+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adidas - The most boring kit designs going ?

Adidas - The most boring kit designs going ?

Just saw the new Leicester kit.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/...18-19-kit.html

They could just get a computer to pick between a list of 5 variables and alternate year after year forever and ever.

I am nearly in my forties and still get "excited" about new kits.....which looks all the more pathetic when I read this back.

Anyway. Adidas have got to have THE most underwhelming realeses ever. Puma is pretty crappy too unless you're a top team.

I'd be haf tempted to start following Norwich or Palace for a couplde of seasons, just to be able to get some cool replca kits.

The last kit I bought and thought "this is a nice kit" was the wales big white collar kappa one.

Re: Adidas - The most boring kit designs going ?

I hope the club get someone like Hummel or Admiral for the next kit, they might actually put some effort in

I disagree, I like the simplicity of Adidas kits. I do love Adidas stuff mind so maybe I’m biased

Have you seen any of the world cup kits ? You've lost your head.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I disagree, I like the simplicity of Adidas kits. I do love Adidas stuff mind so maybe I’m biased
    I’m with you.

Less is more. The simplicity of most of Adidas kits is what makes them nice.

Most manufacturers kits look like they have changed them because they have to (which they do of course) and it is very rarely an improvement.

but what will be on the front of the shirt?

The shirt under Slade was magnificent but the last one could've been a training kit,I was creaming when Adidas was announced as our manufacturers but they have been disappointing tbh

Maybe the club need to do a bit more, if Aldershot can get a bespoke shirt...

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/...-home-kit.html

Look, it really is this easy.....

http://pictures.footymad.net/upload/120/757590-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Have you seen any of the world cup kits ? You've lost your head.
    You are right. The WC kits are probably the most unconservative of all the kit-makers.

Our kits and everyone else's have been unspectacular for years now though.

And that's not to say that I don't like simple. I do. It's think just that the kits look and feel plasticy and lack any sort of personal touch.

Even when we had kits with Joma, Puma,Majestic,Lotto or Influence , there seemed to be some effort made to make something at least a little original. Nowadays, the only thing that differs our kit from any others is the badge.

It's just a bit of an anti-climax.

Kappa please.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Kappa please.
    If you want some I'll give it ya.

Adidas with the three stripes on the front of the shirt ( a la the 70's kit) with one of the stripes being yellow.

Adidas have gone way downhill. Their new kits are boring as ****. They have the potential to unlock some real gems with a retro twist. They don't even try.

My favourites in recent years were the Joma black/yellow and blue(ish)/yellow in the FA Cup Final year.

Asymmetrical and with some real effort in the design (and a Welsh flag). They looked nothing like any other club shirts that year.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I hope the club get someone like Hummel or Admiral for the next kit, they might actually put some effort in
    Hummel are the most adventurous in kit design. Retro Denmark 1986 w/c kit would be superb in blue.
    Or Spurs 86/88.

Off the shoulder - blue yellow and white please.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You are right. The WC kits are probably the most unconservative of all the kit-makers.

Our kits and everyone else's have been unspectacular for years now though.

And that's not to say that I don't like simple. I do. It's think just that the kits look and feel plasticy and lack any sort of personal touch.

Even when we had kits with Joma, Puma,Majestic,Lotto or Influence , there seemed to be some effort made to make something at least a little original. Nowadays, the only thing that differs our kit from any others is the badge.

It's just a bit of an anti-climax.
    Every Nike kit is a template, every Puma kit is a template and all their away shirts are white. Adidas are no different, all kit manufactures are phoning it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Every Nike kit is a template, every Puma kit is a template and all their away shirts are white. Adidas are no different, all kit manufactures are phoning it in.
    Puma are piss as well, unless you are Dortmund, Arsenal or Milan. I just think I’d prefer a nike or puma template to an adidas one as things stand.

That Leicester kit is the exact same design as Wales’ first adidas one 5 years ago....or Ipswichs’ from last season.

At least the new nike ones fit nicely, have graphic lines, embossing and a collar that is a little bit different. It’s also pretty simple with it. The new nigerian kits are super cool.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The shirt under Slade was magnificent but the last one could've been a training kit,I was creaming when Adidas was announced as our manufacturers but they have been disappointing tbh
    I loved that kit too. One of our best. I really like adidas kits. I would rather simple and perhaps boring over bold and gash.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    but what will be on the front of the shirt?
    It's all about the sleeve for me and that PREMIERSHIP BADGE!! Haven't bought a shirt for decades and as i'm in my mid 50's shouldn't even contemplate it! However, regardless of design or style the fact that is going to be blue and include a premiership badge I will definitely be indulging this time around!!

Wolves have announced they're moving to Adidas too.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Puma are piss as well, unless you are Dortmund, Arsenal or Milan. I just think I’d prefer a nike or puma template to an adidas one as things stand.

That Leicester kit is the exact same design as Wales’ first adidas one 5 years ago....or Ipswichs’ from last season.

At least the new nike ones fit nicely, have graphic lines, embossing and a collar that is a little bit different. It’s also pretty simple with it. The new nigerian kits are super cool.
    All the Nike kits are a template job, even Man City get a template! And added to that, they're horrible.

The under armour kits are pretty nice!

I must be the only one who thought our home kit looked really nice this season then