

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    His coward tackles for one, I don't enjoy. Stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6G5-4Dha0
    I enjoyed this though https://twitter.com/RTEsport/status/930552598536396800

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Good enough for the kent, him and Stoke are made for each other

A dirty bastard with little talent

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The "POPPY" is a symbol of PEACE not war.

My son and I have lost some very close friends in Iraq & Afgan and the least this fella could do, is show respect for the boys & girls who are defending his family now, not looking to the past.

History is past, The Empire, Slavery and the such are in the past, we all have to look to the future and our children and grand-children, and make this a world that's safe for them.
    So is the Easter lily, anyone wearing one here thou will probably be labelled vile republican terrorist scum. Respect works both ways, a lesson the DUP and England's scummy right wing press need to learn.

There's a few players in the 2 Bundesliga who might be able to do a job for us - Its not far off the Championship in standard, and the standard of coaching is generally high in Germany.

Sonny Kittel (25) - a left winger from Ingolstat, picked up 10 goals and 15 assists from 30 games this season

Christopher Trimmel (31) A right back at union berlin who is tall and very strong defensively, but can also dribble and cross well, has provided 10 assists from crosses (possibly a bit old)

Lukas Frode (23) a big and tall defensive midfielder who plays for Duisberg

Enrico Valentini (29) - A strong right back who also likes to cross - 9 assists this season at nurnberg though who I think got promoted

Marvin Ducksch (24) - Striker at Holstein Kiel, got 18 goals and 7 assists. 6ft 2 and looks mobile. Leeds were interested earlier in the year.

Haris Duljevic (24) very quick, skillful winger at dinamo dresden - used to play for Tan's team in Bosnia FK Sarajevo, Bosnian National.

Oviously I know very little about any of these, a few grainy youtube clips etc, but on the plus side I'm pretty confident that all the above would be well within our price range - perhaps we should be looking into this sort of division?

IMG_20180524_003655.jpg

Just leaving this here

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Well you need to try and see something from someone else’s point of view rather than just hating them because they have a different opinion to you.

The history of the U.K. and Ireland is really complicated and while I don’t agree with his stance of seeing the poppy as a representation of the British army but I accept that he thinks that. And if he was brought up in somewhere occupied by the British army and had family members killed by them I could see why he’d rather not wear one.

We fought in 2 world wars so people could have different opinions. Hating someone for that is a bit short sighted imo.

Indeed. We live in a world where we all want to express an opinion on various matters but where many people are vilified for having a different opinion to us. The poppy has been, historically, inextricably linked to the British military and it's inevitable that people will have different views on the subject, especially those who come from a background where the British may have been perceived as occupiers and/or suppressors. The internet these days is often akin to a pitchfork mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Indeed. We live in a world where we all want to express an opinion on various matters but where many people are vilified for having a different opinion to us. The poppy has been, historically, inextricably linked to the British military and it's inevitable that people will have different views on the subject, especially those who come from a background where the British may have been perceived as occupiers and/or suppressors. The internet these days is often akin to a pitchfork mob.
    Everyone wants to see everything as black or white but we live in a world where someone wearing a poppy out of respect for peace and people who’ve died at war (I always wear one) and people who won’t wear one because they think they represent the ills of the British army can both be right.

People have died and fought in wars to protect this sort of free speech. Disagree with them fine but to hate them because of it seems counter productive.

NB I think James Maclean is a dick head unrelated to this and als think he’s a donkey of a footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The "POPPY" is a symbol of PEACE not war.

My son and I have lost some very close friends in Iraq & Afgan and the least this fella could do, is show respect for the boys & girls who are defending his family now, not looking to the past.

History is past, The Empire, Slavery and the such are in the past, we all have to look to the future and our children and grand-children, and make this a world that's safe for them.
    I agree with what you’re saying for me it’s a symbol of rememberance for anyone who’s died in a war. But also I can see how it’s being used as a symbol of nationalistic fist pumping by the media and I can see why someone who grew up as a republican in N. Ireland wouldn’t want to wear one.

His open letter is worth a read - https://www.joe.ie/sport/pic-james-m...tonight-474522

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20180524_003655.jpg

Just leaving this here
    Watching the Villa v Boro games, he's got a long way to go.

Also, Yanic! That pretty much says it all to me. Dribbling isn't the be all and end all.

Warnock quoted in WOL as looking north of the border for two or three players.

