+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Labour keeps on giving .

New Labour keeps on giving .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44025187

Poor tweet / comment from Lord Adonis about new Home Secretary
    "I just want to settle in, get organised, then deport my parents!"

Great reply:

"Your better than this " Lord Adonis

Still awaiting the friendly Labour party to arrive .

Re: New Labour keeps on giving .

It was a cartoon. Are they going to ban satire next? No more Have I Got News For You?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was a cartoon. Are they going to ban satire next? No more Have I Got News For You?
    Satire is for comedians not politicians....Hang on a minute - You may be right

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's another step towards the shutting down of free speech, and it is always accompanied by a demand for an apology, even a rabid right-wing loon should realise that

It's another step towards the shutting down of free speech, and it is always accompanied by a demand for an apology, even a rabid right-wing loon should realise that
    Who demanded an apology?

Who demanded an apology?
    The collective criticism. You see it everywhere now.

The collective criticism. You see it everywhere now.
    Criticism - yes; Demanding an apology - No.

That's almost like saying Tan apologised yesterday

Its not satire ,its down right nastiness, from someone who is not known on the comedy circuit ,mind you he has history

"Adviser Lord Adonis facing calls to go, after appearing to draw similarities the fallout of leaving the EU to British negotiations with Hitler in the lead up to the Second World War"

And they call Boris outlandish ( which he is ).

Whats the saying , when in the green house dont throw ?

Again a party I thought knew better and were above this ,perhaps they have changed ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its not satire ,its down right nastiness, from someone who is not known on the comedy circuit ,mind you he has history

"Adviser Lord Adonis facing calls to go, after appearing to draw similarities the fallout of leaving the EU to British negotiations with Hitler in the lead up to the Second World War"

And they call Boris outlandish ( which he is ).

Whats the saying , when in the green house dont throw ?

Again a party I thought knew better and were above this ,perhaps they have changed ??
    Modern politics, someone makes a mistake the oppo party climbs all over it and demands resignation.

It's like believing that politicians actually cared about the wind rush mob and it was nothing to do with scoring points.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Modern politics, someone makes a mistake the oppo party climbs all over it and demands resignation.

It's like believing that politicians actually cared about the wind rush mob and it was nothing to do with scoring points.
    Yes I'm sure kicking the Windrush debate about pre local elections was a vote gatherer, not so vocal now.

Yes I'm sure kicking the Windrush debate about pre local elections was a vote gatherer, not so vocal now.
    It's a dog and pony show, they only care about themselves, and the masters who they serve.

The guy who tweeted the cartoon didn't draw it, he just forwarded it. It's like me posting a YouTube video link for HIGNFY, and after watching it you feel offended by Paul Merton's jokes, then I am forced into making a public apology on his behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    What a rotten egg.
    About time Corbyn stood down , along with the Nonce Finder General Tom Watson and they elect Dianne as Leader
    surely its another right conspiracy

Are you actually serious? Windrush has been talked about in some form or other for a number of years now, individual MPs have been campaigning over the issue for as long. It's crucial at the moment because it is absolutely apparent that a big driver for the home office's behaviour was austerity - to try and deny people services who were entitled to them. The other motivator was their phoney immigration target. I posted stats on here about 18 months ago about how the Brexiteers were saying 're-engage with the commonwealth' but at the same time the government were pursuing a strategy to kill off commonwealth migration.

It is almost like you don't want the government to be held to account for anything they do.