+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Final Championship table (spoiler - it's good news)

Final Championship table (spoiler - it's good news)

46 games played, the table doesn't lie. Cardiff City earn promotion

Final table:

C:WindowsTempphpED94.tmp

Last day results:

C:WindowsTempphpE4DC.tmp

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Final Championship table (spoiler - it's good news)

I don’t know why but It felt like the GD between us and Fulham was much bigger than 3
    Shruggingshouldersmiley

Play-off's look pretty tight, all great teams in form

At the start of the season I looked through the last 10 years championship tables and came up with these numbers:
    93 for league title (actual 99)
    88 for second (90😁)
    80 to see us into the play offs (actual 75)

88...hard luck Fulham😁. If anyone said we'd end up promoted on 90 points at the start of the season I'd have called for the men in the white coats. What a season. Favourite aways were Leeds, Brentford and Hull. The bruises from goal celebrations at Hull have just about gone! Time to start looking at next season's aways. A big thank you to all the team, backroom staff, Sir Neil Warnock, VT and those that give their time to arrange the supporters club and coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I don’t know why but It felt like the GD between us and Fulham was much bigger than 3
    Shruggingshouldersmiley
    That is because Fulham are the next Barcelona if you believe what you read.

(and yet despite them being SOoooooooo great, we have more points than them! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff City Mad View Post
    46 games played, the table doesn't lie. Cardiff City earn promotion

Final table:

C:WindowsTempphpED94.tmp

Last day results:

C:WindowsTempphpE4DC.tmp

When you look back and think boro were favourites to go up, to finish 14 points in front of them is incredible. Fulham went on an incredible run and still couldn’t catch us. If you take Fulham out of the equation, us and wolves are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    At the start of the season I looked through the last 10 years championship tables and came up with these numbers:
    93 for league title (actual 99)
    88 for second (90��)
    80 to see us into the play offs (actual 75)

88...hard luck Fulham��. If anyone said we'd end up promoted on 90 points at the start of the season I'd have called for the men in the white coats. What a season. Favourite aways were Leeds, Brentford and Hull. The bruises from goal celebrations at Hull have just about gone! Time to start looking at next season's aways. A big thank you to all the team, backroom staff, Sir Neil Warnock, VT and those that give their time to arrange the supporters club and coaches.
    Good post. My favourite aways were Wolves, Norwich and Hull. Though for importance the hard earned win at Ipswich and the late point at Brammel Lane are hard to beat.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Good post. My favourite aways were Wolves, Norwich and Hull. Though for importance the hard earned win at Ipswich and the late point at Brammel Lane are hard to beat.
    Spedger
    Wolves is just up the road from me. However, didn't go due to a pre-arranged family BBQ at my daughters. It rained so we went in and watched Sky with match updates. 2-1 up with minutes to go and I was physically shaking with nerves. Quite likely the worst ever. When the final score was confirmed the Everton season ticket holders on the other side of the family found out what passion (ooh er missus) really is. At that moment I realised we had something special going on. City were up there and beating the big spenders on their home pitch. So.... family BBQ August 2018 date is on hold until after the fixtures come out. And I'm looking forward to Goodison.