+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mordashov ?

Mordashov ?

I came across a tweet from some random guy 'ringpugilist'.

All posts are boxing related, bar his last one. Russian billionaire Alexey Mordashov to join forces with VT at Cardiff.

Of course its probably all bollox, but it doesn't fit in with all the other tweets.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Mordashov ?

Russian billionaire businessman, main shareholder and chairman of Severstal, a Russian conglomerate with interests in metal, energy and mining companies.
    Attended Northumbria university? Wtf

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5019588.stm

He’s been extremely vocal recently about Trumps proposed steel sanctions

Unless it's ever man City or Chelsea money we could probably do without the upheaval except for someone who's going to run it properly. Think VT has learnt a lot and also realised that at the top he hasn't got the cash to burn.

Just some random guys twitter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Unless it's ever man City or Chelsea money we could probably do without the upheaval except for someone who's going to run it properly. Think VT has learnt a lot and also realised that at the top he hasn't got the cash to burn.

Just some random guys twitter anyway.
    I think VT’s ambitions are just about perfect for us as a Club. I don’t just want to watch random mercenaries with no attachment to Cardiff come and ‘entertain’ me. I want to feel they care about the Club like I do.

Worth 18 billion apparently, which is a lot more than abrahmovic or Mansour.
    I really can't see it though.

I remember reading an article 10 or 15 years ago which said that russian billionaires like to raise their profile by investing in football and that sort of thing as it makes it less likely that they'll get bumped off by Putin and their money taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Worth 18 billion apparently, which is a lot more than abrahmovic or Mansour.
    I really can't see it though.

I remember reading an article 10 or 15 years ago which said that russian billionaires like to raise their profile by investing in football and that sort of thing as it makes it less likely that they'll get bumped off by Putin and their money taken.
    The Premier League in 20 years time will just be arguments like "Our billionaire owner is richer than your billionaire owner" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The Premier League in 20 years time will just be arguments like "Our billionaire owner is richer than your billionaire owner" etc...
    It already is...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think VT’s ambitions are just about perfect for us as a Club. I don’t just want to watch random mercenaries with no attachment to Cardiff come and ‘entertain’ me. I want to feel they care about the Club like I do.
    Agree. Ten years ago the thought of being taken over by one of Russia’s richest men would have been an exciting prospect. Now the thought of it fills me with dread.

Seems unlikely, based on this story from nine years ago, but that is a long time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...eely-side.html

I got excited when I saw this thread, as I thought we were going to sign a new player named Mordashov ..