+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW said 5 or 6 new players .... so where do we need them?

NW said 5 or 6 new players .... so where do we need them?

A keeper to challenge Etheridge for the number 1 place.

A centre forward, same style or options? (Zahore, Madine, Ward, Pilkington & Bogle & Healey all contracted)

A creative midfielder (or 2) something we're desperately needing, although with Grujic left out maybe NW doesn't see the need. I think we've seen the last of Tomlin.

A wide player as competition for Hoilett (if he extend his contract) & NML

Fullback cover on the right

Cover for Morrison & Bamba.

NW will only buy players who will fit into his ethics and the important thing is too keep the core and spirit that got us promoted.

Re: NW said 5 or 6 new players .... so where do we need them?

A right back , winger , 2 midfielders in the centre (all these as a minimum straight into the 1st 11). Striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

NW will only buy players who will fit into his ethics and the important thing is too keep the core and spirit that got us promoted.
    This is key to me. We’ll need to add quality and creativity to stay up, but also keep the essence of that spirit and identity that has made the difference this season.

An experienced goalscoring striker.

In the Kevin Phillips mould

We've been crying out for a cool head up front in the last few weeks.

We need someone who can score ! Yesterday showed that when those half chances come along , we need to take one !
    Also we will need to retain the ball more , if we give it away too much we may end up on the back of some hidings !

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A right back , winger , 2 midfielders in the centre (all these as a minimum straight into the 1st 11). Striker.
    This is how I see it. I'd stick with Murphy as back up to ethridge as he's never let us down I would also sign Bryson as we will need his energy the bloke doesn't stop running

An out an out goalscorer, a right back who can go forward and whole new midfield for me.

I thought Tomlin was just what we needed if we were desperate for a goal yesterday. It’s a shame NW doesn’t think of him as a midfielder as he does with Patterson. He’s said in the past he’s an attacker.

As for who we sign , I got the impression from yesterday’s press conference it will be hard working , affordable players from the championship, with ambition and who want to be here.

I think Matt Phillips would be a good signing if wba go down. I think we are in desperate need of a striker and a centre mid, as well as 2 fullbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    A keeper to challenge Etheridge for the number 1 place.

A centre forward, same style or options? (Zahore, Madine, Ward, Pilkington & Bogle & Healey all contracted)

A creative midfielder (or 2) something we're desperately needing, although with Grujic left out maybe NW doesn't see the need. I think we've seen the last of Tomlin.

A wide player as competition for Hoilett (if he extend his contract) & NML

Fullback cover on the right

Cover for Morrison & Bamba.

No team can survive in the premiership without a striker who can convert the few opportunities that will come his way or be seen as a threat.
    We have created a lot of opportunities this season, scored a lot of goals but do not have one of the leagues top goal scorers.
    Yesterday KH had a number of chances. Sadly they were fluffed or blasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I thought Tomlin was just what we needed if we were desperate for a goal yesterday. It’s a shame NW doesn’t think of him as a midfielder as he does with Patterson. He’s said in the past he’s an attacker.

As for who we sign , I got the impression from yesterday’s press conference it will be hard working , affordable players from the championship, with ambition and who want to be here.
    And as far as I am concerned that is exactly the type of player that would make me very happy. Maybe the odd player from the French/Belgian leagues. Loic Darmour did well up to a point for us early in the season but I don't see him being around next season. The last thing we need is expensive players who are only here for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    No team can survive in the premiership without a striker who can convert the few opportunities that will come his way or be seen as a threat.
    We have created a lot of opportunities this season, scored a lot of goals but do not have one of the leagues top goal scorers.
    Yesterday KH had a number of chances. Sadly they were fluffed or blasted.
    Not sure about that.

Palace's top striker is Benteke with 3. Newcastle have Perez on 6. Huddersfield have Mounie on 7. Watford have two on 5. Swansea, Southampton and Bournemouth have 7.

Last time, Fraizer was our top scoring striker on 6.

Teams need points and goal scoring strikers are not the only way to get points.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not sure about that.

Palace's top striker is Benteke with 3. Newcastle have Perez on 6. Huddersfield have Mounie on 7. Watford have two on 5. Swansea, Southampton and Bournemouth have 7.

