+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Signings

Blue in the Face

Re: Realistic Signings

Cole Dasilva released from Chelsea. Our DVP needs a left back. Think we should offer him a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Cole Dasilva released from Chelsea. Our DVP needs a left back. Think we should offer him a trial.
    Isn't Abubrazze (sp) a left back BITF?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Isn't Abubrazze (sp) a left back BITF?
    Yes mate, he has been. Think he may have been released though sadly.

Actually both Dasilva and Abruzzesse have similar disadvantages height and physicality wise they would need to overcome if they were to make it. But Cole's older brother Jay seems to be doing just fine with the same frame.

Cole is one or two years younger than Rhys, so my thinking is, he may have more development time to overtake. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Yes mate, he has been. Think he may have been released though sadly.

Actually both Dasilva and Abruzzesse have similar disadvantages height and physicality wise they would need to overcome if they were to make it. But Cole's older brother Jay seems to be doing just fine with the same frame.

Cole is one or two years younger than Rhys, so my thinking is, he may have more development time to overtake. If that makes sense.
    Really shocked to hear that Abruzzesse (thanks for spelling)!! Has been released. Have never seen him play for city however I have seen entire 90 min Wales U21 games normally as a result of links you have provided btw!! And he has usually been one of our better players.

Think it was the U21 game away with Switzerland where he was left back and Coxe at right back and both had fantastic games during our 3 nil victory. Brooks naturally took the headlines in that game for his display but both our full backs acquitted themselves very well throughout. Since when should full backs be 6 foot, never happened when I was a lad!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Tom Cairney, how much would he cost if Fulham fail to get promoted?
    He is likely to join an established Premier club...

No midfield ????

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    No midfield ????
    We don't use the midfield

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Really shocked to hear that Abruzzesse (thanks for spelling)!! Has been released. Have never seen him play for city however I have seen entire 90 min Wales U21 games normally as a result of links you have provided btw!! And he has usually been one of our better players.

Think it was the U21 game away with Switzerland where he was left back and Coxe at right back and both had fantastic games during our 3 nil victory. Brooks naturally took the headlines in that game for his display but both our full backs acquitted themselves very well throughout. Since when should full backs be 6 foot, never happened when I was a lad!!!!!
    Not sure what you're thanking me for, I still spelt Abbruzzese's name wrong That was my first attempt at writing his name without googling and I failed.

On a serious note, I could be wrong on that. I'm just parroting what I read on here. I remember the Swiss game also. He does have potential but I wonder if, because he is now 20, he might be one of the few types of footballer who is better off finding a club that really wants to invest in him long term. Anyway, I should wait for the club to announce the retain list before posting.

McClean open to a move. A workhorse with attitude. He would fit our style better against some of the big teams when you don't have much of the ball. Ireland's tactics were to hit teams on the counter with his pace.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...-move-12573870

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    McClean open to a move. A workhorse with attitude. He would fit our style better against some of the big teams when you don't have much of the ball. Ireland's tactics were to hit teams on the counter with his pace.

Not a fan

I would have thought he'd rather stay at Benfica than join a club like us, unless one of the big teams comes in for him.
    What would his value be? 20m+

If Fulham beat Villa on Saturday perhaps Villa’s Conor Hourihane would be of interest. Don’t know if he would be affordable but could be the type of mid-fielder we need. Apologies if he has been mentioned before. Another player who might be available is Bamford at ‘Boro, lots of talent but probably not a Warnock type.

I would have thought he'd rather stay at Benfica than join a club like us, unless one of the big teams comes in for him.
    What would his value be? 20m+
    No idea, I'd never heard of him before posting that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Not a fan
    I'll go further, I dislike the tw^t immensely, so it's a defo no from me.

Is that just because he doesn’t wear a poppy though?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is that just because he doesn’t wear a poppy though?
    Possibly !

Well you need to try and see something from someone else’s point of view rather than just hating them because they have a different opinion to you.

The history of the U.K. and Ireland is really complicated and while I don’t agree with his stance of seeing the poppy as a representation of the British army but I accept that he thinks that. And if he was brought up in somewhere occupied by the British army and had family members killed by them I could see why he’d rather not wear one.

We fought in 2 world wars so people could have different opinions. Hating someone for that is a bit short sighted imo.

Absolute tosser of the highest order, and I don't care he doesn't wear a poppy. He's also a squad player for WBA, so he's hardly brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Well you need to try and see something from someone else’s point of view rather than just hating them because they have a different opinion to you.

The history of the U.K. and Ireland is really complicated and while I don’t agree with his stance of seeing the poppy as a representation of the British army but I accept that he thinks that. And if he was brought up in somewhere occupied by the British army and had family members killed by them I could see why he’d rather not wear one.

We fought in 2 world wars so people could have different opinions. Hating someone for that is a bit short sighted imo.
    The "POPPY" is a symbol of PEACE not war.

My son and I have lost some very close friends in Iraq & Afgan and the least this fella could do, is show respect for the boys & girls who are defending his family now, not looking to the past.

History is past, The Empire, Slavery and the such are in the past, we all have to look to the future and our children and grand-children, and make this a world that's safe for them.

I don't wear a Poppy, and I think he's a tosser

I don't wear a Poppy, and I think he's a tosser
    Why is he 'a tosser'?

I usually wear a red poppy but not always (would prefer to wear a white one but never see them on sale up my way). When I do I am remembering the dead of wars from WW1 onwards - soldiers and civilians from all sides. However, I am not blind to the way many people in the media and political parties use the poppy - as a symbol of support for wars the UK has participated in, and a way of drowning out opposition. The moral pressure to conform has grown in my lifetime, and it takes some bravery to resist. James McClean has taken a clear stance based on his own experience and that of his home community - and stood firm in the face of a deluge of abuse. I admire him for that. No amount of shouting that the poppy is a symbol of peace will change his view that it is a celebration of the UK armed forces who were responsible for Bloody Sunday. Is that why he is 'a tosser' or is it something else?

Anyway, it looks as if he's on his way to Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why is he 'a tosser'?

I usually wear a red poppy but not always (would prefer to wear a white one but never see them on sale up my way). When I do I am remembering the dead of wars from WW1 onwards - soldiers and civilians from all sides. However, I am not blind to the way many people in the media and political parties use the poppy - as a symbol of support for wars the UK has participated in, and a way of drowning out opposition. The moral pressure to conform has grown in my lifetime, and it takes some bravery to resist. James McClean has taken a clear stance based on his own experience and that of his home community - and stood firm in the face of a deluge of abuse. I admire him for that. No amount of shouting that the poppy is a symbol of peace will change his view that it is a celebration of the UK armed forces who were responsible for Bloody Sunday. Is that why he is 'a tosser' or is it something else?

Anyway, it looks as if he's on his way to Stoke.
    I just find him generally irritating, nothing to do with the poppy stuff.
    Some people just annoy me.

I just find him generally irritating, nothing to do with the poppy stuff.
    Some people just annoy me.
    His coward tackles for one, I don't enjoy. Stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6G5-4Dha0

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Mason Mount on loan from Chelsea.
    He's just had an excellent season in vitesse.
    Was their player of the season, 9 goals and 8 assists from the equivalent of 24 games, that's excellent output.
    Would only be available on loan though and we don't really play with a 10 that much