+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Re: Realistic Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m not talking bollocks he’s done it and is doing it now.
    Bollocks.

Snodgrass is no better than what we have. All he would bring is whinging, diving, and fouling to make up for his lack of ability. Like everywhere else he's been. I can't stand the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On the other hand, I reckon Snodgrass would take our dead ball delivery up another level and I can see that being very important for us next season.
    Charlie Adam could sort that out.

I was watching Peter Crouch 100 club on Sky the other day and what struck me was the amount of goals he scored with attacks started from deep by Charlie Adam. He could add accuracy though our hoofball as well take our dead balls up a level.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bollocks.
    He did it with Kyle Walker last season
    He did it with Danny Rose and Alderweireld last season. He even did it at Southampton, he’s got form for it and it’s even been in most papers when he does it.

I go to about 3 or 4 spurs matches a season because I used to live with 2 lads who supported spurs and they all know how Pochettino handles any player who wants to leave.

He did it with Kyle Walker last season
    He did it with Danny Rose and Alderweireld last season. He even did it at Southampton, he’s got form for it and it’s even been in most papers when he does it.

I go to about 3 or 4 spurs matches a season because I used to live with 2 lads who supported spurs and they all know how Pochettino handles any player who wants to leave.
    On the other hand Davies this season has been better than most rose seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    On the other hand Davies this season has been better than most rose seasons
    The one point that counts.

Davies has had an excellent season, probably the best of his career. But people were calling Rose shit about a page ago and he’s england’s Left back and wanted by Man City ffs.

Davies has taken his chance just like trippier did but they got that chance because of how Pochettino deals with want away players. Same with Sanchez in the middle.

Wilfred Zaha might feel he has some unfinished business...

Davies has had an excellent season, probably the best of his career. But people were calling Rose shit about a page ago and he’s england’s Left back and wanted by Man City ffs.

Davies has taken his chance just like trippier did but they got that chance because of how Pochettino deals with want away players. Same with Sanchez in the middle.
    England's left back. And you seem to believe he's not shit? Man City? Yeah ok. Every player in the world within their budget and they want Danny "I scored a worldie against Arsenal, y'know" Rose? Christ, half their squad would have to google HIS name...

There were rumours Man Yoo wanted him which is why Rose acted like a bitch pre-season. Given the way Mourinho has disgracefully treated Luke Shaw, I'd suggest Mourinho and Rose would be a perfect fit.

I’m not talking bollocks he’s done it and is doing it now.
    Definitely but you can't go out public that the club isn't paying the players enough money, he'll end up in Manchester next season and I'm a big Davies but he's not as good as rose and he would be a perfect for man city

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Charlie Adam could sort that out.

I was watching Peter Crouch 100 club on Sky the other day and what struck me was the amount of goals he scored with attacks started from deep by Charlie Adam. He could add accuracy though our hoofball as well take our dead balls up a level.
    As much as he broke my heart the **** he would be a good signing but has he got the legs that Warnock seems to like in a midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    As much as he broke my heart the **** he would be a good signing but has he got the legs that Warnock seems to like in a midfielder
    No thanks, 5 years too late

I wonder if Leicester bring in a new striker they will let Kelechi Iheanacho go, possibly on loan?

Doesn't seem to be getting much of a chance there, but his stats are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if Leicester bring in a new striker they will let Kelechi Iheanacho go, possibly on loan?

Doesn't seem to be getting much of a chance there, but his stats are still good.
    That would be a decent signing depending on how we will set up. If we bypass the midfield then it will be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That would be a decent signing depending on how we will set up. If we bypass the midfield then it will be pointless.
    I don't see why he couldn't thrive in a direct style of football, perhaps alongside someone to hold the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    While he's a good player, every other winger we have is rapid. Snodgrass is pretty pedestrian, so not sure he fits the current Warnock template for a winger in this City side.
    I realise he's someone who will divide opinion, but our gaffer's opinion will be the one that counts in the end! He comes with baggage for sure, but I would take the version who was at Hull during their stint in the Premier as he was unplayable at times in a very poor side he was by far their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    That could do a job in the big league, I'd like to see is Ryan Woods from Brentford and Mitrovic from Newcastle (on loan at Fulham) as a start.......
    How will we play in the Prem? Can we keep playing the way we have this year? Any new players will have to fit into a plan, a way of playing, so I just wonder what NW and his team will do about this. I don't think we'd get far as we've been playing but then if he gets the right players we might.

I'd like to see more possession, less ball in the air and more on the ground, but if it works I'll love it whatever it is. NW will work it out I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    England's left back. And you seem to believe he's not shit? Man City? Yeah ok. Every player in the world within their budget and they want Danny "I scored a worldie against Arsenal, y'know" Rose? Christ, half their squad would have to google HIS name...

There were rumours Man Yoo wanted him which is why Rose acted like a bitch pre-season. Given the way Mourinho has disgracefully treated Luke Shaw, I'd suggest Mourinho and Rose would be a perfect fit.
    It’s like you haven’t watched him since that goal against arsenal. He’s a very good player and is wanted by both Manchester clubs.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...cks-danny-rose

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ma...ttenham-108870

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I realise he's someone who will divide opinion, but our gaffer's opinion will be the one that counts in the end! He comes with baggage for sure, but I would take the version who was at Hull during their stint in the Premier as he was unplayable at times in a very poor side he was by far their best player.
    He's a good player but he doesn't fit our current system, that's clear to see. Warnock's suggesting he's not going to change too much so we have to buy players that fit exactly into it, not good players that don't. I don't think anyone would be gutted we signed Snodgrass but everyone we've played wide this season is quick/direct and he isn't.

Brentford are worth a look. Seen Wood, Watkins And Sawyers mentioned on here. All good players. I think Sawyers looks an excellent footballer from the bits n bobs I have seen. Wants the ball all the time. Scores a few goals and has the most completed passes in the Brentford team from last year. They way they play though some of them might just be short simple ones but I think that's one thing we don't do that well. He wanted the ball all the time against us even when we were getting the better of them Not sure he's a Warnock 2 way type player but he was getting stuck in against us. Dean Smith took him with him from Wallsall to Brentford so obviously rates him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's a good player but he doesn't fit our current system, that's clear to see. Warnock's suggesting he's not going to change too much so we have to buy players that fit exactly into it, not good players that don't. I don't think anyone would be gutted we signed Snodgrass but everyone we've played wide this season is quick/direct and he isn't.
    Absolutely this.

We need to be the best version of what we have done to get us this far.
    A muddled halfway house is always a disaster.

I was hoping we’d sign James Maddison but he’s been touted for silly money.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I was hoping we’d sign James Maddison but he’s been touted for silly money.
    Yeah would be nice, maybe worth a cheeky bid. If nobody comes in with silly money then you never know

There's a fella who plays for Genk in Belgium, Sander Berge.
    Young, physical defensive midfielder who can pass and dribble.
    A whole raft of bigger clubs have been linked,think he's rated at about €10m

Might be a bit of a gamble for us, whereas the other clubs mentioned can afford to risk that and bung him in the reserves just in case he turns out to be great, but apparently he's very highly rated.

6 foot 3 too

I notice Hamburg got relegated - time to bring Holtby back to the Premier League?