+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

I did 22 of the 23 home games, and about 6 away, my stand out performance for sheer excitement, conviction and enjoyment was that battering we gave Villa at the start of the season when we were the underdogs.

What a day, NML & Kenny were on FIRE!!!

Re: Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

Only managed to make it to the U.K. for 5 games but luckily got villa and Sheffield United home which were both great. Villa especially was a real highlight.

Watching the others on ifollow the Leeds and Sunderland matches were great.

Brentford away. Thought we were going to get battered after the first 10 minutes, but the team really showed what they were all about that night.

Wolves away by a mile,won 2-1 but cold easily have been 5-1. We totally outplayed them and the Wolvesalona fans were shell shocked after the game.

Without doubt, Villa at home for me, followed by Leeds home and away. I also enjoyed the away games I attended at Burton and Fulham albeit fuelled by alcohol especially in the case of Burton where we missed the last train home and ended up staying the night in Birmingham! Also loved pre season games at Taffs Well, Shrewsbury and Plymouth. Love pre season away games always very relaxed and a chance to have a good chance to talk to management and players alike.

Villa for me too...

Norwich at home (second half) after an awful first 45 minutes.

thought we were sensational in the second half and could easily have got 5 or 6

For the aways I'm sticking with Leeds, Brentford and Hull although Forest was a good un just for Ward's goal.
    For home...Villa...could have been 5 or 6 nil, easily. Sunderland and Norwich deserve a mention, too. For the WTF moment(s) of the season award...Wolves.

Villa Home, they didn’t know what had hit them

I missed the villa home game due to holidays but for me Leeds at game was brilliant.

Forest for just sheer relief of the win too

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Has to be Villa if only for the way KZ bullied Terry

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    I did 22 of the 23 home games, and about 6 away, my stand out performance for sheer excitement, conviction and enjoyment was that battering we gave Villa at the start of the season when we were the underdogs.

What a day, NML & Kenny were on FIRE!!!
    That was the day I realised we were in with a serious chance this season. I've never seen Bruce looking so shell-shocked...

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Oh and NMLs goal scored in bright green boots which I notice have been missing recently and therefore imo the lack thereof accounts for his recent lack of goals

Bristol City at home. We were down to the bare bones with Halford and Connolly both starting. Would have been happy with a draw but Ken's late goal gave us a vital win.

Hull was the big game of the season for me - I reckon Fulham, and quite a few others, thought we had "gone" after Derby and were taken aback by what we did that day.

Leeds at home is a personal favourite as well, because, after a few appalling matches (eg Cardiff 0 Bolton 3), my brother finally got to see something which made his once a season trip to Cardiff City Stadium worthwhile.

However, there is only game that can be termed the most enjoyable - I was confident we'd beat Villa beforehand, but blitz them like we did? No chance - if it hadn't have been for Johnstone, we'd have got six or seven.

The home FA cup tie against Mansfield. Compelling stuff.

Our start to the season was blistering, the demolition of Villa was great.

Hull away for me - crucial game with the added tension of a Fulham win the night before. The boys stepped up and put on a performance for what has to be the best away support noise this season!

Leeds away. We run riot that day, with some of the best football weve played all season. Plus it's always good to give the ferret molesters a good hiding.

Ipswich away on a Tuesday night..stole a 1.0 win..totally underseved with 371 of us there.

Fulham away, dodgy Ref, going a goal down, yet still finished the stronger.

Burton away, Forest away, Hull away & Norwich away

Leeds home was great too as was the home game against Bristol City

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Ipswich away on a Tuesday night..stole a 1.0 win..totally underseved with 371 of us there.
    This was one of mine as it was a crucial win at the time. But Hull away pips it, Atmosphere was electric and to score the second goal with 5 minutesish to go was top drawer. The noise was unbelievable, and then we knew we were in the driving seat and Fulham had it all to do. Among my best away days ever.
    Spedger

Has to be Sunday for me, not really performance related but meant the most to me. Granted I only made it to 2 home games this season, the first being Forest just 2 weeks ago followed by Reading on Sunday.

But the sheer effort to make that game, travelling for 6 hours from Italy back home to Geneva on the Saturday night. Before waking up early on the Sunday morning to fly out to Heathrow then take a rental car to Cardiff. Arrived in Canton at 1115am, in time to meet up with friends and my brother who I had not seen in 18 months who himself had travelled from Chicago and walked to the ground in a sea of blue.

To watch the boys achieve promotion and share in the joy with friends and family on the pitch was truly worth all the efforts. I was only in Cardiff for 14 hours in total, but was worth every effort to be there.

If we want my performance, it has to be the away game against Wolves in August. Completely outplayed them and made their team look second best for the whole 90 mins. I revelled in the reaction from the Wolves fans afterwards as I think we all did.

Hard to chose between wolves away, villa home and hull away, but the winner just is hull for me. I too thought we were gone after derby.