+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Walkabout

Walkabout

After the game on Sunday I was looking for somewhere that would be showing the last day action in the championship.All the pubs were showing Chelsea vLiverpool,so I thought I would try Walkabout with their multi screens,got to the front door and was asked for ID so they could scan it.I don’t carry ID so I was refused entry even though I was still sober,49 years old and not wearing any football colours.I’m wondering if it’s even legal for pubs to be scanning the ID’s of customers in these days of data protection and all that.Anyhow just shows they are the same bunch of wankers even with new management.

Re: Walkabout

I mean it's up to the establishment but it doesn't show them in a good light. Challenge 25 is always the best policy.

Lots of pubs in town turning away Cardiff fans with City shirts on again, according to some on twitter. Missoula and Brewhouse two of them

If you are 49 why on earth were they asking you for id?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If you are 49 why on earth were they asking you for id?
    It was’nt an age thing,they would’nt let anyone in who did’nt have ID.It’s the reason i’m asking if it’s even legal for them to scan everyones ID.

Quote Originally Posted by bargoednorth View Post
    It was’nt an age thing,they would’nt let anyone in who did’nt have ID.It’s the reason i’m asking if it’s even legal for them to scan everyones ID.
    Seriously? What kind of shitty pub asks everyone for identification? I could never stand these awful chain bars. You’ll be telling me they’ve got a dress code next. That haven’t got a dress code have they?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Seriously? What kind of shitty pub asks everyone for identification? I could never stand these awful chain bars. You’ll be telling me they’ve got a dress code next. That haven’t got a dress code have they?
    Yes the have you can wear anything apart from City colours

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Yes the have you can wear anything apart from City colours
    Stick to the canton pubs that rely on Saturday matchday takings to survive , sod the chain bars

I believe they scan ID to check if you have a Ban at any of their premises

I doubt very much if they are permitted to take reproductions of IDs in any way.