+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comments from Craig Bellamy yesterday

Re: Comments from Craig Bellamy yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In his prime ?

He was injury prone and at the end of his career

As for supporting two clubs I find it bizarre , people can do what they want but that isn't going to stop me commenting on it
    He was signed by Liverpool the season after and had scored 10 Premier League goals for Manchester City the season before ffs

From a BBC article just before he signed: "Fulham, now managed by Bellamy's hero Mark Hughes, have admitted they want to sign him, Celtic boss Neil Lennon says his club have spoken to Bellamy's agent while City's Champions League qualifying rivals Tottenham Hotspur also want the 59-times capped Welshman."

"Boss Dave Jones admitted on Friday that Bellamy's wage demands could be an issue but the Cardiff fan, who trained with Cardiff last season when recovering from injury, publicly admitted last week that signing for the Bluebirds is an ambition.

"I've always wanted to play for Cardiff," Bellamy told a news conference."

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Aye, as he's got **** all experience of being in one
    Craig Bellamy will never make a top flight manager , there is a difference between the win at all costs attitude of Alex Ferguson and the petulant arrogance of Craig Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He was signed by Liverpool the season after and had scored 10 Premier League goals for Manchester City the season before ffs

From a BBC article just before he signed: "Fulham, now managed by Bellamy's hero Mark Hughes, have admitted they want to sign him, Celtic boss Neil Lennon says his club have spoken to Bellamy's agent while City's Champions League qualifying rivals Tottenham Hotspur also want the 59-times capped Welshman."

"Boss Dave Jones admitted on Friday that Bellamy's wage demands could be an issue but the Cardiff fan, who trained with Cardiff last season when recovering from injury, publicly admitted last week that signing for the Bluebirds is an ambition.

"I've always wanted to play for Cardiff," Bellamy told a news conference."
    You believe all that do you ? I don't

Craig Bellamy didn't offer Cardiff city much which was no surprise as his knees had gone by the time he came to us

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bellamy came back to us when about 15 Premier League sides would have taken him, Liverpool had him the season after! I'd say that alone shows how much it means to him.
    He knew he could only play a bit part

You believe all that do you ? I don't

Craig Bellamy didn't offer Cardiff city much which was no surprise as his knees had gone by the time he came to us
    He scored 11 goals and performed well. We'd have been promoted that season if Dave Jones could actually manage a dressing room

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He scored 11 goals and performed well. We'd have been promoted that season if Dave Jones could actually manage a dressing room
    He was ok but I am afraid people are far too entwined in this local hero comes home fantasy world

He came to us at the Twilight of his career , it showed

Sludge being a complete know it all and chatting complete sh*t!? What a nice change!

He was ok but I am afraid people are far too entwined in this local hero comes home fantasy world

He came to us at the Twilight of his career , it showed
    He wasn't Messi but he was still a very good player, I remember him making mugs of some Championship defenders

Craig Bellamy will never make a top flight manager , there is a difference between the win at all costs attitude of Alex Ferguson and the petulant arrogance of Craig Bellamy
    We will see.

The part about not being interested in the ball is spot on.

We could have actually played a bit and taken our time on Sunday. But it was the same old percentage game. Lots of headers and long balls. We did have more possession than usual though and in fact, I think it worked against us as we were not able to attack on the break.

Worked wonderfully though and I have no complaints.