+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Realistic Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20180524_003655.jpg

Just leaving this here
    Watching the Villa v Boro games, he's got a long way to go.

Also, Yanic! That pretty much says it all to me. Dribbling isn't the be all and end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Watching the Villa v Boro games, he's got a long way to go.

Also, Yanic! That pretty much says it all to me. Dribbling isn't the be all and end all.
    He's not the finished product that's for sure, but his potential ceiling is very high.
    Pulis has managed to get a lot more out of him than previous managers, I think warnock would too, he lets his wingers have a go and not too worried about keeping possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's not the finished product that's for sure, but his potential ceiling is very high.
    Pulis has managed to get a lot more out of him than previous managers, I think warnock would too, he lets his wingers have a go and not too worried about keeping possession.
    At a risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm sure if we're in a position to gamble on potential. He's a very exciting player but got marked out of the game by Alan Hutton recently.

At a risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm sure if we're in a position to gamble on potential. He's a very exciting player but got marked out of the game by Alan Hutton recently.
    Yeah, he probably is too much of a gamble, given how much it would cost to prize him away. Which is a pity as the potential upside is massive. I wouldn't read too much into the villa games though. In the 2-3 months before that he was just about the best player in the league

That phrase is probably lost on the youth of today. And how many people still say that they 'tape' stuff on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That phrase is probably lost on the youth of today. And how many people still say that they 'tape' stuff on TV?
    Sadly very few.

What does it mean?