+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock's promotion over Malky Mackay's promotion

Warnock's promotion over Malky Mackay's promotion

The best achievement ?

Re: Warnock's promotion over Malky Mackay's promotion

Malky's acheivement was great but this is unbelievable in every way

This has been done on a much tighter budget and against better teams. Look at the odds at the start of each season, this was much more unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This has been done on a much tighter budget and against better teams. Look at the odds at the start of each season, this was much more unexpected.
    City were a best-priced 12/1 to win the Championship at the start of 2012/13. It was 25/1 at the start of this season.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

33-1 for promotion

I think

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    33-1 for promotion

I think
    I have the Racing Post's 'Big Kick Off' guide to the betting season in front of me, published on 02/08/18. The best price for the title was 25/1 (a price most major bookies offered). The best price for Wolves was 13/1 with Paddy Power. City were best-priced at 17/2 for promotion with Betfair and Paddy Power. Wolves were widely available at 4/1.

I'm sweating on Middlesbrough in the play-offs for £214.00 return on a £5 pre-season bet. My hopes aren't high.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The best achievement ?
    Weren’t we the big spenders back then? Nowhere near it this time, 14th in the championship. That says all we need to know. We are also unified this time and hopefully learnt from previous endeavours. So all good

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have the Racing Post's 'Big Kick Off' guide to the betting season in front of me, published on 02/08/18. The best price for the title was 25/1 (a price most major bookies offered). The best price for Wolves was 13/1 with Paddy Power. City were best-priced at 17/2 for promotion with Betfair and Paddy Power. Wolves were widely available at 4/1.

I'm sweating on Middlesbrough in the play-offs for £214.00 return on a £5 pre-season bet. My hopes aren't high.

👍 Ta

And good luck with the Middlesbrough results

And good luck with the Middlesbrough results
    Cheers. I laid out a total of £30.00 on pre-season bets and have had one return of £47.00, so I'm in front but retirement isn't on the cards just yet. I had a bit of poxy luck (or poor judgement) with one £2.00 bet where Forest to finish in the top half of the Championship was the only leg that let me down. That would have netted £168.00, which would have been handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The best achievement ?
    This is better, although I had nothing to do with the previous promotion, so I shouldn't really comment-But I'm going to anyway.

I don't think fans expected this, from about February onwards I fancied us for the play-offs, I just couldn't process the thought that we were going to achieve automatic, not with this team, and in all honesty, the way we played, but we kept getting results when it mattered, the only real poor run of form was over Christmas and that was wiped out by a run of eight wins? even then I didn't think it was possible. And Fulham-Bastard Fulham! they just kept winning, they wouldn't leave us alone-it wasn't fair-they were the slickers, no need to get their hands dirty or knees scuffed, playing with a charisma and style that 'everyone' loved, in white on the banks of the thames, a club nobody hates, how could they fail? then there was us, the diggers, grafters, fighting for every inch and seemingly giving so much more than they did in order to compensate for our limitations-A free transfer from Rochdale-Walsall, an almost journeyman (Bamba) at the back, the Villa reject, the 'luxury' that is Hoilett, and football managements answer to Donald Trump in the popularity stakes-Yet, it happened, yesterday all the inches covered, the untold running, defending and comradeship paid off-The aristocrats were bundled from their throne and the uprising was achieved, now the peasants are sitting at the top table, although our manners may not be agreeable to the majority-Yesterday was magic!

The nasty rash v the lillywhite princess

I’ve seen that film already 👍

The nasty rash v the lillywhite princess

I’ve seen that film already 👍
    Me too-did you borrow if from sludge

This is miles better. We were never pressured in 2012/13 and were one of the big spenders.

This time huge spending Villa were up our arse, we saw them off. Then the media darlings Fulham hit us with blow after blow and we responded time and again.

That 3 points at Hull last week was the real end for Fulham. They had nudged in front again, thanks to a lucky victory over Sunderland. Carey and Frederick were interviewed after and you’d swear they had done the job the way they talked about us dropping more points from the last 2 games. The pressure on us after the Derby defeat, and Fulham victory was huge.Hull being in form, scoring freely, it looked like a banana skin and then we put in a performance like that. Unbelievable and imo that finally knocked the stuffing out of Fulham.

