+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

Has to be Sunday for me, not really performance related but meant the most to me. Granted I only made it to 2 home games this season, the first being Forest just 2 weeks ago followed by Reading on Sunday.

But the sheer effort to make that game, travelling for 6 hours from Italy back home to Geneva on the Saturday night. Before waking up early on the Sunday morning to fly out to Heathrow then take a rental car to Cardiff. Arrived in Canton at 1115am, in time to meet up with friends and my brother who I had not seen in 18 months who himself had travelled from Chicago and walked to the ground in a sea of blue.

To watch the boys achieve promotion and share in the joy with friends and family on the pitch was truly worth all the efforts. I was only in Cardiff for 14 hours in total, but was worth every effort to be there.

If we want my performance, it has to be the away game against Wolves in August. Completely outplayed them and made their team look second best for the whole 90 mins. I revelled in the reaction from the Wolves fans afterwards as I think we all did.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Has to be Sunday for me, not really performance related but meant the most to me. Granted I only made it to 2 home games this season, the first being Forest just 2 weeks ago followed by Reading on Sunday.

But the sheer effort to make that game, travelling for 6 hours from Italy back home to Geneva on the Saturday night. Before waking up early on the Sunday morning to fly out to Heathrow then take a rental car to Cardiff. Arrived in Canton at 1115am, in time to meet up with friends and my brother who I had not seen in 18 months who himself had travelled from Chicago and walked to the ground in a sea of blue.

To watch the boys achieve promotion and share in the joy with friends and family on the pitch was truly worth all the efforts. I was only in Cardiff for 14 hours in total, but was worth every effort to be there.

If we want my performance, it has to be the away game against Wolves in August. Completely outplayed them and made their team look second best for the whole 90 mins. I revelled in the reaction from the Wolves fans afterwards as I think we all did.
    Great post. That’s what following your team is all about.

Villa at Home for me that was some performance and the "Terry what's the score " was just awesome.
    Forest away I loved when Danny Ward finished them off that was a good 3 points on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post

I am impressed mate. I remember flying back from South East Asia for the 2008 Cup final and flying back 3 days s later. Also travelling from Southampton to Burnley by train for a night game in 1992, knowing I will get back to my ship 30 minutes before work started if everything went to plan. Got back into Southampton at 0600ish. But your sojourn last week is more impressive and really puts into perspective what City/Football fans will go through to see their team. Well done.
    Spedger