+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you to a playoff final?

Would you to a playoff final?

Now we are not involved? Trying to imagine would it be enjoyable, possibly a bit sadistic as obv wouldn’t give a monkeys who wins....never thought of going before just popped in my head today.

Re: Would you to a playoff final?

I’d love it, enjoy any live match especially if it’s a big one. And I always enjoy watching the playoffs.

Probably not ,awful; trip ,awful stadium ,awful; surrounding area ,awful; trip home if you have lost.

In the pub,with your mates ,easy access to the bar , bog and food

Think the Stadium location is awful, so wouldn't bother for another team. In fact, sad to say it but I'm not sure I'd go there for a City Play Off Final again either!

I cannot wait for this year's play offs however. Having sealed the deal, I will be kicking back, completely relaxed and savouring every god forsaken second of the hell and agony that is the Play Offs.

I would enjoy it very much, especially if it went to penalties.

And sudden death.

And if the Goalkeepers had to step up to take a pen.

The new Wembley stadium, is utter dog shit, for a match day experience. Can't believe they spent over a billion pound to build it. Been there 3times with city and every time I hated it. Not because we lost.... I was expecting us to lose 2 of the games. It just has absolutely no character, it makes you feel disconnected from what's happening on the pitch. Nothing but a grandiose exercise for the Pepsi type sponsors and cooperates with little thought about the fans. Hate the place and wouldn't have gone back if we were in another playoff final

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Probably not ,awful; trip ,awful stadium ,awful; surrounding area ,awful; trip home if you have lost.

In the pub,with your mates ,easy access to the bar , bog and food
    How can you lose if it’s not your team? I’m mean going as a neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    The new Wembley stadium, is utter dog shit, for a match day experience. Can't believe they spent over a billion pound to build it. Been there 3times with city and every time I hated it. Not because we lost.... I was expecting us to lose 2 of the games. It just has absolutely no character, it makes you feel disconnected from what's happening on the pitch. Nothing but a grandiose exercise for the Pepsi type sponsors and cooperates with little thought about the fans. Hate the place and wouldn't have gone back if we were in another playoff final
    It is the most soulless dump ever I agree, in a similar type area of London. If I never go again it will be too soon

I've done 3 Conference / National League play off finals:
    Hereford v Halifax (Walkers, Leicester) 15,000
    Forest Green v Grimsby 17,000
    Forest Green v Tranmere (both Wembley) 18,000

It was definitely better @Leicester, right size for a play-off final with those size crowds

Interesting trend going on?
    Grimsby lost 2015 final won 2016 final
    Forest Green lost 2016, won 2017
    Tranmere lost 2017, 2018 final on Saturday could be the 3rd club in a row to bounce

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Now we are not involved? Trying to imagine would it be enjoyable, possibly a bit sadistic as obv wouldn’t give a monkeys who wins....never thought of going before just popped in my head today.
    I wouldn't go - but I love watching the play-offs, especially if my club is not involved. Always plenty of drama, and who can forget that Charlton 4 - 4 Sunderland game? Bloody hell, just checked and it was 20 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I wouldn't go - but I love watching the play-offs, especially if my club is not involved. Always plenty of drama, and who can forget that Charlton 4 - 4 Sunderland game? Bloody hell, just checked and it was 20 years ago!
    Like most of us on here I’ve seen city there 4 times. Thankfully I won’t be tested but I hadn’t intended on going to a play off final there if city got there this season and I agree with all the negative comments above.

I'd go but two big ifs....plenty of cheapish seats available, buy on the day. Also, a convenient kick off time for park and ride trains eg Bicester or Banbury (coming from the Midlands). Otherwise, it's Sky Go.

Definitely, the play offs are fantastic entertainment and you end up with either side of the stadium at polar opposites in emotion.

Hate being in them but as a neutral they are great to watch.

Fulham v boro or villa would be a good final