+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

Re: Out of all 46 games which performance did you enjoy the most???

Hull away after Derby away then Fulham winning on the Friday i had a head wobble and thought we had blown it.
    Yet again Warnock and the squad proved me wrong. On the way home i was convinced we had done enough and wasn't really nervous in the run up to the Reading game.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Ipswich away on a Tuesday night..stole a 1.0 win..totally underseved with 371 of us there.
    I was one of those hardy souls. Terrible game, made worse with the groin strain of Morrison right in front of us.

Tense, nervous and largely horrible, but we came through and that told me a lot about this side.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I was one of those hardy souls. Terrible game, made worse with the groin strain of Morrison right in front of us.

Tense, nervous and largely horrible, but we came through and that told me a lot about this side.
    It was absolutely bloody freezing too. One of the worst games I’ve seen, but loved the result.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Has to be Sunday for me, not really performance related but meant the most to me. Granted I only made it to 2 home games this season, the first being Forest just 2 weeks ago followed by Reading on Sunday.

But the sheer effort to make that game, travelling for 6 hours from Italy back home to Geneva on the Saturday night. Before waking up early on the Sunday morning to fly out to Heathrow then take a rental car to Cardiff. Arrived in Canton at 1115am, in time to meet up with friends and my brother who I had not seen in 18 months who himself had travelled from Chicago and walked to the ground in a sea of blue.

To watch the boys achieve promotion and share in the joy with friends and family on the pitch was truly worth all the efforts. I was only in Cardiff for 14 hours in total, but was worth every effort to be there.

If we want my performance, it has to be the away game against Wolves in August. Completely outplayed them and made their team look second best for the whole 90 mins. I revelled in the reaction from the Wolves fans afterwards as I think we all did.
    Great post. That’s what following your team is all about.

Villa at Home for me that was some performance and the "Terry what's the score " was just awesome.
    Forest away I loved when Danny Ward finished them off that was a good 3 points on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Fulham away, dodgy Ref, going a goal down, yet still finished the stronger.
    I would have to say the return match was much more enjoyable. From my point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I would have to say the return match was much more enjoyable. From my point of view
    I’ll allow you that one - you took us apart that day

Chelsea vs Huddersfield

Wolves away - they had no answer for us. Ralls, NML and Zohore took them apart.

This thread has a clear divide. The exciting dominating performances from the start of the season to the gritty, tough battling wins we finished with.

Personally I enjoyed both. The wins at hull and Norwich were very un Cardiff like historically, overall I’d go for Brentford away though. I thought we’d lose it 3 or 4 0 after 15 minutes so to end so comfortably on top was great.

Hull away .....for the tension, relief & atmosphere.

i'm keeping the stub...might be needed for next season :)

Villa home is probably as well as we played.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Chelsea vs Huddersfield
    The Southampton game the night before is up there as well!

Hull away for me, it was backs to the wall at times but Etheridge wasn't really tested and that second Morrison goal made everyone go crazy. The atmosphere was amazing and after the final whistle, everyone knew we were nearly there and I didn't for a moment think we'd mess it up. Compare that to moments after Fulham's win of the Friday, I was incredibly nervous!

I enjoyed Sunday, after Birmingham's 3rd goal.
    That reminds me why WE were promoted and Fulham were not, the guy who scored the 3rd skinned Fulham's number 4 and he just stood there like a statue and watched the guy go on and score, no way would a Warnock player ever, ever be a spectator like that.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    I enjoyed Sunday, after Birmingham's 3rd goal.
    That reminds me why WE were promoted and Fulham were not, the guy who scored the 3rd skinned Fulham's number 4 and he just stood there like a statue and watched the guy go on and score, no way would a Warnock player ever, ever be a spectator like that.
    If a City player made a mistake like that it would probably be his last

Did anybody see Wildschut again in Cardiff after the calamity he created in the Derby game

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, hope you rip them a new one

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Has to be Sunday for me, not really performance related but meant the most to me. Granted I only made it to 2 home games this season, the first being Forest just 2 weeks ago followed by Reading on Sunday.

But the sheer effort to make that game, travelling for 6 hours from Italy back home to Geneva on the Saturday night. Before waking up early on the Sunday morning to fly out to Heathrow then take a rental car to Cardiff. Arrived in Canton at 1115am, in time to meet up with friends and my brother who I had not seen in 18 months who himself had travelled from Chicago and walked to the ground in a sea of blue.

To watch the boys achieve promotion and share in the joy with friends and family on the pitch was truly worth all the efforts. I was only in Cardiff for 14 hours in total, but was worth every effort to be there.

If we want my performance, it has to be the away game against Wolves in August. Completely outplayed them and made their team look second best for the whole 90 mins. I revelled in the reaction from the Wolves fans afterwards as I think we all did.
    I am impressed mate. I remember flying back from South East Asia for the 2008 Cup final and flying back 3 days s later. Also travelling from Southampton to Burnley by train for a night game in 1992, knowing I will get back to my ship 30 minutes before work started if everything went to plan. Got back into Southampton at 0600ish. But your sojourn last week is more impressive and really puts into perspective what City/Football fans will go through to see their team. Well done.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    If a City player made a mistake like that it would probably be his last

Did anybody see Wildschut again in Cardiff after the calamity he created in the Derby game
    I was thinking the same myself. The Brum player moved forward and Fulham players just gave up.
    Spedger

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I was thinking the same myself. The Brum player moved forward and Fulham players just gave up.
    Spedger
    The Birmingham player probably couldn’t believe it either