+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

This thread was started by a person who wanted to talk about "realistic" transfer targets, but how many of those being mentioned really fall into that category in terms of affordability and the sort of player our manager is likely to go for? Not many I'd say.

Just enjoy yourself for once bob it’s just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Think he is exactly what we need. If only looking at another six players, we will be on the back foot more than one game. The way he moves and his skills fits perfect. I’m not sure what price range he is. But I’d reckon a 15mill bid is worth a shout.
    From his description he sounds like a clever kind of player, with good skill who can unlock a defence. That isn't us.
    We are going to be defending deep and hitting teams on the break and living off set pieces if our time so far is anything to judge by.
    We need powerful athletes.
    I'm sure he'd be great in the right team, but not us. A bit like Guerra.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    From his description he sounds like a clever kind of player, with good skill who can unlock a defence. That isn't us.
    We are going to be defending deep and hitting teams on the break and living off set pieces if our time so far is anything to judge by.
    We need powerful athletes.
    I'm sure he'd be great in the right team, but not us. A bit like Guerra.
    Exactly my point. Last time arround we had Campbell, similar type but not very good. I think this type of player is integral, and worth spending a bit of money on. Palace spent 10 mill on Sorloth for christ sake, so realistically we have to spend on at least a striker and a midfielder. Or else it will be one season in the premier.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Just enjoy yourself for once bob it’s just speculation.
    Enjoy myself for once? I've been enjoying myself immensely for nearly forty eight hours now thanks - just think some of the names being mentioned (e.g. Joe Allen) are ridiculous for all sorts of reasons.

A bit harsh to push Bamba on the bench.

There will be weeks of wild speculation and ridiculous suggestions for all sorts of players.

PL clubs will be picking over the bones of the 3 relegated PL clubs for sure plus their foreign scouts will be looking for bargains.

Hard working players will do just fine by me aka Burnley, Brighton,, Huddersfield, Bournemouth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Think he is exactly what we need. If only looking at another six players, we will be on the back foot more than one game. The way he moves and his skills fits perfect. I’m not sure what price range he is. But I’d reckon a 15mill bid is worth a shout.
    15m on a player who's had a good season in Austria? No thank you. He's also 5ft11, so there's no legs here I don't think! He's going to have to spend a lot of time with his back to goal and holding the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    15m on a player who's had a good season in Austria? No thank you. He's also 5ft11, so there's no legs here I don't think! He's going to have to spend a lot of time with his back to goal and holding the ball up.
    He does that brilliantly. And he can turn taking on three defenders. And he score goals. And he want a move to the big league. Salzburg have proven a point this season, so don’t think your Austria neglection Is valid. 15 million is nothing in today’s market, and he will rise in value. My point is there is a market for god players out there, if ol Neil will have a look.
    Also made a shout for Derrick Lukassen in the January window. Still worth a look. And if he doesn’t fit in the style of play, I don’t know who does 😊

Thought we already signed Zahore.. And keep him we should. Bournemouth does well with King and Wilson. But we need a proper striker, absolutely no doubt about that. And a good one!

Mason Mount on loan from Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've been enjoying myself immensely for nearly forty eight hours now thanks
    You'll go blind

I don't think anyone's mentioned him but Charlie Austin is realistic if Southampton go down. He's worked with Warnock before, and has praised him on twitter:

https://twitter.com/chazaustin10/sta...site=HITCsport

He's a gamble with his injury record but he scores goals.

McClean is the classic "hard man" in that he thinks he's hard because he kicks players who are smaller & better than he is. What he & David Meyler did to Joe Allen was disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't think anyone's mentioned him but Charlie Austin is realistic if Southampton go down. He's worked with Warnock before, and has praised him on twitter:

https://twitter.com/chazaustin10/sta...site=HITCsport

He's a gamble with his injury record but he scores goals.
    Now I reckon that's a good shout, but I'd say more established clubs than us will be in for him if Southampton go down.

A blast from the past..Steven Caulker, been watching a few of his games and he's looking stronger than ever tbh! In addition, wouldn't mind seeing Robson-Kanu and Vokes with us. Luongo from QPR and Snodgrass if Villa don't go up. Danny Rose would be a good addition as he won't get much game time at spurs if they get Sessegnon from Fulham!

Man City and man united want rose you lunatic, you seriously think we’d have a chance? He wants more money than spurs can pay and is england’s Left back!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBluebird98 View Post
    A blast from the past..Steven Caulker, been watching a few of his games and he's looking stronger than ever tbh! In addition, wouldn't mind seeing Robson-Kanu and Vokes with us. Luongo from QPR and Snodgrass if Villa don't go up. Danny Rose would be a good addition as he won't get much game time at spurs if they get Sessegnon from Fulham!
    Rose is being kept out by Davies as it is.
    No to both the Wales strikers.
    Luongo is a shout.
    Snodgrass is on high wages from West ham isn't he?

Shirley a wind up

I don’t think anyone has talked well in advance on here- and got right - any of the signings Warnock has made. The only one who cones close is ccfcwelshlad who gets them nearly all right but that seems to be some inside knowledge as the deals are virtually complete by the time he shares them.

It’s nice to speculate as fans but we’ll all be miles off (and probably ridiculed to boot 😀)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Rose is being kept out by Davies as it is.
    No to both the Wales strikers.
    Luongo is a shout.
    Snodgrass is on high wages from West ham isn't he?
    He’s being kept out by Davies only because he said he wants to leave and has been injured. He’s a better player than Davies.

He’s being kept out by Davies only because he said he wants to leave and has been injured. He’s a better player than Davies.
    He's been dropped when fit. Rose is and always has been overrated.

And will be going to another top 6 club

I wonder if that has anything to do with him playing at a far lower level

I’d love Adama Traore, the mans a beast! Probably won’t get him though. Jack Marriott, Bradley Dack and Nick Powell have all had great seasons in league one. How about Ollie Watkins from Brentford, he looks a decent player. George Honeyman at Sunderland is also worth a look.