+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Southampton’s tactics last night.

Southampton’s tactics last night.

I was quite impressed with the way they played. Particularly the 3-4-3 formation they used. Effectively becoming a 5-4-1 when defending. They held on to the ball well , spread the field to give their places space to recurve the ball too. Early crosses into the box to create chances for their target man.

It got me thinking could we evolve to play this way ? I think with Patterson on the right of the midfield 4 bennet on the left ?

Re: Southampton’s tactics last night.

And a lot on here say Hughes is a shit Manager, never been relegated as a player or Manager.He would have kept Stoke up but they panicked! Same with WBA who sacked Pullis, Both clubs who sacked their Welsh Managers now relegated.I’d love Pullis or Hughes to be our next Manager after Warnock.Other possibilities would be Sean Dyche or Big SAM! Any of the four would stabilise us in the Premiership before we go for the top six?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    And a lot on here say Hughes is a shit Manager, never been relegated as a player or Manager.He would have kept Stoke up but they panicked! Same with WBA who sacked Pullis, Both clubs who sacked their Welsh Managers now relegated.I’d love Pullis or Hughes to be our next Manager after Warnock.Other possibilities would be Sean Dyche or Big SAM! Any of the four would stabilise us in the Premiership before we go for the top six?
    Never been relegated

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    nothing, absolutely nothing, would have kept stoke up!!