+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That phrase is probably lost on the youth of today. And how many people still say that they 'tape' stuff on TV?
    Sadly very few.

What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Fixed
    Correct .

That Patterson guy was a right waste of money , how could anyone be as stupid to believe he could play at the highest level with the incredible, the mighty , Bloobirds..............

Blue in the Face

Morgan Schneiderlin is apparently up for sale. Could his massive wages be offset by a big sign on fee?
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/06...n-up-for-sale/

Patterson still has to prove himself at the highest level Jock, I hope he does but have my doubts that’s why Warnock is looking for a no 10 and right back?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Morgan Schneiderlin is apparently up for sale. Could his massive wages be offset by a big sign on fee?
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/06...n-up-for-sale/
    Be amazed if we could - another one who I could only see us signing on loan and, although his career has gone off the rails a bit since leaving Southampton, I'd bet we'd have some serious Premier League competition if we did try for him, very unlikely in my opinion.

Marcus Edwards is apparently on his way at spurs. Was very highly rated, but seems to have become frustrated with little game time, word from spurs is he didn't have the right attitude.
    Went to Fulham on loan but seems to have only played 6 minutes, so not sure what's happened there

Marcus Edwards is apparently on his way at spurs. Was very highly rated, but seems to have become frustrated with little game time, word from spurs is he didn't have the right attitude.
    Went to Fulham on loan but seems to have only played 6 minutes, so not sure what's happened there
    Went to Norwich didn't he? They sent him back early, and still had to pay his wages for the time. Depends what happened but the rumours weren't good about his attitude, which wouldn't go down too well with our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Went to Norwich didn't he? They sent him back early, and still had to pay his wages for the time. Depends what happened but the rumours weren't good about his attitude, which wouldn't go down too well with our squad.
    Yeah you're totally right, went to Norwich, and only played 6 minutes against Fulham.
    Went in January, I guess as squad cover in case they got sucked into a relegation battle. Once they were safe mid table, with no chance of the playoffs either then I guess there wasn't any point in him being there, no point in giving him game time if you can develop one of your own youngsters.
    If he had a bad attitude as well that would have made that decision easier.

Blue in the Face

The Championship free agents Cardiff City could sign for nothing this summer
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-free-14759359

Can we just sign someone so Wales Online have something to write about?

Young winger playing in Australia Daniel Arzani, scored for the socceroos, will be the youngest player at the world cup. Is very quick and has a bit of skill

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The "POPPY" is a symbol of PEACE not war.

My son and I have lost some very close friends in Iraq & Afgan and the least this fella could do, is show respect for the boys & girls who are defending his family now, not looking to the past.

History is past, The Empire, Slavery and the such are in the past, we all have to look to the future and our children and grand-children, and make this a world that's safe for them.
    Not this poppy shite again.

As others have mentioned earlier, I'd expect a signing or two from north of the border. Here's a couple I think would be a good shout:

Central midfielder John McGinn at Hibbs would be a great signing in my opinion. Box to box, bags of energy and has a great eye for a pass. Still only 23 too. There's talk Celtic are sniffing around at the £5m price range.

Rangers right back James Tavernier would also be a good one too, likes to get forward and can deliver decent balls in to the box. Championship clubs were interested in January, and there's been rumours that Palace have had a look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    As others have mentioned earlier, I'd expect a signing or two from north of the border. Here's a couple I think would be a good shout:

Central midfielder John McGinn at Hibbs would be a great signing in my opinion. Box to box, bags of energy and has a great eye for a pass. Still only 23 too. There's talk Celtic are sniffing around at the £5m price range.

Rangers right back James Tavernier would also be a good one too, likes to get forward and can deliver decent balls in to the box. Championship clubs were interested in January, and there's been rumours that Palace have had a look at him.
    He's someone I wouldn't mind seeing come here.

Not sure if it's been posted but talk of Ryan Woods going to WBA for £6m. I think that's pretty decent value for a player I've always rated. I'd love to have him here. strong in the tackle and can play when he gets it. WBA are also looking at Sawyers at Brentford and Reid of Bristol City. Wouldn't mind either here. Would think it's a slightly strange move for Reid, I'd expect him to wind his contract down and move to the Prem on a free, or go to a Prem club now.

I just put the names of Jordan Hugill and Ollie Watkins into another thread and I'd like to add to that the name Mason Mount who is a youngster at Chelsea.

I watched him a few times for Chelsea youth and thought he was brilliant. He was on loan with Vitesse Arnhem last season and done really well there.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I just put the names of Jordan Hugill and Ollie Watkins into another thread and I'd like to add to that the name Mason Mount who is a youngster at Chelsea.

I watched him a few times for Chelsea youth and thought he was brilliant. He was on loan with Vitesse Arnhem last season and done really well there.
    Think they are already mentioned on this thread, Watkins plays in the same position as the Norwich lad we have just signed, so perhaps not, unless hoilet leaves.

Agree about mason mount, I think that would have to be a loan though, as Chelsea really rate him

Think they are already mentioned on this thread, Watkins plays in the same position as the Norwich lad we have just signed, so perhaps not, unless hoilet leaves.

Agree about mason mount, I think that would have to be a loan though, as Chelsea really rate him
    Yeah I was thinking loan as premier league football would now be the next step of his development surely.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yeah I was thinking loan as premier league football would now be the next step of his development surely.
    Yeah either that or one of the Dutch teams in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted but talk of Ryan Woods going to WBA for £6m. I think that's pretty decent value for a player I've always rated. I'd love to have him here. strong in the tackle and can play when he gets it. WBA are also looking at Sawyers at Brentford and Reid of Bristol City. Wouldn't mind either here. Would think it's a slightly strange move for Reid, I'd expect him to wind his contract down and move to the Prem on a free, or go to a Prem club now.
    That would be an absolute bargain in today's market. I would love to see Woods here but gather there were a number of Premier clubs in for him last season but at 6m he would be a snip.