+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The book of crap towns

International

Re: The book of crap towns

Washington Tyne and Wear. It has all the dregs form Sunderland and Gateshead plus the indiginous cretins that are bred there.
    Newcastle is only marginally better than the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Portsmouth......brown sea , stoney beach , kebab van wars , dripping feeling of dread
    Thanks Sludge, you've put a dampener on my weekend there in July!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Great Yarmouth
    The town that time forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Grimsby, Luton and Burnley usually feature prominently in any top 10 poll of England's biggest dumps. Newport would be my idea of Wales' biggest hovel. Even its town centre on weekdays is rough as feck with headers everywhere.
    Grimsby is underrated because of the name. With Cleethorpes as part of the town (and the coast in general) and the Lincolnshire countryside all around it's actually really nice....obviously there are shit parts, but that's true everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Thanks Sludge, you've put a dampener on my weekend there in July!
    I was pleasantly suprised by Portsmouth/Southsea when we stayed there. Plenty to see and do. By coincidence, my son went to uni there and likes it so much he now lives there. Fratton is a dump though!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Washington Tyne and Wear. It has all the dregs form Sunderland and Gateshead plus the indiginous cretins that are bred there.
    Newcastle is only marginally better than the other 3.
    There can be no bigger dump than Spennymoor. We happened to be going that way between walking in the Pennines and visiting relatives near Hexham. As our local non league team (Stourbridge) was in a play off we decided to visit. Arrived at 12 noon and by 12.05 it dawned that this was not a good place to be. Simply put, the town centre is largely abandoned. A 1960's shopping precinct had nothing in it apart from a stall selling exotic rareities such as carrots. Pubs and shops were boarded up. Shops that still existed shut on Saturdays. Never seen that anywhere else. We found an art gallery hidden behind some scaffolding so wasted some time there before watching the match. The whole place looked like the setting for some post-apocalyptic film setting.
    Last edited by IanD; 09-05-18 at 08:34. Reason: Spolling

Shotton N. Wales
    So bad the locals call it rotten shotton

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Southampton.......is a catastrophe, decrepit....ugly old docks , supermarkets built right in the city centre , Soviet style tower blocks and somehow a cruise port .....although I pity anyone who stops off here

German bombers made a significant improvement in style and town planning in 1942

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Deep into page 2 and not even a whiff of Scunthorpe... The high street is nicknamed the street of a thousand arseholes, and that's being polite!
    And the man who put the c*nt in Scunthorpe
    Ian Botham