+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comments from Craig Bellamy yesterday

Re: Comments from Craig Bellamy yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think bullying in a footballing context can mean dominating your opponent fairly. Some of Zahore’s goals I think can be decscribed like that for instance. I think it’s probably fair when we’ve been at our best.

Haven’t heard it but like listening to Bellamy so if anybody comes across it pls throw up a link.
    I agree, "bullying" is a word that has come to mean physically dominating when applied in sport in recent years. Zohore is a good example to use because let's not forget this is a player who our manager was having a moan about for not getting booked often enough only a fortnight or so ago and yet back in February he "bullied" the experienced pairing of Gibson and Ayala all afternoon when we beat Middlesbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    When did he play alongside John Terry?
    Never did as far as I’m aware

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m not sure that Bellamy has the right temperament for a top manager - he doesn’t protect anyone and says it as it is, which in certain circumstances is refreshing but could crush a player.

When things are crap, he doesn’t hide it.
    Because that works as a pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He was excellent yesterday. Very interesting, particularly with respect to Warnock and the state of the club before he arrived. My only criticism of him as a pundit is that he begins so many sentences with "listen...."
    Indeed.😂

He's really good as a pundit, always interesting. His comments about this season's Championship were spot on in my opinion. It will be fascinating to see how things work out if he does move into management. Personally, I reckon a full-time career as a pundit would probably suit him better, but you never know.
    Agree entirely with your view on Bellamy as a pundit. He comes across as considered and concise, attributes that could also facilitate a decent managerial career.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    His role as a pundit is to say it as it is, or at least that's the way he views it.

That doesn't translate to him throwing players under the bus publicly, does it? Given the way he confronted Shearer about that, I'd doubt very much he'd bury players publicly - in the dressing room, sure.
    Yep, it's two different roles, a good pundit shouldn't be displaying loyalty to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yeah, that constant rubbing of his chin needs to be stamped out.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Never did as far as I’m aware
    Presumably this is a reference to him "outing" Terry as a wanker.

Which he is.

Think Craig didn't develop his reasons well enough , what Warnocks side has done is compete very physically , close down , break quickly to exploit those errors created by those intensities .

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Presumably this is a reference to him "outing" Terry as a wanker.

Which he is.
    You are correct on both accounts

One of my favourite post match interviews - loved Bellamy for it

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I could listen to Bellamy talk about football all day. I saw he was on sky and said on way out it wouldn’t surprise me if Bellamy ends up managing the club at some point next season. I doubt bookies are taking bets but I am sure he will be the next manager of Cardiff City.
    I think it all depends where Cardiff are if/when Warnock is moved on. If Warnock resigns or gets the sack (feasible) and the club are in the bottom three - I'm not sure Bellamy would be the answer. However, if Warnock kept the club up next season before retiring, then maybe that would be a good time for Bellamy to step in.

It does look like Bellamy is being lined up, but I always thought Roger Gibbins would go on to manage Cardiff and that never happened.

Craig Bellamy was one of the Sky Sports analysts yesterday and he had some very interesting things to say about Neil Warnock, the outstanding job he has done since he arrived at Cardiff City, the state of the club beforehand, the football the team now plays, etc. His comments in the build-up to the game were particularly interesting - well worth watching if you've recorded it.

I felt two things he said were a bit harsh, though. He claimed that City have bullied sides in the Championship throughout this season, which I don't think is entirely fair. I reckon he was spot on when he said the team's main goal is generally to stop the opposition playing and they've certainly managed to do that often enough from what I've seen, but I think the term 'bullying' was a bit strong. The Bluebirds are definitely a good deal more physical than most teams at this level, but I don't believe they've crossed the line in that respect very often.

Bellamy also said the team is not at all interested in the ball. I can understand what he means, but again I think that was a little harsh. What do you reckon?

