+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    James McClean

...would fit Warnock’s philosophy whilst having the right qualities for the prem.
    Irish thug. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Irish thug. No thanks.
    Louth incoming in 3... 2...

Declan John
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Krepin Diatta. One of the most talented kids I’ve seen since John Obi Mikel. Good on the ball and runs like no tomorrow.. But I guess this is not the market for Neil..
    I guess our colleagues over in Belgium should know all about him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Chelsea's youth sides are always worth a look, some top talent in there not getting a look in

Kurt Zouma could well be available if Chelsea's new manager doesn't fancy him

Kasey Palmer, Izzy Brown, Marco van Ginkel, Jeremie Boga, Lewis Baker, Charly Musonda and Tomas Kalas will all be returning from loans this summer
    Ginkel will be going for some big bucks

Musonda worth a look...

Irish thug. No thanks.
    Can’t stand him. There was a post on here a couple of months back about most hated players. He’d probably jump in front of Barton and Hart as my 2nd choice

Just to put it out there we are not going to pay £10m plus for any player, Allen, or Rondon who incidentally has scored 24 goals in three seasons at West brom, 124 appearances. My choices would be Jay Rodriguez, Andy Carrol and although I am not impressed with Rondons scoring, he has been consistant for many years.

I wouldn't be very happy if we do our summer shopping in the championship. We have a squad full of good championship players, we don't really need any more of them. What we really need is premier league experience. I would expect Warnock to take a few players whose contracts have expired or a few of the relegated players who are too good to go down. British clubs want way too much for their top players so that won't be easy and we could find ourselves in a bidding war.

Irish thug. No thanks.
    I’m aware he’s Irish.

.....I’d think of him more as a bully. He’s also “streetwise” , as they say on the television....... Irish TV that is.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Can’t stand him. There was a post on here a couple of months back about most hated players. He’d probably jump in front of Barton and Hart as my 2nd choice
    Still behind Bellamy and Warnock (if we include managers) in most others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I wouldn't be very happy if we do our summer shopping in the championship. We have a squad full of good championship players, we don't really need any more of them. What we really need is premier league experience. I would expect Warnock to take a few players whose contracts have expired or a few of the relegated players who are too good to go down. British clubs want way too much for their top players so that won't be easy and we could find ourselves in a bidding war.
    That's rubbish mate. History has proven that the formula for survival is to cherry pick top end championship players who will be hungry to play in the league above. Their wages would also be a lot more affordable than those who have come from the premier league.

James McClean

...would fit Warnock’s philosophy whilst having the right qualities for the prem.
    He would be a brilliant signing for our system. He hates the English too.
    Come on Neil let's get him.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's rubbish mate. History has proven that the formula for survival is to cherry pick top end championship players who will be hungry to play in the league above. Their wages would also be a lot more affordable than those who have come from the premier league.
    Easy for me to say at the moment of course, but I think we could put together a squad which would be able to survive quite comfortably in the Premier League if we added, say, six of the better players in this season's Championship - I keep on coming back to what I believe was a very perceptive comment from a QPR fan when we appointed Neil Warnock, he said to expect underwhelming signings that work.

Having said that about Championship players, how about this bloke;-

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/bakar...z1ch3zxk6pzwo1

if Palace no longer want him? He's big, powerful, has a decent scoring record, a bit of an x factor, good dead ball delivery and it seems he can also fill in as a central striker, sounds like a typical Warnock winger/wide player to me.

James McClean

I said this a long time ago. His work rate is phenomenal.
    He and NML to cover that position would make us very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Because he has princioles. That's rare for a player these days .

Its akin to asking someone from Aberfan to wear an NCB tee-shirt .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Louth incoming in 3... 2...
    An early night for me.

Irish thug, I'd be disappointed if JR didn't come up with that.

I'd have him at our club all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Because he has princioles. That's rare for a player these days .

Its akin to asking someone from Aberfan to wear an NCB tee-shirt .
    Wrong player

He doesn't hate the English, he's too intelligent for that shite.

He's a guy with principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Just to put it out there we are not going to pay £10m plus for any player, Allen, or Rondon who incidentally has scored 24 goals in three seasons at West brom, 124 appearances. My choices would be Jay Rodriguez, Andy Carrol and although I am not impressed with Rondons scoring, he has been consistant for many years.
    All three promoted sides last season spent more than £10m on a player.

You do know that this is Cardiff City, no Harrods shopping only Aldi or Lidl

He's a thug, and he's poor. He's scored 4 league goals in 3 seasons. He goes round kicking people like some hard nut and then dives. He's also been relegated twice and I'd avoid that if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You do know that this is Cardiff City, no Harrods shopping only Aldi or Lidl
    This isn't the late 90s.
    Spending 10m on a player is the bargain end of the market these days

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Not sure he's our type of player, and will have an inflated fee due to the Europa league semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not sure he's our type of player, and will have an inflated fee due to the Europa league semi final.
    Think he is exactly what we need. If only looking at another six players, we will be on the back foot more than one game. The way he moves and his skills fits perfect. I’m not sure what price range he is. But I’d reckon a 15mill bid is worth a shout.