Last time, Fraizer was our top scoring striker on 6.

Teams need points and goal scoring strikers are not the only way to get points.
    I think this is a good point and well made.
    KZ will score goals if he can get the delivery to his feet. To do this we need to improve our midfield and get Paterson if he stays to take the pressure off a little by competing in the air against the opposition centre backs more often
    It’slike Tetris because if you do that it leaves space for the opposition but again if we have the right midfield ...and so the reflection rolls on

In Warnock we trust to do what needs doing 👍

My humble opinion is that we could leave the goal keepers as they are with Etheridge and Murphy. I do think the defence needs strengthening and we could also bring two midfielders in but the biggest challenge for Warnock by far will be to bring in a proven goal scorer without looking abroad and paying silly money. Warnock will use his wealth of experience and seek to bring in players who want to play in the Premiership for Cardiff City fc from the UK and will not make the same mistakes as Malky MacKay. Success for the Bluebirds.

I was thinking after the game that I would be quite happy to see those 11 start the first game in the Prem.. Decent back 5. Combative 3 in midfield. 2 wingers who track back and Ken up front. Jazz and Manga are adequate defensive cover in a match day squad, but we lack any cover or options in mid or up front. Don't think Neil wants a creative Number 10 so someone like a more mature Grujic or two would be good. Then 3 as good options up front (2 wide men and a centre forward). Is there anyone in the relegated clubs or in the 3 who miss-out in the Play-Offs. Jerome, the two Ayews, Carroll, Mitrovic from Newcastle, Maclean who would fill those 5 spots?

If Warnock is saying we need 5-6 players, I'm assuming at least 4 of those would be regular starters, otherwise there would be no point bringing in players that are only on a par with what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    I was thinking after the game that I would be quite happy to see those 11 start the first game in the Prem.. Decent back 5. Combative 3 in midfield. 2 wingers who track back and Ken up front. Jazz and Manga are adequate defensive cover in a match day squad, but we lack any cover or options in mid or up front. Don't think Neil wants a creative Number 10 so someone like a more mature Grujic or two would be good. Then 3 as good options up front (2 wide men and a centre forward). Is there anyone in the relegated clubs or in the 3 who miss-out in the Play-Offs. Jerome, the two Ayews, Carroll, Mitrovic from Newcastle, Maclean who would fill those 5 spots?
    Think Andy Carroll and Mitrovich would be excellent for us, not sure if out of our range or not though..

For me I’d look to add strength at

Full back both sides
    Holding midfield
    On both wings

Maybe up front but I’m a huge Ken fan so he has to be given the chance to prove himself for me

If you think back to the Man City game we may need 11 new players as we were chasing shadows that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If you think back to the Man City game we may need 11 new players as we were chasing shadows that day.
    Yeah you’re right it’s the team 15 points clear we should be matching not the other 12 teams they’ve hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Manchester City are head and shoulders above the rest of that division and have given teams bigger hidings than they gave us. Basing our survival chances and whether or not we should bring in new players off of a one-off game against Manchester City is pointless and bordering on lunacy

A new right back, a quality midfielder and a new striker

If West Brom go down I'd quite like to bring in Rondon, a hard worker who's only 28 and has a decent goal scoring record for West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Manchester City are head and shoulders above the rest of that division and have given teams bigger hidings than they gave us. Basing our survival chances and whether or not we should bring in new players off of a one-off game against Manchester City is pointless and bordering on lunacy
    Just saying like

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Think Andy Carroll and Mitrovich would be excellent for us, not sure if out of our range or not though..
    Carrol would be terrible. Sky high wages and always injured. No thanks.

As for Mitrovich , the trouble is attracting players to Cardiff as a place as much as it is attracting them to our club. That’s why the London clubs tend to get the bigger names.

it will all be about the players who go down... the golden oldies

do the likes of crouch have another season in him ? charlie adams too ? or stephen ireland...

would love berahino lol but he will go onto to a club higher up no doubt...

and the likes of gareth barry... robson-kanu might be a decent steal if they go down

james collins... ?

can deffo see an old timer or 2 coming in