+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season tickets gone up

Season tickets gone up

Re: Season tickets gone up

And so they should. If someone didn't get theres before we got to the Prem and then they conveniently want one they deserve to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by adamm92 View Post
    And rightly so! The deadline for early bird was not even long ago. if you didnt renew then and now want one all of a sudden for a now guaranteed PL season, it should be more.

My ticket in Canton is now £399, i got it for £299 i think? Absolute bargain!

Still well priced even now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Family stand all sold out!! - now does that mean every seat in the family end is sold out - or have they kept some back for general sale ? , I can see the upper tier being open for most matches this season.
    The Upper Tier will be open for all matches as they’re selling season tickets in it now

I believe we will get 30k plus for every home league game next season

I think the club have come on so much. Years ago we would never have managed to look after existing fans by rewarding loyalty yet capitalising on our success.
    This is the first time I have ever seen the club get it right. Fair play.

And because people are now buying the tickets at the higher price it shows that the club have probably got the pricing spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    How many tickets will be left open to the general public to buy ?

Every season I take some friends and family to games and we all sit together - either Ninian or Grandstand.
    It's going to be a real disappointment if there are no seats anywhere, other than a few odd seats scattered around here and there.

I wonder how long before it wears off?
    They have to keep a certain amount of tickets back, think its around 20% of the capacity (not including away end) so there will be around 6000 tickets available for match day sales.

How long before the novelty wears off you mean? Hopefully never. If we can stay in the prem and continue to look after our most loyal supporters there is no reason why the fan base cant continue to grow at that level as almost every club sells out most weeks.

But we have to keep our feet on the ground here. Even surviving one season at that level would be a huge achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    They have to keep a certain amount of tickets back, think its around 20% of the capacity (not including away end) so there will be around 6000 tickets available for match day sales.

How long before the novelty wears off you mean? Hopefully never. If we can stay in the prem and continue to look after our most loyal supporters there is no reason why the fan base cant continue to grow at that level as almost every club sells out most weeks.

But we have to keep our feet on the ground here. Even surviving one season at that level would be a huge achievement.
    Exactly. Swansea were attracting 14k in the season they got promoted from the Championship, not long after averaging about 7k at the Vetch. I bet they'll still get an average of about 17k if they get relegated. A prolonged stay in the top flight will cement the support of fans who would've otherwise only gone to a few games a year but got STs to watch PL football.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I believe we will get 30k plus for every home league game next season
    Based on the crowds during our last Premiership season (and the higher crowds during the promotion season then) - and remembering capacity was around 28K, I'll be pleasantly surprised to see 30K for every home game.

The Big Six will attract a capacity crowd - but the likes of Newcastle, Bournemouth and Burnley will likely scrape a gate of 25-26K.

But whatever - the City coffers will be swollen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Based on the crowds during our last Premiership season (and the higher crowds during the promotion season then) - and remembering capacity was around 28K, I'll be pleasantly surprised to see 30K for every home game.

The Big Six will attract a capacity crowd - but the likes of Newcastle, Bournemouth and Burnley will likely scrape a gate of 25-26K.

Shame really because the games against teams like Bournemouth are arguably more important in deciding where we finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

I don't know whether we'll sell out every game but 25-26k? We would have to be down already to get those sort of crowds IMO as we will most likely sell at least 22-23k season tickets over the summer I would imagine.

And I wouldn't read anything into this seasons crowds; they were a consequence of previous seasons as much as anything else really (3 mid table finishes, little ambition shown in terms of transfer spending, resulting in a massive drop in season tickets sold). I can understand peoples disappointment with them but they were sadly inevitable after such a pitiful take up last summer.

They have picked up enormously in recent weeks though and judging by how quickly the Reading game sold out I think we can safely put to bed any suggestion now that our last season in the Premier League has turned people off the whole thing down here.

Got mine over a month ago, don't think my daughter would have forgiven me if I'd let it run and we missed our seats (even if we stayed down) due to the family stamd ST selling out..

300 quid for 2 in the PL. Now that's value. I found it cheap paying that in that championship if I'm being honest.

Another "well done Cardiff city" from me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    I don't know whether we'll sell out every game but 25-26k? We would have to be down already to get those sort of crowds IMO as we will most likely sell at least 22-23k season tickets over the summer I would imagine.

And I wouldn't read anything into this seasons crowds; they were a consequence of previous seasons as much as anything else really (3 mid table finishes, little ambition shown in terms of transfer spending, resulting in a massive drop in season tickets sold). I can understand peoples disappointment with them but they were sadly inevitable after such a pitiful take up last summer.

They have picked up enormously in recent weeks though and judging by how quickly the Reading game sold out I think we can safely put to bed any suggestion now that our last season in the Premier League has turned people off the whole thing down here.
    The difference between the previous Premier League season and this upcoming one are like night and day at this point. Much more positivity and goodwill towards the club in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    The difference between the previous Premier League season and this upcoming one are like night and day at this point. Much more positivity and goodwill towards the club in 2018.
    ... and an extra stand to fill!

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    For sure, it feels like Cardiff City have gone up this time (rather than that impostor 5 years ago).

Tried to move my seats earlier but decided to stay where I was.

Basically the Ninian, Canton & Family stands are sold out as are the centre 3 blocks of the top tier (except the zone 1 seats). Plenty still in the corners & wings but very little left in zones 3 & 4.

22000 sold last time we were in the Prem.
    Can't be far off that now

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    22000 sold last time we were in the Prem.
    Can't be far off that now
    We'd better beat that or you know who will have more ammo to throw atthe club he loves so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We'd better beat that or you know who will have more ammo to throw atthe club he loves so much.
    We actually had 18000 season ticket holders the season before that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Season ticket sales were capped at 22500 last time, so even if we beat that figure he'll just turn around and say, "Nope, doesnt count. Would have sold 50,000 last time. Poor attendances. Millions of pounds in debt....".