+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The book of crap towns

Re: The book of crap towns

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wolverhampton ....... unemployment is staggeringly high and the city is so divided along class and race lines that it's hardly a city at all but a collection of tribal groupings ......in the evenings the smell of hope from the local brewery permeates the town like the stench of a trapped animal slowly decaying in a drain pipe
    A wolves fan some years back was commenting on how Cardiff fans had destroyed their city centre. A WBA fan replied "how could you tell"

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Newport reminds of a shitty English town, a bit like Derby, but not as glamorous
    Newport historically has a lot to offer but it's turned into a post war nightmare

And I a so glad we went up to annoy the few locals who bother with the football team

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    A wolves fan some years back was commenting on how Cardiff fans had destroyed their city centre. A WBA fan replied "how could you tell"
    To be fair they started it

Islington .......nowhere else in the world will you see so many people in their thirties dressed as teenagers

Islington .......nowhere else in the world will you see so many people in their thirties dressed as teenagers
    In fairness to Islington it boasts the best strip club in the country, The Griffin, what a place!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    BARRY
    Barry Island's ok though

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Stockport. Complete and utter dump. The main shopping street is just full of chav teens stuffing their poxy faces with shite from the pond bakery which seems to the only shop that isn't failing in that wasteland of a town.
    bollocks

Feedback

I am surprised it has taken this long to mention Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    bollocks
    Seriously? It is a pit. I live 10 miles down the road and would never go there unless it was with work - and believe me when I worked there I couldn't wait to get the hell out. The people I met there were rude half-wits. And I feel I am doing half-wits an injustice there!

Newmarket
    Bury St. Edmunds
    Cromer
    Great Yarmouth
    Lowestoft
    Hereford
    Barrow In Furness
    Hartlepool
    Skegness
    Lincoln

Seriously? It is a pit. I live 10 miles down the road and would never go there unless it was with work - and believe me when I worked there I couldn't wait to get the hell out. The people I met there were rude half-wits. And I feel I am doing half-wits an injustice there!
    It's a complete pit , market is nice enough though

Watford has little architectural charm, terrible traffic, an underwhelming town centre, a restaurant scene from the 1990s, a pub scene from the 1980s and Elton John. It is only 15 miles from the very centre of London but feels like it is somewhere in the Midlands if you ignore the accent.

SK postcode tho maccy ?

Foodie Friday is good. I tend to agree but deffo getting better.

Yours, Marple bridge👍

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    SK postcode tho maccy ?

Yours, Marple bridge��
    Sadly yes - so I have to be associated with stocky - although it is nearly a CW which could be worse!! Marple Bridge is really nice - my Aunt and Uncle live just off Mayfield Road which seems a nice area.

Sadly yes - so I have to be associated with stocky - although it is nearly a CW which could be worse!! Marple Bridge is really nice - my Aunt and Uncle live just off Mayfield Road which seems a nice area.
    Disley , some right lemons out that way

Bristol ....... Cary Grant loved the place so much he legged it to America as soon as he had the funds , never to return
    Bristol isn't a town sonny, two football teams, and a population that supports live music.
    I was born here although it was a hospital back then!!!!
    Ashley Hill.jpg

Disley , some right lemons out that way
    Some middle class hotties up that way too. Have a wander round Lyme Park on a hot day for a bit of MILF spotting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Bristol isn't a town sonny, two football teams, and a population that supports live music.
    I was born here although it was a hospital back then!!!!
    Ashley Hill.jpg
    A baby in the bullrushes

One football team , one team of *****

Deep into page 2 and not even a whiff of Scunthorpe... The high street is nicknamed the street of a thousand arseholes, and that's being polite!

Feedback

Heaton moor, Heaton Mersey, Heaton Chapel aren't pits at all. The Heatons are top end and have some great bars, restaurants and music venues. They certainly rival Chorlton and West Didsbury, imho

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    SK postcode tho maccy ?

Yours, Marple bridge👍
    Now marple bridge has a quality of females rarely seen elsewhere. Not enough bars for a great night out, but good nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Heaton moor, Heaton Mersey, Heaton Chapel aren't pits at all. The Heatons are top end and have some great bars, restaurants and music venues. They certainly rival Chorlton and West Didsbury, imho
    I'll counter your poshport examples with Brinnington, Lancy Hill, Offerton, Edgeley, Adswood and the town centre. A pit.

Feedback

I'll counter your poshport examples with Brinnington, Lancy Hill, Offerton, Edgeley, Adswood and the town centre. A pit.
    I'm not disputing Stockport, like everywhere else, has it's shitholes.

Offerton is a decent area - certainly by foggbrook

The town centre is alright, some decent bars up by the market and around lower hillgate.

The heatons more than makes up for it. It's as good a secondary centre as anywhere in mcr

Aylesbury is a right dump but surrounded by some lovely (and expensive) villages.
    Fareham is a fecking dive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Aylesbury is a right dump but surrounded by some lovely (and expensive) villages.
    Fareham is a fecking dive.
    Market Square Heroes