+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    We could sign someone like sam vokes but will Gary madine stay i wonder?
    Hope not

Someone one that can pass in Midfield. I don't care if it's sideways or backwards sometimes. Just the right ball for the occasion. Sticking with the Championship I thought Romaine Sawyers from Brentford looks a talent as well with more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Don’t think these two will cut it, get a couple players off stoke, and rondon from West Brom
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see WB stay up, miraculously

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Someone one that can pass in Midfield. I don't care if it's sideways or backwards sometimes. Just the right ball for the occasion. Sticking with the Championship I thought Romaine Sawyers from Brentford looks a talent as well with more to come.
    Watching the game Sunday there is no way we should be playing Pato in midfield in the Prem. Watching him try and control a football is so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see WB stay up, miraculously
    Already relegated Stoke, need to beat Swansea for that to happen. No chance.

Isn’t it wonderful, how we can now have a stab at the Prem with no hard feelings if we go straight back down, but a chance to bed in some good talent and be in with a good opportunity each year.

The Burnley and Huddersfield models are good ones to follow. Snap up the best of (affordable) championship talent so if we do go back down we will be stronger for it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Watching the game Sunday there is no way we should be playing Pato in midfield in the Prem. Watching him try and control a football is so frustrating.

I know what you mean. A work in progress in midfield. If he was released from other duties just to concentrate on arriving late in the box and defending/attacking set pieces then I could see it. To do that then you can't have a Bryson type in there for me runs too much if anything. Maybe 2 sitters who can pass out wide. Positional discipline behind Pato and it could work. I love his spirit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Don’t think these two will cut it, get a couple players off stoke, and rondon from West Brom
    Rondon has been mentioned in the media for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I know what you mean. A work in progress in midfield. If he was released from other duties just to concentrate on arriving late in the box and defending/attacking set pieces then I could see it. To do that then you can't have a Bryson type in there for me runs too much if anything. Maybe 2 sitters who can pass out wide. Positional discipline behind Pato and it could work. I love his spirit though.
    Can’t knock his application or his drive but he’s limited technically and whilst you can get away with that to a certain degree in the championship, I dont think you can in midfield in the Premier League.

Bryson should be thanked for his effort this season but we need better in the Premier League imo.

As mentioned in another thread I'd love Rondon Hard worker with a decent goalscoring record

Despite their abysmal season (up until they sacked Pardew), West Brom have a solid squad with some good players.

Rondon, Jay Rodriguez, Jonny Evans (although he'll probably be snapped up by a bigger side), Livermore, Mat Phillips, Chris Brunt, Oliver Burke all worth a look if they go down

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Have you watched him at all this season or is your opinion based on years gone by. Backwards step in my opinion
    Not much no.

Looking at the other sides in the relegation battle there are some very good players in there that we could look at if they go down
    Stoke- Butland, Shaqiri, Allen, Ndiaye, Bauer
    WBA- Rondon, Rodriguez, Evans, Livermore, Phillips, Brunt, Burke
    Southampton- Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Soares, Stephens, Hoedt, Long, Davis, Tadic, Romeu, Austin, Lemina, Boufal, Gabbiadinni, Bertrand, Hojbjerg, Forster

Looking at the Southampton squad its insane they're fighting relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Troy Deeney seems the sort of player Warnock could rejuvenate. Maybe Andre grey too.

That ex Burnley lad at Liverpool is out of our reach but someone like him would be great.
    The one that is no better than bogle

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Worse actually

Ward and Bogle are both better than Ings apparently 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Who said that?!😂

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Looking at the other sides in the relegation battle there are some very good players in there that we could look at if they go down
    Stoke- Butland, Shaqiri, Allen, Ndiaye, Bauer
    WBA- Rondon, Rodriguez, Evans, Livermore, Phillips, Brunt, Burke
    Southampton- Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Soares, Stephens, Hoedt, Long, Davis, Tadic, Romeu, Austin, Lemina, Boufal, Gabbiadinni, Bertrand, Hojbjerg, Forster

Looking at the Southampton squad its insane they're fighting relegation
    What if the Jacks go down

Can’t knock his application or his drive but he’s limited technically and whilst you can get away with that to a certain degree in the championship, I dont think you can in midfield in the Premier League..

Bryson should be thanked for his effort this season but we need better in the Premier League imo.
    Good points. Pato could have a thread of his own about what he turns into as a player. When he runs on to cut backs, crosses though it"s like something is going to happen every time. Loose play exposes his technique sometimes. As regards to new signings I would look to the championship. Lots of talent that could prosper and maybe make us more resillent for another go again if it goes tits next year because they know the league and it"s unique sceduling. Rather than someone who just leaves if it goes wrong or big wage mill stones Exciting times mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who said that?!😂
    Ccfc is for life

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I’d take joe Allen from stoke. Genuinely.
    So will a lot of other premier clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    So will a lot of other premier clubs
    So will Swansea City so can’t see him busting much of a gut to relegate his hometown club on Sunday.

Joe Allen

What if the Jacks go down
    I'd be surprised if we bought any players off of them

Oliver Burke would be a great shout in my opinion. Was excellent for Forest a few years but then applied his trade in Germany for a couple of years while it hasn't really taken off for him a West Brom.

He's still young and should be hungry. He's big and quick and would be a rich man's Mendez-Laing imo

Has looked a bit lost at WBA, maybe Warnock and his rigid system could help him.