+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last 10 Seasons

Last 10 Seasons

FA Cup Finalists
    Championship play- off finalists
    League Cup Finalists
    Championship Winners
    Championship runners-up

If anyone tells you that standing on the terraces with 3k others was 'real football', it wasn't. They were fecking awful times.

Re: Last 10 Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    FA Cup Finalists
    League Cup Finalists
    Championship Winners
    Championship runners-up

If anyone tells you that standing on the terraces with 3k others was 'real football', it wasn't. They were fecking awful times.
    However the season we got to the FA cup final I was stood on terraces all season, and it was better.

We've been lucky. More exciting to be a city fan than a Man United one

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We've been lucky. More exciting to be a city fan than a Man United one
    It's far better to be a Fan of City, or Wolves - even Stoke or Southampton, than 'following' one of the top six.

And the run we've had since 2001 also includes another play off final [and win] Champions of [4th] division, and 3 other championship play off semi-finals...

Lucky indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    FA Cup Finalists
    League Cup Finalists
    Championship Winners
    Championship runners-up

Yep, there is not a major final that we haven’t lost recently.

The football was rubbish in the lower leagues, but it is honestly not nostalgia speaking when I say I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t always bad, and the good times were awesome. 1992/93 was amazing, and parts of the mid to late 90s were great fun. Battering brentford at home; Fulham away; the Man City game; the rare pleasure of having actual footballers in the team like fowler, dale, stant, howarth... there was plenty to enjoy. I’m not saying it was preferable because it wasn’t, but it was still good. Because going to the football normally is.