If Bellamy is right there, and I think he may well be, speaking as a football fan first and foremost, I find that depressing. As a City fan, it doesn't stop me enjoying our promotion and praising the manager and players, but I don't like the way we play and never will do - if we stop winning, then I'll start criticising it. Yes I know that's being fickle, but it's also being honest - it's fantastic we went up, but what we were producing in the second half of the season was a long, long way from the effective and enjoyable football we started the campaign with.

It would have seemed like a natural progression for Craig to follow Neil Warnock,
    I think he will cut his teeth on another managerial job before he takes on the the Cardiff job.
    Cardiff job means too much to him for him to take it on and fail.

Bellamy is nowhere near what we'd need in a manager.
    He talks a good game, but what about man management? I don't think that would be a strength.

Hands on heart, most of you would like him as a manager purely for the fact he was born in Cardiff.

Stick to being a pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    [/B]

If Bellamy is right there, and I think he may well be, speaking as a football fan first and foremost, I find that depressing. As a City fan, it doesn't stop me enjoying our promotion and praising the manager and players, but I don't like the way we play and never will do - if we stop winning, then I'll start criticising it. Yes I know that's being fickle, but it's also being honest - it's fantastic we went up, but what we were producing in the second half of the season was a long, long way from the effective and enjoyable football we started the campaign with.
    A bit like the season under Malky where we were played some attacking football until we got done 4-5 at Charlton and after that it went to grinding out wins.

He's really good as a pundit, always interesting. His comments about this season's Championship were spot on in my opinion. It will be fascinating to see how things work out if he does move into management. Personally, I reckon a full-time career as a pundit would probably suit him better, but you never know.
    He is perfect as a pundit , giving it large like lawrenson and Hansen

But wouldn't make a manager in a million years

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Bellamy is nowhere near what we'd need in a manager.
    He talks a good game, but what about man management? I don't think that would be a strength.

Hands on heart, most of you would like him as a manager purely for the fact he was born in Cardiff.

Stick to being a pundit.
    Aye , talks a good game , wouldn't have a clue to keep a dressing room

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It would have seemed like a natural progression for Craig to follow Neil Warnock,
    I think he will cut his teeth on another managerial job before he takes on the the Cardiff job.
    Cardiff job means too much to him for him to take it on and fail.
    It's his home city club but he's a Liverpool fan ft sake , it doesn't mean that much to him !!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's his home city club but he's a Liverpool fan ft sake , it doesn't mean that much to him !!
    Who went to Cardiff games as a youngster and purposefully pushed through a move to his hometown club whilst in his prime so he could make a proper difference and worked for us for free. He can support both Liverpool & Cardiff, a lot of people do

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pi...oxytrys4D-dqM:

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Who went to Cardiff games as a youngster and purposefully pushed through a move to his hometown club whilst in his prime so he could make a proper difference and worked for us for free. He can support both Liverpool & Cardiff, a lot of people do
    And we've got such a tradition of appointing Cardiff City fans as manager haven't we.

I think Bellamy is one of those people who would either be brilliant or terrible as a manager - I tend to believe it would be the former, but I could well be wrong, what I do know is that he makes a very good pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In his prime ?

He was injury prone and at the end of his career

As for supporting two clubs I find it bizarre , people can do what they want but that isn't going to stop me commenting on it

Bellamy came back to us when about 15 Premier League sides would have taken him, Liverpool had him the season after! I'd say that alone shows how much it means to him.

Aye , talks a good game , wouldn't have a clue to keep a dressing room
    Aye, as he's got **** all experience of being in one

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Someone else mentioned that we dont play the ball in our own half, we look to get it in the other half as quickly as possible first, maybe that is what Bellamy meant.

Listen we would all want to play like Man City - but some clubs wont be able to achieve that.
    Some of us would love to come home and find our partner all dressed up . looking a million dollars and ready for action - whilst most come to find something nowhere near. So to put it bluntly - you make do with what you've got , especially if you are no oil painting .... :)
    Man city punt it 60 yards too. It's just better when De Brunye or David Silva does it over our Sol Beckenbauer.