If Fulham had been in front going into Sunday I reckon they would have turned Birmingham over, but the pressure of being the chasers finally got to them.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This is miles better. We were never pressured in 2012/13 and were one of the big spenders.

This time huge spending Villa were up our arse, we saw them off. Then the media darlings Fulham hit us with blow after blow and we responded time and again.

That 3 points at Hull last week was the real end for Fulham. They had nudged in front again, thanks to a lucky victory over Sunderland. Carey and Frederick were interviewed after and you’d swear they had done the job the way they talked about us dropping more points from the last 2 games. The pressure on us after the Derby defeat, and Fulham victory was huge.Hull being in form, scoring freely, it looked like a banana skin and then we put in a performance like that. Unbelievable and imo that finally knocked the stuffing out of Fulham.

If Fulham had been in front going into Sunday I reckon they would have turned Birmingham over, but the pressure of being the chasers finally got to them.
    I tend to agree, and said the same thing to my boy after the hull game. What they must have thought when they saw our captain and central defender making that run while 1-0 up, scoring with only minutes to go in a crucial match is beyond me-especially after the game he had at Derby. In boxing terms they jabbed the shit out of us, their movement was better and range superior, but they couldn't put us down. At the final bell we punished them.

Lets not forget the job Malky did here, having to deal with the fallout from the rebrand and everything. Cant have been easy keeping the players focused throughout all that. It all went pear shaped in the end but it could have happened a lot sooner to be fair.

But yeah what NW has done is just ridiculous, not just here but at Rotherham as well. The guys a magician at this level isnt he.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I tend to agree, and said the same thing to my boy after the hull game. What they must have thought when they saw our captain and central defender making that run while 1-0 up, scoring with only minutes to go in a crucial match is beyond me-especially after the game he had at Derby. In boxing terms they jabbed the shit out of us, their movement was better and range superior, but they couldn't put us down. At the final bell we punished them.
    Not even sure it was jabs they hit us with their best shots and couldn’t budge us!! Wobbled us a couple of times but we refused to go down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Lets not forget the job Malky did here, having to deal with the fallout from the rebrand and everything. Cant have been easy keeping the players focused throughout all that. It all went pear shaped in the end but it could have happened a lot sooner to be fair.

But yeah what NW has done is just ridiculous, not just here but at Rotherham as well. The guys a magician at this level isnt he.
    Malky had a better base start , and a lot more money given to him ,.

The re brand was not an issue when going up red ,it became an issue afterwards when we began to falter.

Warnock came to us 18 months ago, we were a broken team and club, he fixed it with considerably less money than Malky was afforded, turned unknown players into top performers , reconnected the fans .

Truly astonishing , and rightly now being being recognised through the media, as the Fulham bromance dissipates.

In my view, not only the best promotion win , he is also the best City manager we have had, achieved in a very short time indeed .

I have the Racing Post's 'Big Kick Off' guide to the betting season in front of me, published on 02/08/18
    Back to the future 4?

Reading the Fulham forums , they reckon the players are seriously knackered with no rotation. They are not confident of two games next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Back to the future 4?
    Biff Sugarman

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Malky had a better base start , and a lot more money given to him ,.

The re brand was not an issue when going up red ,it became an issue afterwards when we began to falter.

Warnock came to us 18 months ago, we were a broken team and club, he fixed it with considerably less money than Malky was afforded, turned unknown players into top performers , reconnected the fans .

Truly astonishing , and rightly now being being recognised through the media, as the Fulham bromance dissipates.

In my view, not only the best promotion win , he is also the best City manager we have had, achieved in a very short time indeed .
    Didn't we have 10 players when Malky arrived?

Has anybody mentioned it was achieved wearing blue?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Think it might have been 9.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Majority the first names on team sheet and meant he didn’t have to shift the dead wood.