+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The biggest question is whether NW is likely to want to stay beyond next season.

The biggest question is whether NW is likely to want to stay beyond next season.

His answer is key to implementing the sensible strategy that he and Tan are putting forward.

If the answer is a definite yes then whatever happens next season there would be an argument for sticking with him as he would be the best manager and maintain continuity.

Sadly, he is getting older, undoubtedly deserves to enjoy a retirement and has to go probably sooner than later.

If I were Tan, knowing that NW would want to stay I would say whatever happens next season your job is safe as long as you continue to believe your the right man for it. Failing that assurance I would reluctantly but necessarily look for an alternative to take over at some point next season if things weren’t going well.

The best scenario is that NW and the club line somebody up take over when the time is right. It’s not as if any of this is not foreseeable.

Bellamy is the obvious candidate but is he up to it I don’t know.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: The biggest question is whether NW is likely to want to stay beyond next season.

I think continuity will be a key factor in who succeeds NW as team manager

When NW hangs up his boots We don’t want a new guy coming in who tears up all the work that’s been done and the mode of play imprinted in players DNA

So someone who is in accord with the existing style of football and fir me although he doesn’t have Premiership experience I suggest Neal Harris of Millwall

Having said that it could all go tits up like David Moyes at Manure

Re: The biggest question is whether NW is likely to want to stay beyond next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    His answer is key to implementing the sensible strategy that he and Tan are putting forward.

If the answer is a definite yes then whatever happens next season there would be an argument for sticking with him as he would be the best manager and maintain continuity.

Sadly, he is getting older, undoubtedly deserves to enjoy a retirement and has to go probably sooner than later.

If I were Tan, knowing that NW would want to stay I would say whatever happens next season your job is safe as long as you continue to believe your the right man for it. Failing that assurance I would reluctantly but necessarily look for an alternative to take over at some point next season if things weren’t going well.

The best scenario is that NW and the club line somebody up take over when the time is right. It’s not as if any of this is not foreseeable.

Bellamy is the obvious candidate but is he up to it I don’t know.
    Well, he will probably be on the best contract of his life, a massive bonus based on survival, he is loyal to his assistants-although apparently, does a very good job in getting them what they want-we'll be huge favourites for relegation-his achievements have brought him legendary status at the club, so, I think he'll stay-what's he going to do, drive his tractor for nine months?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

When NW hangs up his boots We don’t want a new guy coming in who tears up all the work that’s been done and the mode of play imprinted in players DNA

So someone who is in accord with the existing style of football and fir me although he doesn’t have Premiership experience I suggest Neal Harris of Millwall

If a new manager wanted to play differently and pass a bit more then we wouldn't need to rip up the squad IMO. A ball playing CB and a defensive minded player who is comfortable on the ball and another ball playing CM to link between defence and attack.

Would love to see Warnock keep us up and then retire on a high. It would be even better if he could keep us up for a few years then go out dispelling the not good enough for the Prem stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Would love to see Warnock keep us up and then retire on a high. It would be even better if he could keep us up for a few years then go out dispelling the not good enough for the Prem stuff.
    Yes it would..but he has to retire sometime. Doesn’t he.

Presuming Warnock has kept us up and retires after next season or the season after, perhaps Pulis if we hadn't pushed on from trying to stay up? If he were available of course.
    If it were to be Bellamy, he needs to get a real management job this year and succeed with it.
    Although things change too quickly in football for meaningful speculation on anything other than how long Warnock might stay.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post

Bellamy was talking about the Club creating a legacy over the next 5/10 years, so there has to be some continuity regarding NW’s successor. It would be great for the Club if when he decides to go he has a major input in who follows him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Bellamy was talking about the Club creating a legacy over the next 5/10 years, so there has to be some continuity regarding NW’s successor. It would be great for the Club if when he decides to go he has a major input in who follows him.
    Would that mean Bellamy being promoted to assist manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Would that mean Bellamy being promoted to assist manager?
    No idea

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Yes it would..but he has to retire sometime. Doesn’t he.
    Yes he does, but not yet I think. I also hope his family keep a good eye on him and not let him go on when he shouldn`t though.
    I am a Warnock convert , didn`t like the bloke at all, but his personality and ability to get the job done is infectious and we were lucky things worked out so brilliantly. He must be one of the older , more experienced managers lets say, in League management ?

Tan obviously trusts NW a lot and after all the goings-on with Malky etc I think that is a very important factor. I wouldn't be surprised to see him offer NW a seat on the board to be his eyes and ears. Many have said that we need a football man in such a position but whether he could avoid stepping on the new Manager's toes would be another matter.

His vibes are sounding good ,however he won't want to look a fool up in the Premiership , therefore If he hits funding issue that might create a problem .

I get the feel Tan has repaired a lot of stuff in the world of football , he may feel he needs to recoup on his investment ?

If I was Tan I would over a bucket of cockles and pork scratching and a pint of Proper Job ,Neil's view on a natural replacement that would give us continuity.ans putt that building block in now ,knowing Neil his suggestion might be form his existing backroom team plus one other bright young Welsh thing,with Neil as the DOF ? .

Hey if a 500 million bid comes in they are all toast.

A way forward never tried to my knowledge before, probably because it’s a silly idea, would be to allow ‘an assistant’ to manage all the cup matches. Neil needs to focus his limited energy on the league, advise his assistant which players would be available and sit back.

I would imagine he feels like he's got at least three years left in the tank. And I should think he'll want to use that time to create something sustainable beyond his tenure. We'll see.

Back to my original point
    If two years or more - no problem

International

From Bellamy's comment he seems to have totally bought in to Neil'sphilosophy and management style.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he will be quietly coached to take over with Neil as his mentor when he moves upstairs, and hopefully keep the coaches,and Neil's people. A perfect transition

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    From Bellamy's comment he seems to have totally bought in to Neil'sphilosophy and management style.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he will be quietly coached to take over with Neil as his mentor when he moves upstairs, and hopefully keep the coaches,and Neil's people. A perfect transition
    I think Bellers is being groomed to take over if not from Warnock then from the next manager

With his knowledge of the youth teams this could set the club up for years to come if he turns out to be a top manager

One of the many pluses of Bellamy is that there are very few teams he'd leave Cardiff for imo, and they are the top teams who are unlikely to come calling