+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Warnock struggle to attract talent this year?

Re: Will Warnock struggle to attract talent this year?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I see Warnock trying to secure some of the better players from championship clubs and I think a lot of these players will have been envious by the spirit of our squad.
    Agree 100 % with this. He knows the championship inside out and the better players will be hungry with something to prove. I recon it's as good as plan as any supplemented with a few squad players from premier clubs and the loan market. In his post match interviews he's often heaped praise on certain opposition players. Latterly Murphy and Maddison of Norwich, and Traore of Boro immediately spring to mind. His chief scout come up trumps last summer and Warnock trusts him to likewise I guess this time around!

Quote Originally Posted by guangzhoublue View Post
    Does anybody agree that Warnocks age could possibly work against us in the transfer market with quality players reluctant to sign long term deals due to the uncertainty of how long NW will be in the job and who his successor would be?
    No. More likely to attract players.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've seen the term "silly money" being used in this thread - just out of interest, what qualifies as silly money these days? After the last TV deal, £15 million won't buy you too much as a Premier League club
    We could source the markets a bit cleverly than last time. There must be good player's out there looking to showcase themselves.

I would look at the younger talent at clubs that fail in the championship play off' , perhaps look at the 23's talent in the better Scottish sides, young,hungry talent in the better european international sides such as Poland ,Slovakia, Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia, they are usually very mentally tougher , techinically good, and cheaper than your Spanish, French counterparts.

Or there is the loan system, could attract some of the good younger Welsh lads now ?

Please don't tell me we're signing charlie ****ing adam! He's a Warnock player...

It's clear Warnock is a fan of Dyche and the Burnley model. I'm happy with that. Would like to see a few players brought in with better quality, but I'd also like to see a few of our players show what they got. I think Zohore can step up, hoilett obviously. NML could keep progressing. Ralls and Paterson are young and improving. Bamba, Morrison and Bennett could be starters for me.

Talk of Ramsey on another thread is a bit of wishful thinking. I see him moving to champions league team this summer.