+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Keisuke Honda I think is available on a free in the summer
    Could sell a few shirts in Japan lol
    I hear red is very popular over there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Deffo go for Joe Allen, was going to say Harry Wilson as I thought he was out of contract. Didn't realise he signed a new deal in January.
    West Ham bid £20m for him in January. I don't think we are in the market for players costing that much.

Paul onoachu
    6ft 8 striker

Our Neil has probably been planning his top tier squad for about 20 years so we're in good hands at least.

Keisuke Honda I think is available on a free in the summer
    Could sell a few shirts in Japan lol
    Hell of an engine on him apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Our Neil has probably been planning his top tier squad for about 20 years so we're in good hands at least.
    I hope he has refreshed his list!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    As a player yes. As a person never.
    Not even as a player now. Wouldn’t get in our current starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    However he's exactly the sort of player our genius manager would want.

In fairness a centre back partnership of him and Morrison would be very very strong
    Have you watched him at all this season or is your opinion based on years gone by. Backwards step in my opinion

I would like Peter Crouch ONLY on a heavily reduced wage with a pay to play structure in place. Would not expect him to start/play in more than a dozen games over the course of the season, but would be a great personality to have in the dressing room, he is Mr Premier league and would do a lot of for the other boys walking in in the morning and seeing him around the place.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I would like Peter Crouch ONLY on a heavily reduced wage with a pay to play structure in place. Would not expect him to start/play in more than a dozen games over the course of the season, but would be a great personality to have in the dressing room, he is Mr Premier league and would do a lot of for the other boys walking in in the morning and seeing him around the place.
    Waste of money IMO. Without checking he must be in his late 30's now.. If we're going to sign an experienced big guy, Andy Carroll would be ideal, probs on massive wages though...

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Waste of money IMO. Without checking he must be in his late 30's now.. If we're going to sign an experienced big guy, Andy Carroll would be ideal, probs on massive wages though...
    Or a younger riskier route would be Paul onoachu.
    Has scored a few in Europe though

Barry Bannan please. It's a no lose signing. Can play in the top league and could be key in getting us back up if we did go down. Brilliant football brain and links everything so well.

Or a younger riskier route would be Paul onoachu.
    Has scored a few in Europe though
    Never heard of him until now.. looking at wikipedia though, a 23 year old, 6'7 fella who can score goals sounds amazing.. Not sure why but I've really enjoyed us being described as a team of giants by opposing fans this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Never heard of him until now.. looking at wikipedia though, a 23 year old, 6'7 fella who can score goals sounds amazing.. Not sure why but I've really enjoyed us being described as a team of giants by opposing fans this season!
    I think he'll move to a bigger league soon.
    Not as quick as our current attack, bit offers something different as is unsurprisingly very good in the air. Is a big threat from set pieces

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    David Brooks
    He was the player mentioned by Neil Warnock when he was asked which Championship player he'd like to sign at that meeting with fans back in November - albeit he qualified that by saying that he is only really interested in the players in his own team during a game and doesn't tend to notice.individual players in the opposition.
    I was watching Chelsea v Liverpool yesterday and wondered about the possibility of trying to sign Nathaniel Clyne on loan. There are, seemingly, two good young right backs in front of him at Anfield now, Klopp has shown he is willing to business with Warnock when it comes to loaning out players (I'm not sure there are too many other Premier League managers who be willing to do that with Neil Warnock and I believe I'm right in saying Clyde played under Warnock at Palace.

Matt Phillips and Joe Allen for a start for me. And the West Brom centre half who punched Salah is quality too.

Raiding Bristol again, I think Flint would be a better and cheaper option than Shawcross.
    Exactly the sort of signing Warnock would go for as well I reckon - it would be wrong to say our manager only targets tall players, but I can't help thinking that many of the names mentioned in this thread are either not big and/or strong enough physically to appeal to Warnock.

Forestieri and Bannan
    Yes! I have been a fan of Bannan for years. Great player to have in your midfield.
    Spedger

Forestieri and Bannan
    Don’t think these two will cut it, get a couple players off stoke, and rondon from West Brom

I like the look of Adam Reach form Wednesday as well. A bit inconsistent maybe but so have Wednesday been. Possess lovely technique and gets on the ball as much as he can. Left sided and can play wing back/winger so would supplement what we have nicely.

Troy Deeney seems the sort of player Warnock could rejuvenate. Maybe Andre grey too.

That ex Burnley lad at Liverpool is out of our reach but someone like him would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Tom Cairney, how much would he cost if Fulham fail to get promoted?
    Didn't Newcastle offer 15 million? Got turned down last year.

Mind you, but OT but it would be a shame to see that Fulham side ripped up if they don't go up.

Not really given it much though yet, but I 1 million percent agree with Ryan Woods.

Tom Cairny is way out of our league.m
    Plus he’s on 50k a week at Fulham.

Cairney knocked back West Ham to stay with Fulham. Could have demanded the move. He is on huge money as well at Fulham so you would have to raise that and that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've been saying that Vokes is a perfect fit for months but is he prolific enough?
    Keep Madine if we're going for Vokes. Hardly a great difference IMO.