+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Realistic Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Haven't seen his name mentioned, but if Villa don't go up I expect us to go in for Snodgrass who's face doesn't fit at West Ham. Having read our managers autobiography The Gaffer, he is a massive fan of his and was bitterly disappointed when he had to sell him when they worked together when at Leeds. By all accounts he tried to loan him from West Ham but was blown out of the water by Villa paying loan fee and wages required by West Ham. A player opposition fans hate, but on his day, he is premier class and has an excellent working relationship with Warnock.
    While he's a good player, every other winger we have is rapid. Snodgrass is pretty pedestrian, so not sure he fits the current Warnock template for a winger in this City side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    While he's a good player, every other winger we have is rapid. Snodgrass is pretty pedestrian, so not sure he fits the current Warnock template for a winger in this City side.
    Not for me. We will be spending a lot of time defending and will want quick counter.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not for me. We will be spending a lot of time defending and will want quick counter.
    On the other hand, I reckon Snodgrass would take our dead ball delivery up another level and I can see that being very important for us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I realise he's someone who will divide opinion, but our gaffer's opinion will be the one that counts in the end! He comes with baggage for sure, but I would take the version who was at Hull during their stint in the Premier as he was unplayable at times in a very poor side he was by far their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I realise he's someone who will divide opinion, but our gaffer's opinion will be the one that counts in the end! He comes with baggage for sure, but I would take the version who was at Hull during their stint in the Premier as he was unplayable at times in a very poor side he was by far their best player.
    He's a good player but he doesn't fit our current system, that's clear to see. Warnock's suggesting he's not going to change too much so we have to buy players that fit exactly into it, not good players that don't. I don't think anyone would be gutted we signed Snodgrass but everyone we've played wide this season is quick/direct and he isn't.