+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NW said 5 or 6 new players .... so where do we need them?

Re: NW said 5 or 6 new players .... so where do we need them?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    would love berahino lol but he will go onto to a club higher up no doubt...
    Has he actually scored a goal for Stoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    An out an out goalscorer, a right back who can go forward and whole new midfield for me.
    'Whole new midfield' - lol. From Ikea or something? ;-)

(I think that is a bit harsh btw - Ralls for one has been superb and deserves a chance)

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    it will all be about the players who go down... the golden oldies

do the likes of crouch have another season in him ? charlie adams too ? or stephen ireland...

would love berahino lol but he will go onto to a club higher up no doubt...

and the likes of gareth barry... robson-kanu might be a decent steal if they go down

james collins... ?

can deffo see an old timer or 2 coming in
    Old timers ? !!. You mean geriatrics if we sign that lot - Barry is 37, Crouch 37, Collins nearly 35, Adam 33 and Ireland pushing 32. Surely we have to have higher aspirations than that. Berahino has also proved himself to be a waste of space as well. He cant even get into Stokes side currently, neither can Robson-Kanu. None of those players are better than we have got currently.

We need a right back and a keeper to challenge Etheridge, otherwise I can't see us tinkering with the defense too much. Perhaps a young centre back with potential. We definitely need someone who can put his foot on the ball and pass it in the middle, perhaps someone busy like Ryan Woods, or ambitiously Joe Allen. Another winger, as NML has blown really hot and cold and we need a striker. I'd not rule out Zohore being effective in the Prem but I wouldn't be surprised if we go for Grabban, Andre Gray etc. They'll need to play on their own, so I can't see it being an Ings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Think Andy Carroll and Mitrovich would be excellent for us, not sure if out of our range or not though..
    Carroll can't stay fit and would cost an absolute fortune. He can't be relied upon and we'd need to rely on him. Mitro though, perhaps.

A couple of these players will be loans so they might be big names.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Old timers ? !!. You mean geriatrics if we sign that lot - Barry is 37, Crouch 37, Collins nearly 35, Adam 33 and Ireland pushing 32. Surely we have to have higher aspirations than that. Berahino has also proved himself to be a waste of space as well. He cant even get into Stokes side currently, neither can Robson-Kanu. None of those players are better than we have got currently.

I think we've just got to trust NW.

Whilst I think you're right with Barry and Crouch; people could have said Bamba was the wrong side of 30 and a Leeds reject. NW has a good habit of seeing things other managers don't, and bringing out the best in players who may have lost their way.

I'd be happy with Collins and Robson-Kanu. And if we're looking at Welshies, I also think Ledley would do a job for us in midfield.

Mitrovic would be a fantastic signing if Fulham don't go up, can't see it happening though

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I'm almost wishing we did sign that bunch of old fogeys now, because, after that post, I'd be fascinated to see how you went about defending them once they were our players .

I agree with you by the way.

The Daily Mail, which I'd say has as good a record as any of the national papers when it comes to the accuracy of their City stories, were saying yesterday that Warnock was looking to sign eight new players;-

a goalkeeper to increase competition for the first team shirt
    two defenders
    three midfielders
    two forwards

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Daily Mail, which I'd say has as good a record as any of the national papers when it comes to the accuracy of their City stories, were saying yesterday that Warnock was looking to sign eight new players;-

a goalkeeper to increase competition for the first team shirt
    two defenders
    three midfielders
    two forwards
    WalesOnline said similar so it must be true!

Benteke has had a nightmare at Palace but would be the sort of player Warnock would like, shame he’s on 120k a week!