I guess that's some Celtic players, such as Callum McGregor (who I really like), Stuart Armstrong, John McGinn, Chris Cadden and James Forrest? I'm assuming he'll stay Scottish, and there's slim pickings once you go outside of Celtic's squad. Maybe Morelos but he doesn't really seem a "Warnock striker".

That's my limited knowledge from occasionally watching Celtic spank everyone else. Maybe Scott McKenna at Aberdeen, he's highly rated apparently. I do think we'd struggle to get players from Celtic but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Everyone wants to see everything as black or white but we live in a world where someone wearing a poppy out of respect for peace and people who’ve died at war (I always wear one) and people who won’t wear one because they think they represent the ills of the British army can both be right.

People have died and fought in wars to protect this sort of free speech. Disagree with them fine but to hate them because of it seems counter productive.

NB I think James Maclean is a dick head unrelated to this and als think he’s a donkey of a footballer.
    Not all of the wars were in support of free speech, of course. Some wars and operations we have been engaged in were for less altruistic reasons.

Watching the Villa v Boro games, he's got a long way to go.

Also, Yanic! That pretty much says it all to me. Dribbling isn't the be all and end all.
    He's not the finished product that's for sure, but his potential ceiling is very high.
    Pulis has managed to get a lot more out of him than previous managers, I think warnock would too, he lets his wingers have a go and not too worried about keeping possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's not the finished product that's for sure, but his potential ceiling is very high.
    Pulis has managed to get a lot more out of him than previous managers, I think warnock would too, he lets his wingers have a go and not too worried about keeping possession.
    At a risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm sure if we're in a position to gamble on potential. He's a very exciting player but got marked out of the game by Alan Hutton recently.

At a risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm sure if we're in a position to gamble on potential. He's a very exciting player but got marked out of the game by Alan Hutton recently.
    Yeah, he probably is too much of a gamble, given how much it would cost to prize him away. Which is a pity as the potential upside is massive. I wouldn't read too much into the villa games though. In the 2-3 months before that he was just about the best player in the league

That phrase is probably lost on the youth of today. And how many people still say that they 'tape' stuff on TV?

Thanks for that. I'll be looking out for this kid. The pass on the 3rd clip down is sublime.

He was great on FIFA 17. Not sure he belongs in the realistic signings thread though.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh at AZ Alkmaar, they signed him for 1.5 million a couple of seasons ago, and he's just scored 21 goals and 12 assists from 32 games in the eredivsie, playing at right wing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZulfwFbXWo
    Direct, quick strong and skillful, I reckin he would suit our style of play to a tee, could even be in our price range.

Only downside is success in the eredivsie is a terrible indicator of success at a higher level, there are as many Alfonso Alves' as there are Luis Suarez's

Blue in the Face

Danny Ward emerges as summer target for Norwich City, more interest likely
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/0...-norwich-city/

Cardiff mentioned in the article (for no apparent reason). Think he'd be worth considering though

Why are we looking at Scottish players ffs, we are Cardiff City Capital of Wales!Lets have some of our own, Hennessey,Ward,Gunter,Collins,Wilson,Allen, Brooks and Woodburn would ALL improve our squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Why are we looking at Scottish players ffs, they aren't very good
    Fixed

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Some young Welshies on possible frees to look at

Welsh u21 left back Cole Dasilva's contact is up at Chelsea. It will be interesting to see if they renew his contract there as we have released Abbruzzese. Chelsea have already released twin brother Rio. But Jay, who has just won player of the year at Charlton, might have been the reason why this trio was bought as a package. Cole looked a brilliant prospect two years ago, but the last three times I've seen him for Wales and Chelsea he hadn't progressed as much as I'd hoped. Just turned 19 a few days ago though.

Welsh u21 keeper Michael Crowe has been released by Ipswich, even though he has made their bench countless times. It could be down to the player that he's leaving, but I suppsose it doesn't look good this he is. I've seen him once for the Welsh u21s and thought he looked excellent. Likewise former Man City keeper Billy O'brien. But he has been without a club for so long that it must be that scouts just don't rate him.
    ".... Preston are said to have fought off competition from Cardiff City to land ex-Town keeper Michael Crowe"
    https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33785

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Why are we looking at Scottish players ffs, we are Cardiff City Capital of Wales!Lets have some of our own, Hennessey,Ward,Gunter,Collins,Wilson,Allen, Brooks and Woodburn would ALL improve our squad!
    Anglesey, Wrexham, Newport, Newport, Wrexham, Carmarthen, Warrington, Chester

Our own?